Cyrious

Midnight Battle Station

Don't all drift cars?

nah, most american (non proam/fd/"pro") drift cars dont. they get a scratch and the world ends. most go to parking lot events, shred tires and call it a career. then they part it out or take a photo of them doing a j turn at a corner, post pics then part it out.

For fuck sakes. Haven't posted in a long time because of this photobucket bullshit, and i'm too busy working on my car to deal with it. I cant see any of mine or anyone else's pictures. Are people actually paying the $400 annual fee or is there a different hosting service they are using??

Since I had a paid account (like $20/year), they gave me until October to pay ransom.

PhotoBucket can go fuck themselves.....

Lots of thread around about other picture hosting people, including here somewhere.

I've even posted on Craig's list to host pictures, but they don't stay up forever.

how is photobucket even remotely an issue? theres been image hosters for a long time. and really, its a FREE site, and nothings free.

also, just keep a record on your computer and if you re post something just edit it down because most of the time life is bullshit

photobucket is an issue because its been around so long that ppl who use it havent had to seek acceptable alternatives, and moving 10+ years of photos to a new host then replacing image links is super tedious

Well considering many other forums allow photo hosting, jzxp is just a cheap ass.

Yea... I don't know any forums that still host... been using imgur to host my stuff for years now.

not complaining, but forums that did host user images it was a pain in the ass to use.

there are a ton of options out there, just want to have a 10+ year build thread (thats how long it takes me to do anything) without having to change hosts and edit the topic multiple times to fix broken image links.

cant really put your money on a free host to be around that long without getting bought, going under or changing their business model.

just want to have a 10+ year build thread (thats how long it takes me to do anything)

Great, that means I stil have 3 years to go.....

It's ridiculous, because the vast majority of people used photobucket. There will be a great deal of really useful information compromised because of this ridiculous cash grab. I'd pay something reasonable like $10-20/mth for hosting or member account. How do you go from free to $400? I guess if you are like a photographer or someone who needs web hosting, you'd basically have a gun to your head.

Ok so I got imgur. So here's what I got done this summer.

N76UCPd.jpg

40HNwIg.jpg

CRZdu9Y.jpg

Got sick of coil bind and other bs, so contacted s9, guess my coilovers were the first series that didnt have torrington upper hats. So they sent me some in the mail, problem solved.
3vX5YL7.jpg

Rebuilt my hy35 and polished the compressor housing.

6ZJVnfe.jpg

Got gx81 front lights and grill, and they were packed by a mongoloid. He reimbursed me so i ordered replacements.

FlhKABI.jpg

Found some shit as crimps from the dude I paid to build my conversion harness when I was 20. (back before I knew what I was doing. Seems that all my gremlins where a shotty crimp at the map wire and a dead open crimp on the rear cam sensor. So I cleaned up the harness, no more codes.

Ew6q83o.jpg
3X6a6BD.jpg
Took some pictures before doing some midnight sessions.
6RlY15C.jpg

FbioQS2.jpg

dzCDCZv.jpg

XA9JfFn.jpg

Did a compression test on the 1jz and found 100psi dry 120 psi wet. Probably washed my cylinders down when the map wire was cutting out and cooked the rings.
So I started building this 2jzgte block I had laying around. Decked .004, honed and hot tanked.

ZMWkiIK.jpg

3Zk43ok.jpg

Painted her golden... because that's how shes going to run.

Stock oil pump ports

dpYoZGq.jpg

7ougk9j.jpg

Touched up the ports, smoothed out the casting lines to remove those restrictions. Started gapping rings and cleaning up the pistons. The crank and bearings were mint but I ordered ACL bearings, frost plugs, o-rings just cause.aA71kFc.jpg

interesting to note those stance coils. i have gen 1 s9/stance coils as well as the newest ones on the supra back in 2014, both had terrible spring bind. i looked up some needle bearings and put those in both cars and it went away. ironically enough, stance JUST started offering the needle bearings right after i did mine.

even the locals with s13s have this same issue.

in my case i did preload correct, seat the spring and then snug up to keep firm. iunno what shit tops they were running but they had a real bad run of them on s13s, 5 known cases locally and my own. im sure many didnt notice or care because they dont know any different.

Are you speaking of the needle bearing spring seats?

yep. the old stance coils didn't have bearings in them for spring rotation. just the pillowball at the top hat which didn't rotate the spring and would bind up when loaded. the needle bearing spring seat really helped my s13 with stances ~10-12 years ago.

Yes, if you tried overtightening the top nut the coil would turn with the assembly and bind, to loose and the spherical bearing would clunk. So I wanted to get to the bottom of it. S9 remedied the situation asap. My guess is stance didnt anticipate people using them for daily driving when they first came out so they didnt put torrington (needle) bearings in the top hat. Maybe because theyre wear and tear.. No clue. All i know is my front end is 100% remedied. Im sure if someone wasnt in a warranty situation they could easily size a needle bearing for their top hat to make their own assembly as battleaxe did.

i did the needle bearings that sit on the bottom of the spring, not the top hat. top hat is still whatever bullshit these use. im not too keen on the coilovers and all their dumb problems.

i have a photo in my build thread on the supra when i took the coils apart and put the bearings in. theyre ID and OD of the spring and i put them on the bottom and then snugged up the spring so it was seated

ls823U0.jpg

O65HLl7.jpg

as far as i remember, my tanabes in the s13 dont have a needle bearing top hat either, its just spherical and has not once caused me any issue in the 10+yrs ive had them, even with all my neglect

Nice work. Can any holset guys chime in? A friend wants to trade me my hy35 for his hx35. I really like the hy35 for the 1jz because it has a smaller hot side.. But since I'm going 2j bottom end.. Anyone running one on a 3.0 bottom end? If so when does it spool up by? I'm planning on making 500whp only and want fast spool. Should I just keep the hy? Basically what I'm asking is which turbo is better for 1jz and 2jz. My guess is the hy35 would spool up super fast (2-3000rpm) and max out at 500hp on a 3.0 bottom end.

HX35 8-blade:
A/R- 0.89
Compressor inducer- 56mm
Compressor exducer- 83mm
Compressor trim- 46
Turbine inducer- 69.5mm
Turbine exducer- 60mm
Turbine trim- 75

HX35 7-blade: (His)
A/R- 0.89
Compressor inducer- 56mm
Compressor exducer- 76mm
Compressor trim- 54
Turbine inducer- 69.5mm
Turbine exducer- 60mm
Turbine trim- 75

HY35: (mine)
A/R- 0.65
Compressor inducer- 56mm
Compressor exducer- 76mm
Compressor trim- 54
Turbine inducer- 65mm
Turbine exducer- 58mm
Turbine trim- 80

HE351:
A/R- 0.65
Compressor inducer- 60mm
Compressor exducer- 84.582mm
Compressor trim- 54
Turbine inducer- 65mm
Turbine exducer- 58mm
Turbine trim- 80

your basically comparing journal bearing versions of a 3071R and a 3076R based on the "mine/his" labeled specs. I don't think you will go wrong with the larger one on a 3.0

Now shimmie is a turbocharger expert !

hx35 is going to hit you like a freight train at around 3kish and choke out around 5.5K... from my experience with 2jzge... couldn't gauge power numbers cuz the tuner was a piece of shit.