bigtoepfer

1JZ Idle

OK guys FLAME ON.

trippy-gifs-flame-on.gif

Anyway. So some times when I start the car first time in the morning it will idle up from cold start to about 1100rpms. Then slowly back itself down. Then when I get rolling down the road after its warmed up when I get to my first red light it will be idling at about 500 rpms or so. When I get to work appox. 2 miles away. It will be idling at about 500 or 650 rpms. Depending on the cars mood for the day. Not rough per say, just seems low to me. I'll let it sit for about a minute, minute and a half then cut it off and go in to work.

If i get in the car to drive it after its been warmed up before like say after I've gotten gas or something sometimes it will idle about 700rpms or sometimes lower at about 550-600rpms.

After I've been on a long drive for say about 70 miles of 70-80 mph driving approx. 3k-3.2k rpm cruising when I park to let it cool off it will idle at about 900rpms. Altho even here I've seen it idle as low as 600rpms once or twice.

So heres what I'm asking. For the sake of my sanity is this normal? I think I have explained to the best of my ability.

The idle is not sporadic and it doesn't miss. Its always smooth. Sometimes it will idle at about 500rpms when I park and very slowly work its way up to about 650rpms. Sorry i don't have more info. If I had a video camera of some sort I'd take a video but alas I do not sorry. I appreciate your help.

Are your vac lines all hooked up right? Maybe your IACV is sticking? try cleaning it and testing it.

when it's idling like 600 rpms, does it stumble a bit when you tap the throttle or is it ok?

um its ok i believe, I never seem to have a lack of response. Today all day it idles at about 850. What is the normal idle?

this isn't a dumb question. mine has been hunting when warmed up for a few months. its annoying, PFC and 800cc sard inj. ideas?

MAN!!! i had this problem... cound not figure it out to save my fucking life..

This is gonna sound wierd but it went away when i flipped my intercooler to get better air flow.

I had the exact same problem, car was moody would idle at 450 some times, others it would idle around 1k when at stop lights (I had it set for 650)

I tried everything, Adjusting the TPS, making sure it was still in spec, Also cleaned out the IACV, Replaced it. ALl to no avail.. it was weird after i got more flow to my IC that and my ocationally peaking of temp both went away...

Maybe it has something to do with intake temp?

oh well thats just what i did

SHoots

on a side not i set mine to 650 because thats what the toyo manual wants haha. It snaps much quicker around 800rpm idle. But when am i gonna really need it to snap a few miliseconds quicker? haha but tahts just me

When I first start mine up, depending if the weather is nice or not, I have to keep my foot on the pedal to hold it idling or it will die. I do this for about a minute then it will idle around 500 or so. After it's warm it's fine so I'm thinking maybe cold start cause pretty sure it wasn't wired in. Sounds similar to your simptoms.

well, after i redid my intercooler piping with all 2.5" aluminum pipe it didn't really seem to change all that much. I was having problems awhile back with my BOV but thats fixed now. still have the same strange idle from time to time. The only thing I can see is that maybe I need a new intake. Because the filter sits awful close to the heatshield for the turbos.

When I first start mine up, depending if the weather is nice or not, I have to keep my foot on the pedal to hold it idling or it will die. I do this for about a minute then it will idle around 500 or so. After it's warm it's fine so I'm thinking maybe cold start cause pretty sure it wasn't wired in. Sounds similar to your simptoms.

Huh? You mean iacv isn't wired up? Toepfers car starts just fine cold or hot, no manual throttle help needed. Turn the key that's it.

. ideas?

Ask your tuner? Don't people make more whp/wtq than you do with stock twins, ecu, injectors, more boost and safc?

None of that was meant to be antagonistic. Budgets deal sounds completely opposite of yours and jasons car doesn't seem to be making what it should, so starting with the tune or setup parameters seems like a start.

And I know I say this about every fucking issue ever, but check the ecu. Are you still getting the speed signal cel? The sc always had a weird idle, now that I replaced the caps, it's rock solid at all times around 750.

yeah still get the CEL when I'm on the interstate until I turn the car off. When I crank it back up its gone. Never bothered to check it tho.

edit: sometimes I'm so fuckin lazy its ridiculous....

Yeah my bad Kyle, don't think mine is wired up. Is it possible the throttle body is sticking or throttle cable is too tight maybe???

well it turns out im only at 295whp at .80 bar (11.5psi) because my boost gauge was inaccurate. i finally looked at the peak hold boost after doing a pull. also, the last time i had it over there they were screwing around with the rear cam angle sensor. idle set at 900 rpm. I've cleaned out my iacv before, i suppose it wouldn't hurt to clean it out again, but i suspect that this is mostly related to the tune..

Guest THUG

Im having problems with my idle.

I read somewhere else. if you are running a power fc, and the O2 Sensor setting is on, and you aren't running an o2 sensor, like me, it could be the problem. Something about setting is to O2 to open loop