Sign in to follow this  
Guest TeckniX

1jz vvti throttle body

Guest TeckniX

I started a while ago a 1jz vvti swap from a jzx100 - Back then I didn't realize the difference between the jzx100 and jzx110 and thought the jzx100 would be good enough. I'm now without a lot of dbw/trac functions and would like to remedy this.

I obtained a 2jzgte vvti throttle body thinking this would solve all my issues, but upon close inspection it turns out that the mounting holes are slightly different - The op ones line up, but the bottom ones are too large.

I can probably get a plate welded on and be done with it - but this would also mean removing the upper manifold which isn't a fun job to do.

I was wondering if the jzx110 throttle body was a straight bolt-on for the jzx100? if it is, then does anyone have one for sale :D - Otherwise what are my options? I know that the LS/GS/SC 400/430 will all have the right dbw, but which one will be a straight bolt-on (if that's even possible)?

Otherwise I guess I'll have to live without trac and dbw :\ and figure something out for all of this tps and accel non=sense

Any help is appreciated!

Guest TeckniX

Alternative, is to adapt a non-DBW 1jzgte vvti (jzx100) throttle body to a jzs167, so that the ECU reads tps and trac somewhat properly.

There's a slim chance that it will work, but if I can get TPS to at least work, then I'll be happy.

The wiring on the jzs161 is I believe as follow:

6Upt.png

I've labelled the jzx100 colors, but I'm not sure what color wiring is what - Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

ps: I was trying to get a hold of David S12 and get his jzx110 throttle body and not have to go through the hassle, but that doesn't seem possible...

where's your intro?

What exactly are you trying to swap a jzx100 engine into?

So you're basically worried about cruise control and trac control?

It's probably an IS. And yes the 110 tb will fit. Davids12 on here has one iirc.

Guest TeckniX

aphxero is right - A lot of the IS300 swapped jz vvti end up having an ems - I'd like to keep it simple and keep the stock ecu with a simple piggyback for fuel.

I did try to get in touch with David S12 - I even got him to say he'd send me pictures of the TB and how much he wanted for it. Since then I haven't heard a thing. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

Thanks!

i have an is throttlebody for sale... if thats what your looking for. i didn't really read.

If your car is an auto the stock ecu will not shift the transmission of the jzx100 . Also fly by wire is gay, if you want your car to drive for you why do a swap?

Guest TeckniX

If your car is an auto the stock ecu will not shift the transmission of the jzx100 . Also fly by wire is gay, if you want your car to drive for you why do a swap?

The car isn't auto, but I was trying to prevent check engine lights as much as I could - and thus the attempt at getting all of the stock configuration to stay a-ok.

I'll probably have to rig the sensors and hope for the best.

Guest david s12

shit! haha my bad dude ive been working so much.

im using the twin turbo throttle body with a repinned ecu

ive got the jzx110 MAF, ECU, and throttle body. the only think you might have to do is get different studs and bolts for the t body

IMO fuck all this jzx110 shit. wish i could have found you before i repinned my harness and bought all the extras to make a jzx100

If you wire the check engine light and the speed signal from the abs to the 1jz ecu it should be fine . To check for codes use the engine check conector e1 and te1 and count the flashing check engine light . Mkiv supra tccs codes should be close enuf to work out any and all codes if not google . Good luck!

Guest TeckniX

shit! haha my bad dude ive been working so much.

im using the twin turbo throttle body with a repinned ecu

ive got the jzx110 MAF, ECU, and throttle body. the only think you might have to do is get different studs and bolts for the t body

IMO fuck all this jzx110 shit. wish i could have found you before i repinned my harness and bought all the extras to make a jzx100

Still need the throttle body! haha So get a hold of me, it's worth a shot imho

Guest TeckniX

Still trying to get a hold of David to get this thing handled. That guy is hella busy! haha

Guest david s12

Still trying to get a hold of David to get this thing handled. That guy is hella busy! haha

if youd pay me 50$ i will ship it to you. you just have so many questions about it. and im too lazy to go look back at that stuff. hurts my head. ask aphxero (about my headaches over this)

IDK if i have the studs you can buy bolts anywhere..

i bought this on yahoo jp through 2 guys to get it. my cost was 200$ after double shipping

jzx100 harness. what a fucking relief. its at a friends in japan and is getting shipped to me now. my repinning process never had the 1j running all the way. i suck at wiring

282524_10100473494869338_5707395_56734011_2150510_n.jpg

Guest TeckniX

if youd pay me 50$ i will ship it to you. you just have so many questions about it. and im too lazy to go look back at that stuff. hurts my head. ask aphxero (about my headaches over this)

IDK if i have the studs you can buy bolts anywhere..

i bought this on yahoo jp through 2 guys to get it. my cost was 200$ after double shipping

jzx100 harness. what a fucking relief. its at a friends in japan and is getting shipped to me now. my repinning process never had the 1j running all the way. i suck at wiring

282524_10100473494869338_5707395_56734011_2150510_n.jpg

Killing me dude - I've got the $50 ready to buy it whenever. Just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing. AND... I have a jzx100 harness sitting here, doing nothing but collecting dust, since I didn't use it for my swap.

I did cut a couple of things on it, so your purchase may be better and will prevent any headaches on your end.

So:

1. Send me your number via pm

2. Send me also your paypal email (unless it's your aol one)

3. Ship the throttle to me :)

I enjoy doing the wiring and more than willing to help with it, so let me know. I'll be in DC next weekend if that makes things easier for you.

ps: i don't need the bolts, I'll find a way to bolt it down. Just need to get the throttle body and be done with this damn project. HA

Guest TeckniX

what's a jzs167? :unsure:

yea - good catch. I was looking through a bunch of jzs147 stuff to try and cross-reference what I could and got shit mixed up.

Guest DuaxMachine

where's your intro?

What exactly are you trying to swap a jzx100 engine into?

+1 !!

This had better be going into a Chaser/Cressida.

If it's going into a fucking 240SuckassX, I'm going to ban you.

(don't know from what, but I will)

Guest TeckniX

i thought you imed me saying your not gonna get it?

I asked whether I should or not be buying it - I heard nothing from you? I was trying to get a few pictures of the throttle body to make sure we were talking about the same thing. I'm sure I harassed you enough via AIM to show that I was interested.

PM me you're number and your email - I'll send you the $50 via paypal tonight if you can ship it out tomorrow or wed.

Just let me know.

Guest TeckniX

+1 !!

This had better be going into a Chaser/Cressida.

If it's going into a fucking 240SuckassX, I'm going to ban you.

(don't know from what, but I will)

Currently in an IS300, close as I can get to a late model chaser - I don't do 240s