jnianekeo

XM motor mount review

These things Shipped fast and mounted up perfectly. We sat it as far back as we could staying within the slotted allowance.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed anything but even free revving on these brackets you can see them flex. We didn't think much about it at the time, but over a period of ~6 months/~4k miles we gradually noticed the motor lean to the exhaust side.

So, we went ahead and removed them for inspection. Heres what we found:

photo-11.jpg

photo-12.jpg

The exuast side was way more bent than the intake side. Our poly mounts ripped apart due to the stressed angle.

When we first got these, they stacked right on top of each other-same angle and shape. Its also no secret that these mounts are about 90deg from the engine plane to the surface of the mount.

Have yet to contact XM, but these need to be revised. They are doing great things there and always raising the bar.

A little disappointed but here is the setup:

1989 X8

2JZ single turbo

480whp

Drag, drift, daily

Welded diff

Poly urethane motor mounts

XM zenki brackets

maybe we werent that lucky... mine bent around 1,500 miles... on a fat burnout

they sent me a new one in like 2 days.. and i havent had any more problems so far

2jzge with leaking headgasket

110624_173603.jpg

110624_173616.jpg

Just weld a gusset in there or box it off. Wait, Demesio, thats why your shit was leaning to the side when I was looking at it. I thought you was using JZX8 mounts. Fuck it.

well now i know why my engine sits in the bay with that gangsta lean... id rather not pull everything apart but now it looks like im gonna have to...

XM shit is dope, but maybe testing needs to go on longer to ensure product reliability on important suspension, steering and engine support products.

I will bring this up asap, I have had mine on my 1.5j for over a year without problem but if this is happening it will be addressed.

^ im not knockin xm they make awesome shit... with any product improvements can be made so time for them to come out with some gen2 engine brackets

ALL/Anyone with bent engine brackets need to get ahold of Rich by email or phone.

Your parts are under warranty and will be rectified ASAP!

Rich@XcessiveManufacturing.com or 503-504-2147

As with lucas I have had my set for over a year and no issues or off kilter engine.

XM stands by all their products, so don't be hesitant about calling about anything you are concerned with.

1j owners dont know what torque is. ;-)

ive got like 2000 miles on my swap beating the piss out of it daily. my engine doesnt lean side to side. but i will check them later just to make sure.

More weight on that side.

I have replaced the exhaust side twice. Welded in a gusset not a prob since. Rich is a great business owner and takes care of his customers. You can bet he is attempting to fix this as we speak

Rich doesn't need to fix it, just add a gusset.