Bumpers  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What material?

• Fiber
    • Poly
    • rue's diamond-grade foreskin

So put your money where your mouth is so brian can start copying his Mark II Sedan aka Cressida front bumper and the rears. I already paid him in full for my copies so you guys need to scrape up cash dammit.

Pics of what? Its a fucking replica of Mark II Shorty bumpers!

Here's the front of Brian's car. This is the front bumper he will be replicating for the CRESSIDA face! It wont work on the other X8 faces because this bumper is more squared off and bigger.

banner.jpg

And here's the rear bumper

modp-1107-04+1991-toyota-cressida+rear-view.jpg

Guest Jspec603

Haha, was only bein a douche about the pics. Good to see the original however. Any sort of prices floating around yet?

Mo people kinda need cost and payment info first before they can start shoveling brian coin ;)

I've handled S9's body kit and just picking it up the wrong way will make cracking noises. So I'm hoping something about 3-5x thicker than G's fibercrap would actually be appealing to me.

Woah, settle the fuck down

No you settle the fuck down. If a business wants good publicity they better offer good quality products and service. This is America where we as consumers critisize at free will. Don't like it, then build better shit or fuck off. As for cost, brian needs to see comitment togive a figure of cost. Price varies between 1 and 50 copies. The more the cheaper. I'll start a list and you guys add to it.

1. Mo = both bumpers

What the hell do you need shorty bumpers for? You're 12 you should stick to your bumper car crash resistant bumpers to keep you nice and safe.

Guest DuaxMachine

take your junk to DM and make this happen

Like that will ever happen..........

Been waiting since January for him to do one of his TRD noses, or one of his drop-vent hoods.

I think DM Aero is a one project company, and right now it's stuck on the rear window thingy.

And serial-9 stuff would have to come from china.

Rumor has it that Harwood in Texas (who already produces large quantities of 'glass parts for american type cars)

will do custom stuff if you drop a mold on their lap.

Would be worth a call.

I would take one of each, since DM has fallen on his ass with his projects.

well dont be a critic without putting out a little more. post up some info about this place. TX isnt too far from AZ. cost per quantity with plug. none of us (that i know of) are really solid enough with FRP to be making molds.

Bolt up the mark II headlights with your Cressida bumper. If your happy with the character line on the bumper below the headlights, then thats what you should expect out of brian's copies.

I totally need that front. I don't give a damn about the rear.

is there an option that's right in the middle between the two? is there a type of frp layup that could produce a more poly~like bumper for near the same cost as frp??

Yes there is. Additives can be added to normal resins in proper % to give a real flexible frp part. different material thickness also plays a part in the flex.

Like that will ever happen..........

Been waiting since January for him to do one of his TRD noses, or one of his drop-vent hoods.

I think DM Aero is a one project company, and right now it's stuck on the rear window thingy.

And serial-9 stuff would have to come from china.

Rumor has it that Harwood in Texas (who already produces large quantities of 'glass parts for american type cars)

will do custom stuff if you drop a mold on their lap.

Would be worth a call.

I would take one of each, since DM has fallen on his ass with his projects.

okay.

well dont be a critic without putting out a little more. post up some info about this place. TX isnt too far from AZ. cost per quantity with plug. none of us (that i know of) are really solid enough with FRP to be making molds.

I make molds, big and small.replicating these would be a breeze.

also have a front lip that matches.

Fuck Poly.

unless you got 30k for the right tool, poly will be shitty.

Flex FRP with carbon reinforment would be my method of production.