Guest Fidel Cashflo

Trap Star 1JZ-GTE UCF20 build.

yeah i bet it does... hahah still no jz but :P

the 1jz will be fun when u get a single on it man, my cressida loves its 35r :)

Guest Fidel Cashflo

^ Yeah the guys from Thailand, its wack though, he left it auto. And its for his wife to drive lol. Theres one other 1JZ LS I've seen, also auto. No one does 5 speed swaps on these cars, it's depressing. But ehh whatever, everything is on its way now. Just waiting on parts to put the engine back together, then I need to make some PS Lines. and start cleaning up the lower part of the bay. The bay is completely painted by the way!

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Made the rest of the orders I needed, just waiting for parts to show up. I can't wait to get the motor together and ready to be dropped in.

Bay is completely painted and almost back together, just need to get new AC O-Rings to put the lines/drier/condenser back in the bay.

I took out my chassis harness and re-loomed it all and deleted a few un-needed things.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

As I said in the last post, I sandblasted all the parts, I really couldn’t afford to powdercoat EVERYTHING, I did use some really nice high heat engine enamel. It’s surprisingly sturdy.

sandblastedy0.jpg

intakeplenums.jpg

oilpan.jpg

sandblasted.jpg

fuelraily0.jpg

After everything got coated! My good buddy Marcus at Sharp Customs let me use his sandblaster for all these parts, and also did my powdercoating, everything else was sprayed.

powdercoated.jpg

sandblasted2.jpg

chargepeps.jpg

chargepeps2.jpg

coated.jpg

yuhhhhh.jpg

chyeasandblasted.jpg

I stripped my 1JZ valve covers and got some high heat VHT wrinkle black enamel.

valvecoverspainted.jpg

valvecover.jpg

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Got a whole bunch of rad shit from Driftmotion, like these super sweet valve cover grommets and new washers and bolts.

valvecoverbolts.jpg

Bay is done and painted, looking really good. Wish I would’ve cleared it but who gives a fuck. It’s a drift car. Took everything out of the bay to paint it: Chassis Harness/booster/ac lines/fuse box/fuel lines, all brake lines/abs bs.

baydonezo.jpg

enginebaybooster.jpg

Got this stuff too. Home-made downpipe coming soon. 409 stainless piping and flange.

oemstuffs.jpg

HKSandApexi.jpg

My CNC clutch pedal arrived. It’s pretty sweet.

clutchpedaldawg.jpg

Took it to Amazon Hose Supply co. Had a slave line made and some line to connect to my sweet awesome junkyard remote reservoir.

clutchpedaldone.jpg

Lighting wasn’t good so the pic didn’t come out great but you get the idea. I’ll definitely get some more soon when I get a chance, been real busy.

engine.jpg

I got my bumper support out to fit my enormous intercooler. It doesn’t look like it but I spent quite a few hours to cut it out since it has 4 pieces of aluminum running through it… Whatever it came out proper so I guess its worth it.

chyeaa.jpg

This motor is super clean, its crazy!

oilpickup.jpg

mintengine.jpg

This really isn’t what normal people do, right? I mean my room is filled with a shit load of stuff for my swap that I’ve yet to install.

partsdawg.jpg

Haha painted the wheels on my IS that color a few weeks ago, good shit! Hurry up and get it running!

Guest TeckniX

Looking real good - The motor seems spotless, where did you pick it up? How did you cut the bumper support/re-inforcement, looks actually really clean. If you can I would box it back up, so that it still has some strength.

I don't have a bedroom like that, but my living room is pretty close to it. haha

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Looks good man, I really dig the color. I hope your doing the whole car that color. Sweet progress man.

Naw, too obnoxious of a color for this car. It's going S13 two tone.

Looking real good - The motor seems spotless, where did you pick it up? How did you cut the bumper support/re-inforcement, looks actually really clean. If you can I would box it back up, so that it still has some strength.

I don't have a bedroom like that, but my living room is pretty close to it. haha

I used a cutter wheel, and a hack saw.... I cleaned it up with a few 40 grit flapper discs.

