Sign in to follow this  
Guest Piner

'Ring Slut X100

Guest Piner

yeah i want 550's looks like im going to be forced to upgrade sooner than expected

Guest Piner

yeah now it looks like the rings on cyl #6 are fucked, and interestingly enough I happened upon a JZZ31 soarer for $350 bucks. So I bought that and when I get all the parts together sometime here in the next month the bottom end from that will be going in.

How much for Soarer badges? My gf wants em bad. Hand job for you waiting in tx

Guest Piner

Yeah the car doesn't have any badges, looks like they fell/ripped off.

Guest Piner

So Yeah I know I havent updated in a while. I eneded up getting a 1JZ short block from the UK and just using the soarer as a daily/ street shark car. The chaser is back together and running. Had some issues to sort out like a bad coil pack and fucked up timing, weird oil leaks and some electrical gremlens. Now the car runs and idles smooth but...

It has no power at all. It makes 12lbs of boost fine but you push the go pedal and it just laziely acclerates. It has plenty of torque to pull out and get moving without much throttle but when you want to get moving more than 1/4 throttle there just isn't anything more, now im not sure if anyone has any experience with this or not.

engine revs but doesn't go anywhere or engine response is lazy/takes a long time to rev?

yeesh. electronic throttle right? is the plate opening retarded slow when the pedal is depressed? something to do with TRAC?

Guest Piner

it has a traction throttle but its unplugged. I've had it unplugged since the 1st wheek I've owned the car. the actual throttle is a cable. The later VVTi's from the JZX110 had full electronic throttles

soooo guessing throttle plate actuation is good, trac plate is wide open and not flapping in the breeze?

Did your pulley have two marks? If so, the one to the left should be the correct mark iirc. Is your throttle opening all the way?

yeah Im stupid, My cam timing was off, when I checked it before I guess I wasn't at true TDC and my intake and exhaust cams were both off by the same amount which made them look like they lined up with the marks.

Car runs good now. Except it is raping and pilaging my fuel tank every chance it gets. Needs a new O2 I bet. Ordered the wrong one though. Fuck.

Will be heading up the 'Ring on the 30th once I get some new tires on this thing.

'Ring was soo skechy on saturday. I almost wrecked the car 4 times in one lap. Found a couple pictures though.

post-3164-0-66173000-1365365867_thumb.jpg

post-3164-0-64846400-1365365881_thumb.jpg