Sign in to follow this  
Guest Push

fukkkkk Emissions....

Guest Push

I got Emissions coming up for the 92'. Theres no way in hell I am going to pass... I am thinking of welding 2 cats, stopping my bov from venting into the atmosphere, and figure out a way to run like no boost.... Anyone else got any suggestions or advice? Right the car has no cats, and basically a 3' inch downpipe from the turbo back.

My car fail for Nox by only 150 PPM and that was withh no Cats and No EGR, and only on the 25MPH I passed the 15. If you make your EGR work and put a cat on you can pass easy.

at least u guys dont get shafted like us in CALI....

at least u guys dont get shafted like us in CALI....

That is in Cali. Sacramento. The GTE swap can get reffed and Pass Cali emissions granted it still has all its Stuff hooked up and you dont get any CELs.

haah i forgot u were up in sac... i just saw 'hawaii.' so your car passed visual inspection then?

Nope, I had modified PCV. This was at my school which I am training to become a smog tech and Advanced Diagnostics Tech so I have free rein on our 4 Smog Dynos hahaha. Like I said you have to get it reffed, but that is easy if you have all the stock emissions stuff on there like the Evap can, EGR, and everything else. They wont get you for Hard pipes or an Intercooler.

Once you get it reffed you can take it down to a smog check place and pass as long as your motor is running good.

HAHAHAHA, Here in LA we don't have smog tests.

We just go to the local Auto shop or car wash and get our inspection tag. Down here in N.O. we call it a brake tag.

All you have to do is walk into the shop, give them your license and registration, 10 dollars and they walk out and scrap off the old one and slam on a new one.

You can get away withh almost anything here.

I know alot of people withh no cat, no egr, no muffler. And no one bothers them, because this is Louisiana.

No inspection OR emissions testing in Ohio anymore, as of Dec 31s 2005. :)......... Sydepypes 4 lyfe.

Make sure your engine is running in tip top condition (duh), not rich... install the factory BOV, or CBV, if you still have it, fill your tank withh BP, or any other gasoline withh a lower ethanol content, give your ecu time to readjust (3-4 shutdown, startup, and driving cycles).

All this ON top of installing the cats, and you should be golden.

What motor are you running? Where are you located?

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a 1jz swap and have it pass smogg in California?

legally no. may be you can pass a sniffer withh the right exhaust and a stockish setup, but i went overly enthused about passing and ended up at twice the legal emmisions limit. another 7M turbo supra (aaron's) i went withh ended up 3 times over lol... sometimes smog guys wont even know if you have a clean swap but most places will catch a thing or two

push has a 7M-BHGTE in his cressida :wink:

Guest Push
push has a 7M-BHGTE in his cressida :wink:

pown3d.... :lol:

eh I am happy withh it for now but she leaves around end of summer. I found a buyer... He can have fun withh rod knock and bhg...

Well, I guess maybe it would actually be easier for me to do a 2jzgte swap and include all the smog equipment from the newer supra to pass.

gunna have several problems there but they can be worked out.

Converting the car to OBD-2 is not going to be easy for the DIY mechanic but it can be done withh lots of money. Also the intercooler pipes need to be in the stock configuration which presents a problem. Anyone who ever smogged a Turbo swap got any info on this?