Guest Fidel Cashflo

Trap Star 1JZ-GTE UCF20 build.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

I've really liked the idea of drifting a sedan for a while now, after seeing countless videos from japan of people sliding Chaser's and Aristo's, I kinda decided to take the plunge.

The Goal:

3200lbs

500whp

1jz-gte (Big single, stand alone, the usual)

R154

Complete 5 speed swap

Modified steering knuckles for more steering angle

I sold my 1992 240sx drift car, here's a link to build on Slamburglars, car only saw the track a handful of times, I'm a big fan of street drifting.

Jan2010JDMPartsGarage.jpg

http://slamburglars.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1378

I decided I wanted to use an LS400 as the chassis for my drift build. I chose a Lexus LS400 UCF20 because of its double wishbone design and superior brakes. It only weighs 3650 from factory and there is a fair amount of weigh that can be shed. I looked around craigslist, found this 1996 Lexus LS400 for $1700 just a few miles away in St Pete. The car had been in a front end collision, driver side quarter panel has a dent in it, but this is the best kind of car to start with for a drift build, I would hate to F*** up a nice car! I started parting out my S13, selling just about everything leaving me with basically just the metal that's left of it.

ls400tiemmm.jpg

I picked up the LS, towed it home, the owner said it sounded like the water pump was on its way out, turned out to just be the fan clutch bracket, the bearing was bad. I did the water pump, timing belt, front main seal, caps/rotors/plugs/plug wires, fan clutch bracket, valve cover gaskets, cleaned up everything. I put my HKS filter on (JDM lol).

rebuilduzi.jpg

I traded the MB Battles that were on my S13 for a set of 19x10.5 +15 all around SSR Type C RS wheels. I got some Stickers from SSR, and some SSR Professor center caps, the wheels are currently sitting at the powdercoater's shop. I just need to get some good fitting tires.

IMAG0291.jpg

ssrstickers.jpg

Sold the Bride seat and hub, bought a pair of Sparco Evo2 Plus's! I also picked up an IS300 MOMO hub, I'm probably going to sell it and make a custom extension/hub to sit further back. I installed my Nardi 350mm Leather wheel and Circuit Sports quick release into the car. I also picked up a bunch of Donjer Flocking materials. I'm going to be flocking the front door panels and dash/center console in black suede. I already did the steering column cover, it came out very good! Also picked up a CNC Hydro ebrake used.

NardiandCNC.jpg

SparcoEvos2.jpg

I ordered a pair of fenders from Dallas Auto, paid $250 shipped for a pair of pretty good shape black UCF20 fenders. I got a pair of corner lights, clear bumper lights and some 6000k HID's for the car.

IMAG02682.jpg

I picked up a set of coilovers that a buddy made for his LS (Ranlet). They are some custom Bilstein fronts and Koni rears, with some H & R springs, they ride GREAT and are stiff for sliding. My power steering pump leaks terribly, I need to get that fixed soon. Diff will be welded within a week, I'm going to be doing ABS Delete and hooking up the CNC hydro.

Suspensiontime.jpg

I'll update this with more pics and updates as I get more stuff done.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

I'm basically going for the look of this car but in a Lexus Sedan form. I'm doing Nissan OEM paint, Platinum Ice Metallic Clearcoat ( KG1) and Dark Gray Metallic Clearcoat (463). This is the color that came on early single cam S13 coupes!

etss13.jpg

I'm in the process of trading my SSR's for a 1jz/R154 transmission with the owner of a local shop, but I'm not holding my breath. I have the wheels posted a few forums as well as Ebay, trying to get them sold so I can live the inline 6 life. I got my old MB Battles back from my buddy, they also just got powdercoated the same gloss white. Shit's fresh.

193849_1805870659153_1011494685_32028541_2440934_o.jpg

secondset.jpg

My buddy Ryan and I made a bracket to mount my hydro ebrake to my car.

TIGTIGTIG.jpg

I made a basic diagram for the abs delete and plumbing for the hydraulic handbrake. 3/16" brake hardline and fittings have already been acquired, relatively cheap too, less than $25 in the lines/fittings required to plumb it all. I can't wait for 60+mph handbrake entries!!!

Hydroebrakeinstallandabsdelete.jpg

I got the wheels on, rolled the fenders, car now has a nice stance, and its driveable. I had a fair amount of positive camber in the front and rear, so lowering it helped correct the suspension geometry to an extent. It handle MUCH better, I can take on-ramps at like 70mph with not a screech of tire (Hankook Ventus V12 245/40 all around now).

Disregard the sticker, its a long story. I have removed it since the picture after almost getting jumped at a local gas station haha.

