shawley

New knuckles on my X90 - tho tie rods hitting LCA now

New knuckles came from Mathieu Berthiaume, and the rest of the parts I needed JZX110 tension rods from Adam at Feast

Compared to the factory ones

fc1aba00.jpg

Have some new Kazama Inner tie rods that I paired up with some IS300 tie rods ends (just needed to cut down the inner tie rods about 5 to 10mm) pic is be fore they were cut

5192ab5c.jpg

Installed

afaa5426.jpg

3a790ed2.jpg

But you can see in the pics the tie rod end hits the sway bar link bolt, and thats where my steering maxes out, we grinded down the bolt a bit, and then it just goes further, and wheel hit tension rod but now we have a 5mm spacer in there and the wheel clears fine. Probably gonna do the same to the other side.

When it's on the ground appears that it doesn't hit the rubber on the tie rod end but the metal on the lower part.

Where does everyone elses car lock out at? and hit to stop turning?

No before photos just after

1add89f2.jpg

f5c5560a.jpg

Nice! I only have Heyman knuckles and they provide plently of lock for me. Just an FYI, I've heard from ShinG, Andy, and Mats that having spacers on the inner tie rods can be detrimental to the steering rack. Those IS300 outers look boss! I think I'll get some for my X90. :D

Yea i'm hoping that my rack doesn't have issues!!!!

But I have a spare X90 parts car that I can grab the rack out of if I need it.

Mats or anyone wanna chime in to the issues you had with your spacers?? After replacing rack did u continue to have issues after???

Guest DuaxMachine

I notice that the IS tie rod ends have a dog leg in them, and if you swapped them side to side, that dog leg will give you more clearance.

Hrm, didn't notice that your tie rods had spacers on them, that means technically you have even more lock than i did... could be why its hitting but IIRC that was my bump stop.

On my x8 with knuckles tie rods and longer LCAs, the tie rod/knuckle hits the LCA pretty square (metal on metal). I boxed the LCAs to be safe.

Felt good, no problems when at full lock. Negative camber helps a lot, I recently went from -4.7 to about -2.5 and you can definitely feel the wheels getting more "stuck" at full lock if you know what I mean.

Oh yeah and no rack spacers. Heard about too many blown racks to try em. I'm happy with the angle I have now

Rack spacers baddd??? Fuck! hopefully no issues?????

Have Edmonton Indy Demo next weekend, we'll see how it works, might be pulling rack out of parts car??

my left inner tie rod was fucked and couldn't get the bolt to un sieze so needed to cut it, u guys would suggest factory ones then eh?

I notice that the IS tie rod ends have a dog leg in them, and if you swapped them side to side, that dog leg will give you more clearance.

^this

This forum needs a fucking like button

If I flip the tie rods from end to end, then the knotch is there for the tension rod bolt but then it still nails the other bolt on the side for the sway bar link

If I flip the tie rods from end to end, then the knotch is there for the tension rod bolt but then it still nails the other bolt on the side for the sway bar link

ahhh.. I see what you are saying..

Guest DuaxMachine

Are you blind? Look at where the tie rod ball joint is hitting.

Well, I am an old fart, you young wipper snapper.

(that's why my first gun of choice is my 12ga riot gun, not my AR10)

Just wait until your 36 years older.........

But one problem would be solved by swapping them side to side.........

And the other problem can be corrected by ditching the stock sway bar end links with heim joints,

and using a BHCS (very low head) to mount them on the bottom with the nut on the other end instead of over by the tie rod.