I need to get the car running soon, just got a new job and I've been really busy with that. I don't have a lot of time.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Here it is awaiting its transplant. My buddy’s Supra in the background, such a clean car!

swaptime.jpg

I wanted to drop the motor in to see what the deal was with my motor mount brackets, I want to ensure that the ones I got will work properly. I took the motor off the stand, hoisted it in and the motor sat terrible.

swaptime2.jpg

swaptime3.jpg

Had to pull the motor back out after we dropped it in, it was sitting on the firewall and sitting crooked.

The “Aristo” mounts aren’t even close to working. I ended up using one of the Aristo ones and the other JZX90 one I had. I had to space the JZX90 one out like 40-45mm, so I used washers and longer Grade 10.9 bolts.

swaptime4.jpg

Finally sitting in the car on its own, but it’s still sitting too far back for my liking, I’m going to space it forward about an inch or so. Tranny tunnel is definitely going to need a good bit of massaging to get this big ass tranny to fit right.

firewallssuck.jpg

Another reason why I need to move the motor forward… Sway bar is hitting the crankpulley. I picked up some 11GA sheet metal, so I can make some motor brackets with slotted holes, I want to be able to make it sit where I need it to.

swaybar.jpg

Picked up these really sweet awesome old school HKS gauges. Got water temp, boost, and EGT.

hksgaugespabaa.jpg

Me and my buddy made this sweet shit happen. Crashbarintercooler. It will have an aluminum tow hook welded onto it.

fmicrashbar2.jpg

fmicrashbar.jpg

I got my intercooler piping materials, cut all that shit into pie cuts, left some pieces for straights to connect to bends.

aluminumpiecuts.jpg

aluminumpiecuts2.jpg

Doing the same for the 3” Stainless T-409 exhaust. Pie cuts!

stainlesspies.jpg

I was thinking about doing a single 4” tip, decided that doesn’t look as good as duals.

single4inch.jpg

Dual 4” is definitely happening. I’m really digging it.

dual4inch.jpg

dual4inch2.jpg

I’m going to cut into the rear bumper an inch or two to accommodate for the tips, I don’t want them scraping everywhere….

Clean.

fmicrashbar3.jpg

Pretty cool idea on the integrating the intercooler with the rebar. The only downside i see to that is if u were in some time of front end collision.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Not hating just thinking of how practical it is.... Shouldnt the intercooler be INSIDE the crash bar?

Why's that? The purpose of my crashbar isn't to protect my intercooler, it's to protect my chassis from getting all mangled and shit.

Its a $100 intercooler. If I wreck my car I could care less about it. Its really sturdy the way Ranlet welded it up. I'm sure that it won't be an issue.

Its a $100 intercooler. If I wreck my car I could care less about it. Its really sturdy the way Ranlet welded it up. I'm sure that it won't be an issue.

since u put it that way... :thumbsup:

You seem like a crafty dude, you got a big ass car, I figured you woulda went v-mount

Guest TeckniX

I do like the pie-cuts and mount. Seems like the top rows of the intercooler wouldn't cool as well, since you're blocking air from leaving the intercooler and thus may create a hot spot.

But you'll probably be alright...

Guest Fidel Cashflo

You seem like a crafty dude, you got a big ass car, I figured you woulda went v-mount

I despise V-Mount setups. Plus, I don't really have all that much room in the bay (front to back).

Why's that? The purpose of my crashbar isn't to protect my intercooler, it's to protect my chassis from getting all mangled and shit.

really sturdy is the problem.

you're under the assumption that if there's going to be any kind of damage, its going to be the sort that is the result of an accident that completely obliterates your crash bar.

the way that your intercooler is mounted does not allow any room for it to move at all if encounters ANY force on it.

that means anything that touches it with even a minute level of force is liable to puncture it resulting in boost leaks. its a horrible design based on that alone. if ANYTHING happens to your front end, your intercooler is fucked, and will then force you to cut it out, replace it, yadda yadda. that means a minor tap during tandem runs could mean limping home. a rock from a vehicle in front is more likely to puncture your intercooler, ending your day prematurely.

and there is no immediate fix for boost leaks due to a punctured intercooler.

yeah it's "only a $100 dollar intercooler", that doesn't make the design any less shitty or more preventative. this concept of "rigid is always better" is an amateur engineering mistake.

just food for thought.