Sign in to follow this  
Guest zOmBiEsTyLe

JZX90 Power Steering problem

Guest zOmBiEsTyLe

Hey guys so as you know i smashed the front of the car, but we rebuilt the whole front end of the car and since i smashed up the old ``S`` shaped cooler so i got an aftermarket power steering cooler in place, it actually looks pretty good and fits good, so we reconnected the 2 lines at the top of the OEM ``s`` shaped cooler through the aftermarket cooler, so the lines that go in front of the AC condenser are reconnected through the cooler.

but because i smashed those lines, i lost all the fluid in the pump and the lines. so all the lines are tight and reconnected and im refilling the reservoir and bleeding the system, but we ran through the process twice and theres still a lot of foaming and pump whine. I know that the foaming and pump whine is normal when the fluid is low and needs to be bled, but my main question is, is it possible that connecting those 2 lines i connected them backwards and have the pressure return in the wrong place? and if it is can someone post a diagram or a picture of how the stock cooler is mounted with the lines please, ive searched around online and can only seem to find the power steering diagram for a 2JZ in a MK4 supra.

thx in advance guys.

Simon

Guest zOmBiEsTyLe

Heres 2 pictures of the power steering cooler setup

the line at the top of the cooler goes from the reservoir side

188278_10150322370330948_507395947_9301452_2841265_n.jpg

and the longer line at the bottom of the rad support goes into the rack on the drivers side

285213_10150322370650948_507395947_9301455_4053787_n.jpg

any help is appreciated.

If the system was dry, it could take a few more times to get all the air out. The cooler looks larger than the stock one, so you have to take that into account too. If you are sure there are no leaks and your rack seals are good, I would keep bleeding the air out.

Make sure you have front wheels off the ground. Turn steering wheel full lock to lock and hold for a few seconds. It will bleed a lot faster this way.