Sign in to follow this  
kumasan616

T3 suspension update 4/21/06 closing in on final production!

UPDATE for 4/21/06 at the bottom!

I just got off the phone withh Gabe, it looks like I will have a set of prototype suspension in my hands by monday (which inlcudes the following):

Front stuff:

Camber plates

GC coilovers shortened withh koni insert withh (for now) 675lbs (~12.5 kg/mm) rate

RCAs

Rear stuff:

solid upper mounts withh urethane isolator bushings

GC coilovers (MA70 dimensions) withh 550lbs (~9.845 kg/mm) rate

other stuff in the works to be coming soon for testing:

front tension rods

rear links (all ot them)

after testing (approx a week or so) I will be sending the report back to him and they will be ready for orders... I will post up all the official stuff once we get pics back and he can determine prices for everything. Looks like its game on, ladies!

also one more good thing: he's eyeballs-deep in building the same kind of stuff for the MX73!!! ;)

SEE BOTTOM FOR PICS

Front stuff:

Camber plates

GC coilovers shortened withh koni insert withh (for now) 675lbs (~12.5 kg/mm) rate

RCAs

Rear stuff:

after driving my car for a year on the kei office, i really feel that the coil springs rates are way off or there isn't enough valving or adjustmeant for the or rear for compression and rebound. the car tends to bounce in the front end when going through certain types of turns. i let me know how your 12k 9.5k set up is. mine is currently 12k 10k and i would like to either dump the front springs in favor of a 10k and leave the rears 10k or i would have to get at least the fronts revalved some where some how.

ALSO, rear toe rods, front tie rods and uhm yeah, atleast those two. i need the stat so i can get my car aligned. no sense in aligning it then putting on parts then having to align it again.

Your front tie rods are already adjustable fool. All you need is Tension rods and you will be able to adjust every alignment angle in the front. And Tension rods will turn your car into a whole new entity :wink:

Your front tie rods are already adjustable fool. All you need is Tension rods and you will be able to adjust every alignment angle in the front. And Tension rods will turn your car into a whole new entity :wink:
i know they are fool. i just want new ones withh better ends that go into the steering rack that allow for more steering angle and that are stronger then stock. when you start to exceed the stock amount of steering angle on stock tie rods, things tend to break.

BIG UPDATE:

I just got off the phone withh Gabe, it looks like I will have a set of prototype suspension in my hands by monday (which inlcudes the following):

Front stuff:

Camber plates

RCAs

Rear stuff:

other stuff in the works to be coming soon for testing:

front tension rods

rear links (all ot them)

and get this...

REAR SWAY BAR!!! He's thinking of doing a nascar-style adjustable sway bar... stay tuned on that one...

after testing (approx a week or so) I will be sending the report back to him and they will be ready for orders... I will post up all the official stuff once we get pics back and he can determine prices for everything. Looks like its game on, ladies!

also one more good thing: he's eyeballs-deep in building the same kind of stuff for the MX73!!! ;)

freakin' sweat!!!

i know they are fool. i just want new ones withh better ends that go into the steering rack that allow for more steering angle and that are stronger then stock. when you start to exceed the stock amount of steering angle on stock tie rods, things tend to break.

No fool....

your the fool....

Fool...

:lol:

after driving my car for a year on the kei office, i really feel that the coil springs rates are way off or there isn't enough valving or adjustmeant for the or rear for compression and rebound. the car tends to bounce in the front end when going through certain types of turns. i let me know how your 12k 9.5k set up is. mine is currently 12k 10k and i would like to either dump the front springs in favor of a 10k and leave the rears 10k or i would have to get at least the fronts revalved some where some how.

ALSO, rear toe rods, front tie rods and uhm yeah, atleast those two. i need the stat so i can get my car aligned. no sense in aligning it then putting on parts then having to align it again.

good reference...a few q's for ya:

1. what type of driving are you talking about? track only, daily driving, mixed?

2. what tires are you using? at what psi?

3. what are the conditions of the roads where you are at?

4. did you get your KO used or were they new?

5. have you redone your suspension bushings recently?

6. do you have any aftermarket sway bars/other suspension stuff?

7. how does the car react through constant sweepers? swithchbacks?

there's a lot of factors that could throw off the feel of your suspension settings... I know the koni's are valved a bit on the agressive side for the specified car, and because more often than not the stiffness of the valving in a strut/shock determines ride stiffness/quality, the valving could be off for what you are running. Also, its important to match the spring rates to the type of tires you plan on running... the rule of thumb is the stiffer the spring rate/strut valving, the more agressive tire is needed. Also, the type of road surface you run on has an impact on which rates you want to run... I am starting at this rate to see how the suspension reacts in my setup. The good news is that when you order your setup you can run any spring rate you choose based on what best matches what you need

What was the last time your Keis were rebuilt? Are "certian types" categorized by the speed at which the car is traveling? It sounds like you're just not getting the damping you need in the front, either due to worn out dampers or spring rates that exceed the damper's engineered capability. In my experience the front shocks are usually the first to wear out on a nose-heavy car.

Unless KeI Office has their own hydraulics plant, I'd imagine that they have been manufactured by someone like KYB. If you can figure out who manufactured the damping unit, you could probably get them revalved or rebuilt.

I am sure you could get the dampers easily rebuilt here in the US, maybe koni could do something for you

in other news, the project was put on hold for a week to accomodate other shiznit at T3... looks like I should have the stuff in by friday

slight delay due to formula D at long beach, Gabe said he is going to ship it out by monday when they get back to the shop... bad timing for this project due to competition for formula d

well, it's lookinmg like JIC aqre gonna bitch out, So I guess I want these now. Any word on camber arms/ tc rods?

another quick update: looks like I should have some pics tonight or tomorrow from Gabe, and I think I should have them in my hands by sat depending on when he can get to fedex.

about the tension rods: the tension rods are starting to go into prototype mode in the next couple of weeks for development... if the prototype looks like it will do what we want it to, then it will go into production :wink: