Sign in to follow this  
kumasan616

stretch marks...

so I test-mounted the wheels and tires today, 17x9 withh a 205/40/17 tire... man talk about stretch!!! next comes bodywork and coilovers to tuck these in...

more stretch marks than yo mama!!!

stretched3.JPG

OG lowrider style... gotta love the hydraulics, baby! orale!

overall1.JPG

frontfitment3.JPG

frontfitment1.JPG

rearfitment1.JPG

man, this is gonna take some serious work...

rearfitment2.JPG

dont worry, its not gonna stay at this height for long... besides the rims are not even going on until I get the fender work and the coilovers in, it was just a test-fit... oh and fast? not really, just taking extra side jobs here and there and looking for MAD baragins when I come across them... just wait until the coilovers get here, minimum drop on them is like 3 inches, and it goes down from there :shock:

I was just testing clearance issues, if any (and there is none, thank god)

how about clearance when theres a coil spring next to the lip of the wheel?

the fronts withh the 17x9 +27 offset clears the strut withh about 20mm of clearance, withh no interference withh the stock spring perch. The rears clear withh a +17mm offset no problem, and would do the same for a +35mm offset as well (I dont see the strut/spring combo in the rear being much of a problem in terms of clearance)

also, lock to lock in the front, withh stock setup, everything so far clears withh at least 20-25mm clearance... we'll see once its lowered if that changes drastically, but I do not see much of a problem there either...

im going to have to say meh..... 9j all teh way around...9j 215/45/17 in teh front 10j 235/40/18 in the rear. the wheels dont match the car at all adn it a sin to post pics of your car that 4x4. yes i am setting here withh a tall frosty glass of "hatorade" Angryslides got teh right idea when it comes to wheel fitment...and style

im going to have to say meh..... 9j all teh way around...9j 215/45/17 in teh front 10j 235/40/18 in the rear. the wheels dont match the car at all adn it a sin to post pics of your car that 4x4. yes i am setting here withh a tall frosty glass of "hatorade" Angryslides got teh right idea when it comes to wheel fitment...and style
i like the wheel style and staggerd sizing is over rated. the scretch is a bit much though and the wheels aren't bad for 135 a wheel. but they probably would look a little better on something like a STi or something.

I got an Idea, my cars lowered. Bring them over and try them out on my car.

dont worry, it will sit nice and flush when its all said and done...

here's some of the inspiration (besides the cheap price for new wheels withh the right offset):

**jdmtytefanboicorolla**ondubs (pretty much the same to what I am running):

663468_107_full.jpg

jzx81 (its a mark II withh 17x9 +17):

mkii011.jpg

the 205/40s on mine were the wrong size tire IMHO, but what was available to me on the CHEAP (read like 30 each) and the stretch is insane...

you know what, just for a day, I'm gonna run them at STOCK 4x4, OG chunti-style lowrider ride height, then take pics at my favorite east- LA tortilleria... this will be me this coming sunday, esse, vatos locos forever!

blood-in-blood-out-04.jpg

the 205/40s on mine were the wrong size tire IMHO, but what was available to me on the CHEAP (read like 30 each) and the stretch is insane...
how the hell did you get tires at 30 dollars each???

...yeah I was thinking about those for a while, but the problem is I know like 984857668950495867 zillion guys around here who run that style on everything from VW microbuses to 80's Ford LTDs... I guess I just wanted something everyone else isnt using and because I couldnt afford the AVS model 5s yet...[/i]

Yep, looks like mine. Sweet stretch man, but I think thats a bit to extreme, the sidewalls look all mangled, but hey, for the price, I say go for it. Can you order those wheels in different offsets? I may pick up a pair for the Vulva, use some adapters, and run them as street wheels.

rearfitment2.JPG

829c4eb5.jpg[/img]

I like the stretch for now, its kind of a throwback to the old school... no worries, I'll get some 215/45s on there once these get fried up... oh and yes they come in a lot of different offsets from discounttire.com (sometimes their site doesnt show what they have in stock, so call a store to find out whats available)