Thathatesme.jpg

Guest Fidel Cashflo

I've recently gone crazy and started gutting the car.

So far I've removed:

Carpet

A Pillar plastics

Lower pillar plastics

Door Sil plastics

B Pillar plastics

C Pillar plastics

Rear seats

Rear seatbelts

Rear deck

OEM Subwoofer

Rear door panels

Spare Tire

Spare Tire cover

Spare Tire cover cover

Cover for the spare tire cover

All of the trunk garbage

guttedtothamax.jpg

guttedtothamaxx.jpg

guttedtothamax2.jpg

I started removing the sound deadening from the floor only so far. I will be doing the Transmission tunnel and rear seat region. The UCF20 didn't come with any sound deadening in the trunk. The car is actually still pretty quiet inside suprisingly, its not bad at all!

sounddeadening2.jpg

sounddeadening.jpg

sounddeadening4.jpg

sounddeadening5.jpg

sounddeadening6.jpg

ooooo interesting. i was toying with the idea of building an LS400 drift car a looong time ago. cant wait to see how this turns out.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Sticker has since been removed, I was almost jumped at a gas station in Clearwater haha. Shit's intense.

Fuuuuuuck that sticker is awesome!!! I wouldve been shot in my block for that hahaha

i like the plan too. that should work out nice. and with the newer face/lights. nice.

why not keep the 1uz in there and just 5spd that and shave the weight..anyway how are you going about mounting the 1j?

Guest Fidel Cashflo

why not keep the 1uz in there and just 5spd that and shave the weight..anyway how are you going about mounting the 1j?

1st generation GS300 mounts swapped right to left and left to right... It drops right in. I do not like V8's. I do not like 210hp, and 220ft lbs of torque.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

1jzgte < 1st gen 1uz haha

btw love the sig! haha

For being JZxproject, you guys hate JZ motors.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

oops i mean for that to be the other way around 1jz > 1uz.

Haha, makes sense.

1st generation GS300 mounts swapped right to left and left to right... It drops right in. I do not like V8's. I do not like 210hp, and 220ft lbs of torque.

true true plus they weigh a ton...how does the transmission fit? does it need a shifter extension?

Guest Fidel Cashflo

true true plus they weigh a ton...how does the transmission fit? does it need a shifter extension?

I have to make a rather long shifter extension. I'm not too worried about it, I have my mig up for sale now, just need to get my funds and man up for a tig.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

I replaced the valve cover on the UZI, on the side that had the misfire, and it still runs like ass, but now leaks oil as well. SO I went back and tightened the bolts again, did the procedure for tightening and when I was tightening the last bolt, CRACK!!. So I called up Ranlet and I brought over my valve cover for him to weld up, he got it all sealed up, now my spark plug tube seals started leaking and my misfire is on 2/4/6/8 rather than just 6 and 8 now.

IMAG0398.jpg

I'm over dealing with this fucking motor and its electrical problems, I just need to get it running alright so I have a vehicle until I can put the JZ in.

I cleaned the bay and stuff.

IMAG0395.jpg

1uzsucks.jpg

What is left of the sticker now:

IMAG0391.jpg

I don't know if anyone has every done it but I put a MK3 supra radiator in my UCF, these cars usually have a remote reservoir and cap that runs to the radiator, I hate that shit and my radiator had a crack so I replaced it with this. Its a lot cleaner looking I think and the upper hose I got for it clears the clutch fan well.

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

Pics of JZ motor coming soon (waiting to go pick it up), and R154 tranny coming soon as well, found one locally for $250! Yay.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Still waiting on JZ. I got this R154 for $150!

Pics of when it arrived: R154.jpg

It was pretty beat looking, I got right to it with a wire wheel!

R1542.jpg

It started looking pretty decent after a few mins of cleaning.

R1543.jpg

R1544.jpg

R1545.jpg

Guest Fidel Cashflo

The prehistoric pressure plate that came with it haha:

prehistoricclutch.jpg

A buddy of mine, who was doing a VH45 into S13 swap recently sold his motor, had an Eaton M90 supercharger laying around, apparently a lot of UZI guys use these things, they?re pretty rad.

supercharger.jpg

I also took some measurements to get an idea for how long of a shifter extension I would need to make. I need it to be about 32 inches in length, it is 25 ? with the 1jz Bellhousing. So I need an extension of about 7 inches. Sweet. I?m sure this is going to be fun.

hey, instead of hacking up that stock shifter, why don't you trade it to me? i have a stock shifter that was shortened by the previous owner and i want a full height stock shifter.... yes??