Sign in to follow this  
Guest RoyRogers

The Not so Hydro E-brake

Guest RoyRogers

so a friend of mine had this great idea of modifying my e-brake to work just as well as a hydro without buying a hydro and about $100 cheaper than a hydro......the best part about it is...IT WORKS FUCKING AMAZING!

this is just a prototype as we plan on making a mass produced weld in version for mx83's and eventually mx73 as well.

the price is $150 shipped to anywhere in the states and works amazingly well.

The finished product will be a powder-coated handle and linkage w/ hiem-joints and will come with floor bracket and oem e-brake mechanism bracket both of which will need to be welded.

lmk who wants one... and we will start production from the first order... thanks guys.

SDC10279.jpg

SDC10281.jpg

SDC10284.jpg

SDC10288.jpg

SDC10282.jpg

SDC10283.jpg

SDC10280.jpg

Guest RoyRogers

RHD guys will be exactly the same just on the opposite side and as for the center console i dont have one myself but i am going to get one and figure out what can be done. I wish we had the final product done so everyone could see how nice these are going to be. what should we do for colors??? any feed back would be great. thanks

dont want to sound like a jerk but im gonna be going hydro in my x7 because id rather lock my pads then the x7's ebrake drum.

Mean Idea though, not sure how the x8 ebrake works.

I bought the cnc staging brake last week for about $170 shipped. Probably another $20 to get it all set up if that.

So guessing that if someone buys this and can't weld, it's around the same cost as the hydro. And with the cnc jobber you get to keep the stock handbrake, and probably way less fucking with shit after some hard usage.

Not trying to be an ass, just putting that out there. I'm sure there are some people who would really appreciate a little more detail on how it would work so they could try themselves though.

Guest RoyRogers

$150? Really?

$150 shipped is not that bad at all not to mention most hydro brakes need to be welded in anyways... i figure almost everyone knows someone who can weld and if they don't they should.

When you add that much leverage your going to increase the throw required to lock the rear. My question is how far do you have to pull it?

you barley have to pull it at all... it locks every time w/o fail

I bought the cnc staging brake last week for about $170 shipped. Probably another $20 to get it all set up if that.

So guessing that if someone buys this and can't weld, it's around the same cost as the hydro. And with the cnc jobber you get to keep the stock handbrake, and probably way less fucking with shit after some hard usage.

Not trying to be an ass, just putting that out there. I'm sure there are some people who would really appreciate a little more detail on how it would work so they could try themselves though.

i assume everyone would rather try it themselves but its about trying to have a product that people want to buy to increase performance in their car. the PBM hydro is $220 not shipped and no lines included..the K-Sport hydro is $200 not shipped not including lines... the cool thing about this setup is you don't have to buy lines or tap into your existing brake lines.

$150 is pretty bad when all you're selling is some small metal tubing welded together. That's as much as some hydros where in most cases you get the cylinder, mounting bracket, fittings, and a nice handle that doesn't look like hammered dick. You're also paying for the benefits of a hydro such as more reliable/consistent lock, and no more wear on the cable. IMO, more leverage on the handbrake means the cable will stretch faster.

Guest RoyRogers

if you read the post you would have noticed that the pictures are the prototype.... and what would actually be made will be a lot nicer. thanks for thread bashing... dick. you go fucking make something.

Hey, I honestly think it's a pretty cool idea. There is a whole article in one of my Drift Tengoku that shows all the crazy things jap drivers do to their handle to get more leverage. I would just like to see it priced out (parts, labor, etc...) to justify the $150. I don't usually make things, but I have a friend for that. He's installing my hydro right now.

Guest RoyRogers

thank you for the much friendlier response this time. if we were using the parts in the pictures which is the prototype... i would never dream of asking for $150 however, the parts that will be used and the finish work put into the actual product will be very well worth it. fuck it the next post i make in this thread will be pictures of the finished product so everyone can see what they'll get.