Sign in to follow this  
yokotavia

Body - X8 rear fenders what the fuck

alright. ive seen pics of people cutting out the rear fender wheel well. ive searched and cannot find these pics for the life of me.

im trying to fit 17x9 +0

i know i NEED REAR ARMS. BAD, will get them eventually but i got other priorities

ive rolled the fender with a jackhandle. worked great but now im rubbing like...above the sidewall of the tire.

so..the question of the day is does anyone have pics of what they did to the inside of their rear fenders?fender3.jpgfender2.jpgfender.jpg

I'm pretty sure you cut literally right where its rubbing and push it up/out a bit.

The rear fender is 2 layers kinda like this |/

Those tires look HUGE. I'd start there before cutting shit

Guest DuaxMachine

Who told you that zero offset, 9" rims would fit the X8 chassis?

Maybe a mid 30 offset, with the fender 'work' you did.

holy balls, heat gun anyone?

on a 9 on an MX83 run 215/40, even 205/45

ab060464-7b5e-4707-8917-86d58164ae65.jpg

needs more whitewalls.

or maybe less offset. really not doing yourself a favour with 0 offset but you can make it work. should be more in the +15 range.

fender cutting is where you need to be. you'll have to slice the fender up the sides, pull it all out to form a flare then frp it into shape. cut out everything else inside or weld it to the outer fender. or buy other wheels.

look at G's guide. he clearly outlines the issues running low offset on a slammed car. it's not just the outer fender, there is a "hump" on the inner layer that needs to be removed or hammered in. this is what you're rubbing on, not the fender lip

take your wheel off, look under the fender. you'll see rub marks where your tire rubbed. mine are polished to the metal since i've never bothered to address this issue on my car

i literally said its rubbing above the tire. just curious if someone had some pics of what they cut out.

why would i want some +30 shit? this isnt a honda..

I beat the fuck outta mine with a sledge and ball-peen but I still rub slightly. But do what the others said. Take wheel off, look at where its rubbing, then cut that shit out. Simple as that. Piece should look something like this:

serialninenewshit1044ef9.jpg

I want to try and get a 255 on a 9.5 +18 on the rear front is easy roll roll rolll camber camber camber rear on other hand EKKK

it's a long thread, but i'm certain G also posted up how he fit 265-275 under a relatively stock rear fender (i think just a roll?)

look through here

Buy rims make car fit ftw

18x10.5 0 offset

Inner guard separated, outer skin full stretched then slotted with grinder a few times, pull flare shape then weld slots up

Looks like this

8a6b3fac.jpg

a06e45f8.jpg

yeah. i have this same issue just dont need so much pull. 17X9.5 +15 a little tuff but not to bad. i need alot less camber goin threw tire like a motha fauckaaaa.

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

I'm in the wheels>stock body boat too. Skin, do you have a better picture of the welding before the bondo went on? What metal did you use to fill the gaps?

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

Sorry, been creepin so long I forgot I haven't done one.... I'm on it boss!

I guess I should have updated this post but Ive been so busy with events.

Dont have arms.

same wheels now with 215-40 federals front and rear. .

.5 inch lower

doesnt look like that anymore lol. much better

Yea, cause I ran a 19x10+20 with a 235/35/19 and it still rubbed in the upper part of the inner. Basically I would hammer the inner everytime I had the car up in the air for the course of 2 years lol.

i would like to ask for a lil advice/tips for the rear fenders.

ive read this and G's thread on rear fenders. my question lies with the folded lip. are you guys cutting this completely off or cutting half way?. just enuff to remove the dreaded hump on the inside of the fender well. and then rolling/flatening to fit.

if you guys are cutting the entire folded lip i would like to get some options on the cutting proces used.

the way i thinking about doing it is to hold a grinder flat aginst the lowest part of the wheel arch and grind through. this way i would not beuseing the edge of the grinder but the flat surface of the grinding disk itsef. im thinking this will give me the best overall even cut before moving to the inner fender well.

again any advice or tip would be greatly appriceated.

sorry for the spelling.

side note. im fitting 18x10.5 +22 in the rear. tire choice is still in the air for now.

thank you again.

Guest RoyRogers

here's what i did... partial tub.

SDC10068.jpg

SDC10071.jpg

SDC10072.jpg

SDC10074-1.jpg

i'm running 18x9.75 +20 w/ 225/35/18

Guest RoyRogers

i know the welding is terrible... a friend of mine helped me with it and the welder we had was fucking awful, but it works for now