Guest Fidel Cashflo

Trap Star 1JZ-GTE UCF20 build.

Use a little fipg in the spots by the front of the cams too.

And I think you'll like that clutch. So far I am really digging pedal feel and engagement.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Sweet well my buddy has some brand new Toyota 7M-GTE valve cover gaskets, so I'll get them off of him this week.

So I was reading about people having problems running a 2JZ water pump on a 1JZ-GTE?

I have the pump and I have the pulley. Is that all I need?

buy the DM pulley set its cheap and comes with pulley for water pump, alt, and ps pump, and then just get a 2jzGTE water pump from toyota. Best Route

err i didnt read that you already have it. yea this it. make sure the figp around the seal!

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Yeah I have a GTE Pulley, but the pump is from a GE? Will it still work or do I need a 2JZ-GTE pump?

Yeah I have a GTE Pulley, but the pump is from a GE? Will it still work or do I need a 2JZ-GTE pump?

you need the rear housing as well as the front pump. if you get these two bits with gaskets its a breeze.

i brought them new from toyota, wasnt too expensive and i know if wont fuck out or leak after 10mins of driving.

2jzge is different as far as im aware.

jzz30 1jzgte or jza80 2jzgte is what your after.

Awesome build sort of makes me want to build one for a day to day car and to tow my POS now i sold my other x81

Guest TeckniX

Updates on this... Should make for one hell of a nice drift car - And you're keeping A/C? ha

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Son, i'm in Florida. Its too dang hot down here to not have A/C in a car. I don't really care about building a "racecar"... I'll slide the car on the street more than anywhere anyways, AC/Heat is essential.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

I still need to make 2 more orders, then go pick up my piping and materials for the shifter extension at ALRO Metals. Then take a measurement for my driveshaft, have that made, and get my buddy over here to help me wire this thing up.

As of now, the engine is all taken apart for coating and cleaning. These twins have NO shaft play and seem to be in good shape, getting a lof of stuff sandblasted and cleaned, powdercoating a few things. Still have to finish shaving the bay and painting it.

Guest TeckniX

Good to hear! Yea a/c is crucial for me - Some people don't understand it until they live in a place that's 100+deg - then it's all worth it.

StreetSlidin.. nice!

Guest Fidel Cashflo

So here’s the last time the engine will look like this. I started disassembling everything to clean the motor and get it ready for new parts and a new look.

1jz1.jpg

God, I can’t wait until I get everything simplified, there’s way too much going on here:

1jz5.jpg

1jz6.jpg

Soo many vacuum lines, t fittings, coolant passages, and fuel lines that run together. I may just cap everything off except for the essentials and see what the dealio is.

Started removing everything that was easily accessible, started throwing everything in sandwich bags and labeling them as I went. Bought some cheap Walmart tackle boxes (big clear ones with a bunch of compartments) started throwing bolts in there and labeling. Oh yeah, organization.

1jz3.jpg

These twins have no shaft play what so ever! I can’t wait to get these bad boys on 12psi. Won’t be too long til it receives MKIV 550’s, a tubular and a HOLSET with some standalone action.

1jz4.jpg

Polished one up with a wire wheel, flossin.

1jz11.jpg

Yeah.. That’s more like it.

1jz9.jpg

The motor is in surprisingly good shape, no major problems that I’ve seen, most of the harness connectors were good aside from one injector and one coilpack. But I’ll be sure to fix those with new OEM clips when I have my buddy convert the harness.

Started filling the holes before I paint the bay, just need to be ground down now.

enginebayshave.jpg

I dropped off my charge pipes, intake mani, pulleys, and valve covers to get powdercoated. And just a last picture to keep your interest up.

ilovegold.jpg

I picked up my 8 feet of 3” 0.065 wall aluminum piping, some 2.5” square tubing to make my shifter extension, and I’m still waiting on my 10 feet of 3” 0.065 wall unpolished stainless for my exhaust.

Still need to make 2 more orders for the rest of my parts (final tidbits from Driftmotion) and my clutch pedal and master from CNC. Then local driveshaft and it’s time for wheelies.

Guest Skitzo

While the motor is out, and if you're plannign to stick with the twins, be a good idea to get a custom dump pipe.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

I'm making a downpipe, but no dump... I'm going big single within a few months

Guest Piner

I know you probably all ready said somewhere in here but what single you going with?

And i feel you on the A/C, Im from florida as well. Having no A/C sucks balls I don't know how I survivied driving my BLACK with BLACK leather interior E36 around for 3 years without it.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

I know you probably all ready said somewhere in here but what single you going with?

And i feel you on the A/C, Im from florida as well. Having no A/C sucks balls I don't know how I survivied driving my BLACK with BLACK leather interior E36 around for 3 years without it.

I'm going to build a hybrid turbo using the CHRA/Exhaust housing/Exhaust wheel from an HY35 (9cm housing aka 0.63AR), and I'm going with an HX40 compressor wheel and housing. Should have fullspool around 3k and be able to make 500whp with moderate boost (18-20psi). I may go meth.

Guest TeckniX

Finally some serious build pics - Keep at it. I like the idea of the HY35 hybrid.

Where did you pick up the material for your shifter extension? I keep trying to find some good metal fab places that sell shit in better sizes than lowes/home depot

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Finally some serious build pics - Keep at it. I like the idea of the HY35 hybrid.

Where did you pick up the material for your shifter extension? I keep trying to find some good metal fab places that sell shit in better sizes than lowes/home depot

I got it from a local metal supply shop, you really need 2x2 1/2" aluminum, thickest wall possible. I just got 2 1/2" square as they didnt make any 2 x 2 1/2", but its whatever I'll make it work. Should have an idea for shifter extension length soon. Probably around 7 inches.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Dang, found a 4.27 ring gear for my differential. Shits gonna ride out.

i do love this build :)

i have one of theese sitting in my yard... its so tempting just to gut my cressida and build it :)

Guest Fidel Cashflo

That's basically what I did, I already had a game plan when I bought it though. After I gutted it there was no going back. The car was super slow before gutting it, after gutting everything.... This thing would roast tires if you punched the gas, its insane. I'm sure the 1UZ with an R154 and a 4.08 rear end would be more than enough fun for this car.