Cyrious

Midnight Battle Station

good to see you back, and back on the road. Some 40 side walls would look good imo.

Yo. Glad everything's working out. Those look a little less perky and a little more sag and drag. Need more evidence.

Fucking sounds awesome man!!! Do you have a line lock in that fucking thing? You running a welded diff? Regardless I love it.

Nope just the deluxe canadan package stock lsd. No line lock, just a brake torque. I have an ma70 lsd I want to do a wier kit in. Ill save that for when I overhaul the rear subframe though.

Bought a fairly mint daily. Also installed jzx81 chrome door handles on my x8.
13255917_10156938271320481_3914790841079

13244609_10156938271680481_2734495007357

I bought the car out of province so it had to go through a first time inspection in order to be insured. Everything passed except for the alignment as it was out about a full degree of camber on front and rear, due to the previous owner torching the springs. I got it pass by putting less saggy springs in the rear and correcting the camber in the front by slotting the control arm mounting point, obviously had to put in larger washers to cover up the slots and also remove a shim on tension rods to adjust camber. Fuck yeah.. now my vehicle is officially "safe." Im going to chariot this Saloon out to Vancouver in two weeks.

13245427_10156938271585481_1044083910244

13239887_10156938271445481_2392463682213

Test fit some xxr 15x8's , on my ex's mx32. Currently i'm building a 7m-ge for it as i got it for cheap, yeah yeah... 7m junk,but w.e. its 100% better than the carbed 4m that was in there. Gonna keep it a340e as she wants it to be a cruiser.
13244872_10156938271215481_3832659693424

I finally manned up and bought a proper tool box for work. (gm tech)

13263898_10156938271275481_6551413186983

As for the mx83 I finally got the safc hooked up, and due to it being hooked up, I made some very obscure discoveries. Tps voltage was stuck at 3.84v regardless of throttle position. The car seemed to run completely fine like this the entire time I had been driving it. I sprayed some contact cleaner into the tps and worked it back and forth until it was loose, now it reads .8 at 0% throttle and goes up to 4.6v if i remember correctly. Now the car runs like shit and is bogging without boost. Before all of this happened my map signal was completely cut and car started blowing rank fumes, not sure why maybe its intermittently failing. Ever since then my wide band seems like it hasn't been reading accurately at all. Its pinned full lean when i know the car is running pig rich, not sure if the gas/fumes fucked up the sensor..I noticed that my map is at about 1.2v and rises to about 3.5ish (if memory serves correct) at 14 lbs boost right in the sweet spot that my ecm seems to not cut fuel. It seems to me like these are normal map readings and if so why am i bogging before spool up? I also really hope im not actually driving the car as lean as my aem is displaying (even though im babying it), smells rich as fuck to me. Seems like it would be the tps, but im really scratching my head because it sweeps fine and readings are all normal. Maybe my safc is fucked.. or maybe i actually am running lean on stock 380 injectors and wide open exhaust with big turbo, and the reason it ran fine with the stuck tpm is because it was dumping more fuel?

Would really like to get this shit figured out so I can slap these 550's in.

jzxp mini meet in vancity? Did I read that correctly?

That could happen, shoot me a pm. I'm going to see At the Drive-In and will be there for those two weeks.

Of course Van JZXP hangs occur while both my x's are off the road, seems about my luck.

Snapped a few pictures of old blue while taking a rest stop in the rocky mountains. Hard parked at a few camp sites with my minimalist camping setup packed nicely into the trunk while people fucked around with their rv's and kids and junk everywhere. It was nice to just throw the tent in the trunk and drive away. Put some 15x8's on and put the suspension back to stock before i left. Forgot(/ran out of time) to realign toe and scrubbed my tires the entire trip. Down to belt right before i got home.

13467730_10157210582580724_1940691266_o_
13509406_10157210582540724_800525763_o_z

Ate at a few really awesome ramen places, one of them was built into the skytrain station. Visited some friends.. partied pretty hard one night. Right when we got to van my trunk lock fucking jammed solid with a packed car. I had to rip out the back seat and climb in through that tiny hole and fucking shimmy the lock open, it was brutal. Got the lock fixed since i've been back. Now i'm broke. Had to decide to take the lady on a nice trip or flush $3g down the toilet on car parts.

13435500_10157044819215481_9164991489167

So Ive got new seats, as well as xm seat brackets and new clutch master setup coming, time to replace the old supra junk pos pedal setup. (For thex8) Going to the bone yard tomorrow for sante fe coils and tacoma tps, hopefully going to get to the bottom of my engine drivability issue, once that's done, going to drop these five fitties in and start making shit happen.

Anyways, I have this bud who I was bugging to post on here but he said hes to lazy, so I figured I'de throw up some pics. He swapped a beams in and got it running and driving in literally a weekend of him and a friend scrambling. I think the fab work he did before hand is pretty legit. Perhaps I should start up a savings account for when the part out happens :) . Was thinking about doing a 5.3/4l60 though.. pipe dreams.. I've already ruined my life once, might as well ruin the rest of it. By that time i'll be Gordo's age.

13073167_10207078748190749_857980634_o_z
12349637_10206096121625699_1635305146_o_

12788714_10206630051053601_170399455_o_z

Cool pics man!! Sounds like a good time.

Tell your friend to sign up on the site so we can tear him a new assholoe lol.

Motherefucker I can't believe you came down to van and never hooked up with me to blaze or have a beer at the number 5!

weird. so this guy has the beams, whats his face had the sr20 wagon and didnt toycoma also run an sr in his x8?

4 cylinder x chassis lol

He was rocking the 5m-w56 combo didn't take long to blow that up, and I think he just had the beams lying around.

T-bone, you shoulda pm'd me, whoremouth was gonna but was having car issues. Got super slammed at the loose moose one night.

i actually like the idea of a beams in the x7 seems like a perfect fit

How in the fuck you figure? Nothing about it seems right

did he just cut the frame off for no reason or was it rotten that he made a whole new front end?

He bought 2 mx73's for next to nothing, the white one had a fucked up front end, hence the tube frame, and the blue one was rusted out I think so he used the front fenders etc. Someone hit his rear door at an event. Something tells me that car is going to have a hard life.

Something tells me that car is going to have a hard life.

Don't all drift cars?

id rather see a car fucked together and smashed into a wall than priced 10x its actual value on craigslist until the seller loses patience and scraps it.

And so do 1.2 billion other cars around the fucking planet.....

What's your point ?

The point is.. he has fun.

Some people's idea of fun is building a dyno queen, or a stance nation " if I hit one pothole im fucked" car. Some people get off on re engineering ancient technology such as the 7m... and some people just mega squirt all over the place.

The most important thing, is that you had fun and made a few stories to tell, and didn't go far into debt, insanity or kill yourself. Just my two cents for the day.

and some people just mega squirt all over the place.

Hahaha.......

Like when they are peaking through the door when their mother is taking a bath.