Sign in to follow this  
yokotavia

EFI - 1j boost cut issues stock

alright so i got jzx90 1j in an x8.

i installed a manual boost controller a week ago and it boosts 13psi all day fine. any higher and it hits fuel cut.

BUT last night it rained pretty good, so i went out and drove around like an asshole.

this morning i start it up, seems normal...then i let it warm up. start driving down my street and as soon as my boost gauge reads 0 it spits and sputters until i let off.

doesnt matter what rpm.

has a 2 week old walbro 255 in it....and it ran great the night before at 13psi.

now it will not boost at all. its fine all the way to readline with no load. but as soon as it starts to get into boost it pretty much shuts off

HELP!?

check all the map sensor wiring and the map sensor itself

^^ my map sensor vac hose used to pop off sometimes when i would pound it hard from the back pressure or what ever, it would idle but as soon as you try to drive it be shitty

problem solved. I took out my ecu and removed the covers to check for water damage or leaking capacitors...checked for boost leaks, checked intercooler piping for oil.

nothing bad from any of that...

then i put my ecu back in and start it up. and bam, drives normal. went drifting and everything is back to normal. wtf

i guess i hit fuel cut too many times trying to set my boost...so it went into limp mode? or something

i checked for codes and the CEL just flashed really fast constantly...

but anyways, problem solved!

thats what my only guess was. because i took it out....inspected it...let the car sit with it disconnected for a few minutes and then tried it again and it worked!

Sign in to follow this