Sign in to follow this  
EDub

MX83 Cruiser...Snow sliding like a muv

I missed my Mark II...So I picked this thing up yesterday...

556289be.jpg

989e0c4a.jpg

51507f8d.jpg

Was G's daily 2 owners ago, the most recent owner bought it, gutted it, caged it and then lost interest lol.

So I picked it up for $1400, sold the cage for $500 and picked up the guys brand new in box set of polished varrstoens 18x9.5 +12/10.5 +15 included in the price.

Missing pretty much all the hardware for the interior, needs new carpet, rear and front seats, headliner, sun visors, c pillar trims, front windshield....

I already bought late model tails and center piece, jdm front lights, corner lights, front grill, Getting jdm bumpers soon.

Plan is Serialnine everything, on it's guts, 6 degrees of camber, doing the whole interior black. Paint match bumpers, trim and rockers. Serialnine Yamaha Trunk wing. 2jzge will most likely end up powering this bitch.

Inspiration sorta...but way lower and bigger crazier rims...

9603a7cf.jpg

2f3d40e8.jpg

b4fe1d25.jpg

5151547a.jpg

e7abcc05.jpg

cba69ee9.jpg

1f1a32c5.jpg

SEM Colour Coat, spray bombs in Landau Black. G used the same stuff in his race car about 3 years ago and it's held up to the abuse really well. Shits expensive as fuck though. I bought 4 cans of it today and at 50% off it was still $19 a can.

I was just looking at the SEM stuff last night. Most people say it holds up really well. I guess if u do the clear coat it will hold up even better.

First 2 coats down on a few parts

d6f25861.jpg

7df666e7.jpg

This shit is awesome. Goes down super easy, dries really quick.

looks good dude, just about finished my n/a 2j x8, put 1200+ kms on it this weekend,makes for a fun daily, but deffinetly needs a turbo :P

Did you do the whole 7m electronics bullshit? I was looking at that swap for that reason.

I did do it and so did a friend(his started up right away and mine didnt), but I wasnt quite impressed because of the cold start injector on the 7m /and cold start enrichment on the 2jzge , but otherwise it ran great but took way too much cranking to start . As long as you can figure out a way to cure that, otherwise it took too long to crank. now im on 2jzge map sensor ecu.

Shit I didn't realize you were local.. lol..I wouldn't mind checking it out sometime.

Guest RoyRogers

hell yeah man...I'm pumped your back in a x. that car looks soo clean. can't wait to so it done... i used vinyl paint on my door cards and dash and it came out awesome. when i do it again though I'm going to use sem paint. heard really good things about that shit.... where did you source the paint?

looks good im planing on painting the rest of my interior also hate that dark red color... but i dident like the way the paint came out on the fabric.made it feel stiff kinda like dirty socks that i jerkerd off in to a milion times.

That's the advantage of the vinyl door panels and seats, I don't give a Fuck how the a/b/c pillars feel etc you know?

they always come back.

good to see ya back in an X chassis. wheres your old x81 at now?

Some local dude has it, hasn't changed a fucking thing, tranny is fucked, turbos are fucked, oil pan's smashed and leaking. I wanna buy it back but he won't sell it and he says he's taking it to Kenya with him in a few years?WTF?

Here's a pic of it from the other day, looks exactly like what I sold it like...It's upsetting to see for me honestly.

299875_10150272280329315_517159314_7936541_5445510_n.jpg

finished painting more of the interior..

248ca4c4.jpg

Threw some bling in for good measure :)