Sign in to follow this  
Zale

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU................!!!!

I'm so discouraged right now, I don't even want to type out the problem. Basically, car is on dyno, car runs nicely on dyno, car is revved on dyno, car is good at part throttle on dyno. Car gets six lbs of boost on dyno and sounds like it's blowing spark... so, new coilpacks, plugs, and a shit ton of time and money (for the tuner) later, shit still hits boost cut... or something? No matter what rpm, it's boost dependant. I dont even know what else to say about it... Power FC, Borg Warner S300 .91 A/R, 880cc Denso injectors.... Help?

It was falling on it's face at the 6psi mark before? Tried another map sensor?

No, last year it fell on its face at 13. Same sound, same everything so I have no idea why a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, fresh coils, and new plugs would drop that to six? Have not tried another MAP but will be getting one today.

Bigger turbo could explain the drop to 6 if the air-flow from the new turbo compared to the old was that much of a jump. Meaning lbs./min at a given psi being much greater. How did you fix the problem last year?

Would the tune not fix the higher lbs/min flow? Didn't fix it last year. Chalked it up to bad coil packs grounding on the head and left it at that.

Has this problem happened ever since the PFC install? Everything wired properly? Checked every one of your settings on the PFC? Hopefully you get this figured out soon, wanna see your car up and running man.

Guest DuaxMachine

I hear nothing of you ever doing a plug check (damn kids!).

Run it up to the point where it acts up, and simaltaniously shut off the ignition, and push in the clutch (or shove it into neutral if your auto).

Note that I did NOT say close the throttle.

I know that this may be challenging to people who can't walk & chew gum at the same time, or keep a 7M running,

but I have seen even the dorkiest people manage it after attempting it a few times.

When everything stops turning, pull all the plugs, and look at them with a magnifying glass, and tell me what exactly you see.

Better yet, look up on the almighty 'net on how to read plugs........

(in the old days, say 1964 or so, I had to learn this by reading a book, you all should try it some day)

I would bet anything that you are either blowing out the spark (need smaller gap),

or hitting pre-ignition, either because of running lean, or too much advance.

Brand new plugs and coils..... and now the car won't start.... I'm just not happy. :hammer:

Tried different map sensor yet?

^ I will tonight. Didn't have access to one yesterday. Doesn't help that a new one is $600!!!!

PFC is gay and won't let you sub a GM one?

Haven't tried but I think I found the problem. Apparently my car with the optional boost controller kit. No one tried adjusting the boost settings because they were supposed to be on the EVC IV buuuuuuut it seems that it was something stupid and obviously simple. Hopefully I can get back on the dyno tonight. On a side note, I bought new coil packs and they won't start the car, yet the old ones start it just fine. Could that be due to new packs having more resistance or throwing the timing off???

NOk, so I don't have the boost controller version. My gap is .021 and I am still getting blowout. Using bkr7e plugs. I'm fucking pissed.

i kept blowing out BKR7E all the time and switch to NGK 8 racing plugs. Let me know if you want me to get you the code. I would usually foul the BKR7E every round before i switched to the 8 and now with the 8 i can do 3-4 events before having to change them

Umm, a new PFC map sensor is $180. My shop is an authorized Apexi Power Exel shop.

And Zale, you know that if you brought the car to me instead you would probably be driving it right now with 0 issues. It would be tuned properly and I'd have it diagnosed and fixed, all within a day.

i kept blowing out BKR7E all the time and switch to NGK 8 racing plugs. Let me know if you want me to get you the code. I would usually foul the BKR7E every round before i switched to the 8 and now with the 8 i can do 3-4 events before having to change them

Alex Lee has ran the same coils and plugs on his X8 for 2 seasons now, still mint, no misfiring, never has had to change them....

I don't understand how you guys go through plugs so fast..... Your coil boots could be fucked, and you could be arking down the side of the plug, which will eventually ruin the plug. Had that issue on my JZS161, replaced the plugs 3 times, used 2 different set of coilpacks...finally changed the coilpack boots and have never had another spark issue since. And i'm running stock heat range (6) on a car that puts down 500whp daily driven. No need to go to an 8..7's should be good enough with a .8mm gap, 2J's use a 1.1mm gap

Jimmy, I don't have the money for an unobtainium tune and parts. Unfortunately I need to figure out what's wrong on my own, which is balls but will help me pay for school.

This is true, I did assume and I apologize for that but 99% of the time anything attached with the RCTS name is money. Ill text you in a few.