Bill

Cressssssssta. Just the tip.

My camera is down with battery blues, stupid fujifilm needs the charger, can't be charged with the usb.

I really REALLY love these bronze exsols. Pics will be up soon enough.

Drove the car around yesterday. Warmed it up, cruised around for like 15 minutes, everything was good then I beat on it a bit to feel it out.

All stock, was seeing 12psi average.

17psi boost spike at low speed WOT.

power feels meh. even when it boost spikes.

Might be a timing thing, or maybe the gas is old.

Car is a big rickety jumpy pile of nerves to drive on a bumpy road, feels like a deathtrap and doesn't idle, it dies whenever I stop.

Needs to idle all the time, alignment, front swaybar to match the rear. then I'll probably be happier.

At least I can drive it home to where I live and work out the kinks there. I just needed to get the car rolling to get it out of the garage my dad is selling.

Did you leave the bov vsv wired in?

always good to see progress on your build bill, keep the pics coming!

yes, I wired in the VSV. if the motor should sound like it has a BOV if it's working then yes, it's making that sound. strange VSV thing.

I just remember my TT motor feeling good, romping into boost was like opening up a jet engine, this feels like it's N/A or something and doesn't really push me in the seat. like it's not making more then 200hp. feels like the timing belt is off a tooth or something but I took the time to do that right, I can't figure out if it's slow or I'm used to the power.

Unplug the vsv to the bov and see if it makes a difference. I have always thought it was a part of trac control. My understanding is that it bleeds off a little boost around peak tq to reduce spin. The bov should work fine manually. As far as how it feels, couldn't tell ya because I went right to holset. For sure though, after having the same setup in vvti and non, the vvti feels nastier

I watched some youtube vids of cars running stockish VVTi and I come to the conclusion something must be wrong. All the cars in those vids look and sound decent. Mine is just close but not there.

I'll try that out with the VSV but the boost is holding 12psi under power, not like it's blowing off pressure.

I'm also curious about the timing. the car feels hesitant off idle too, but just not enough to really worry me, but I think it should be crisp off idle throttle cracking. Maybe it is off a tooth.

I still don't know why I like them, they're just different to my liking.

Damn, those fucking wheels! Those meaty ass fucking tires!!!!!!!

Timing advance is working, timing seems fine with a strobe on it, and the car started up nice and sounded ok, even with tons of rainwater in the spark valley.

I'm going to try new gas and if that doesn't do it, I'm trying unplugging the VSV wire.

Guest Tbone

This new wheel set up is on tiger blood.Looks deadly.Car is looking really goodcharlie_sheen_tiger_blood.jpg

If you mean the konig deceptionzzz, I'm on the fence about them since I saw the "made in malaysia" casting.

these bronze exsols need better tires and more low.

Got the ARK MFD2 skin to work on the MFD, I like it. the digital dual can be set up like an F40 competition dash with two bars, tach and boost hahaha.

mfd2-left-2.png

I just gave it another shot at uploading it and it worked, when I tried it on yours it freaked out the screen so I never tried it again, but it worked this time.

file: immfd2-std0701 was what I used from the Ark-Design japan server. At least try it if you have a WinXP pc and the USB drivers install ok, it should work if you haven't tried it yet.

I did like the black MFD1 skin too (the one on yours when I shipped it), but this one I'm going to try for a while, it's slick.

Guest Mitto

Those Konig deceptions are fucking fire man!

Exsols are a nice color but the aggressive look of the konigs do it for me.

If the shipping wasn't a killer I'd ask to take them off your hands lol

Yeah, the Konigs look ok, but I sold my S9 aero to THUG, and I like wide 17" wheels with no aero. Maybe when I get S9 Type II aero I'll run them again if nobody buys them.

Cars finally coming together? That mdf is pretty sick. makes me want to get one. Think it can be hacked to work with zeitronixs or emanage sensors?

MFD works on standard pressure/temp sensors on most jdm gauges. it has a stupid 0-1v AF too but meh.. it's jsut there becasue it was easy to add i guess.

So I bought Richard celicadrifter's new-in-box PowerFC and new commander.

and I just ordered FC Logit, and the couplers I need to build a decent intake, I don't even have one right now, I was borrowing one off the spare VVTi I sold to a kid that has only made a $400 deposit on it.

Brian just needs to hook me up with his map and I'm ready to troll the neighborhood.

trying new gas in the car in the morning. crossed fingers.. that has to be the problem everything else checks out and I know the gas is ancient.

Datalogit FTW! I need maf frequency logs from a car with a stockish intake under all driving conditions. Yes?