peptoslide

Steering - I want to go backwards

We have finished testing them (6 months DD and track) and they will be released to the public shortly. Fully adjustable with custom tension rod, it will be sold as a kit. That's all I can say for now until they go public.

How much longer then stock are they? and what offset wheels you running in the picture? and no chassis rubbing?

I am running 1 3/4" wider than stock but they go wider. My wheels are 17x8 +15, team burst spec-ish. They allow for good clearance and angle with plenty of front grip for reverse entries.

Thanks mitch. Offset is poo :P but LCA length is about same as mine at full extension. hope to hear back from my guy in regards to my new tie rod ends if that all goes well i will have pictures shortly of lock

XM knuckles (regular type), XM extensions, XM tension rods, MX73 rack.

Just your average front end setup anyone can do. Feels great!

superdriftcomp-148.jpg

Inner tie rod lengths. All have rack end thread of M14 x 1.5

X7:

Total length: 9.69"

X8:

Total length:11.18"

JZA80

Total length: 11.89"

'92 Corolla:

Total length: 12.91"

Guest Gaijin Smash Wayhoff

Mark, how much front camber are you running in that pic?

Thanks keith! btw did you ever get that fitting?

So more on the alignment and stuff

Wheels are 18x9 +15 with 225/40/18 feddys

-4 camber, 6.5 caster, 0 toe

LCA are +15mm on each side.

Guest swim

Inner tie rod lengths. All have rack end thread of M14 x 1.5

X7:

Total length: 9.69"

X8:

Total length:11.18"

JZA80

Total length: 11.89"

'92 Corolla:

Total length: 12.91"

the moog site is wrong, JZA80 inners aren't actually that long.

And X7 Rack it self vs x81 PPS rack the X7 rack was 30MM smaller

And that list shows X7 inner rod as smaller does that mean only the X7 tie rod end is longer then X8 as i remember reading the X7 rack was longer overall?

Aphxero Thanks for that info. your running same specs as myself wheel wise be good to see what my cut and shut knuckles get me.

The X7 rack has a longer center section and a shorter housing.

Guest swim

I wonder if the x7 rack gives you more angle before overcentering...

edit: nevermind I'm a retard. doesn't matter because overcentering happens before max travel on either rack. need tension rods to fix overcentering.

Unless you're emotionally attached to your front ARB (I don't run front or rear), y'all should just slap on some S13 FLCA, buy TC rod brackets off some kid for $20, weld them on to your tension rod brackets and add a couple angle iron support pieces, buy cheap adjustable S13 tension rods.....and be done with it. Cheap. Clearance for angle. Everyone has spares at the track. And oh yeah, cheap. Weld on some spherical ends if you're feeling like it, but get real...who here is building an FD chassis. I have less than $200 into the rods, brackets, & FLCAs.

I put mine through the paces, slammed it into some rumblestrips, off course'd it, etc. Held together just fine. Front end feels better than it ever has.

That's my rambling for tonight.

Unless you're emotionally attached to your front ARB (I don't run front or rear), y'all should just slap on some S13 FLCA, buy TC rod brackets off some kid for $20, weld them on to your tension rod brackets and add a couple angle iron support pieces, buy cheap adjustable S13 tension rods.....and be done with it. Cheap. Clearance for angle. Everyone has spares at the track. And oh yeah, cheap. Weld on some spherical ends if you're feeling like it, but get real...who here is building an FD chassis. I have less than $200 into the rods, brackets, & FLCAs.

I put mine through the paces, slammed it into some rumblestrips, off course'd it, etc. Held together just fine. Front end feels better than it ever has.

That's my rambling for tonight.

I just want to underscore this.

My car feels so damn good now with the wider front track, solid TC rods and added angle. Night & day, really didn't think the difference would be that staggering compared to where it was already at.

If any of you are on the fence, do it.

Have you seen an S13? That's what my front end looks like. ha.

The tension rod bracket side is the only thing "custom." And I'd be half embarrassed to show that, it looks pretty crappy but it's strong and it works. No pics really, just cut down the S13 piece and welded it right onto the X8 bracket. Braced a couple sides of it, drilled holes to be able to slide the bolt in/out, done. Took some rough measurements to try and get them close to the same on both sides but wasn't horribly concerned. The rods are adjustable, dial in the precision there.

Guest swim

anyone relocated their rack forward? right now that's what's holding me back. with the wheels pulled forward in the well far enough to not rub at lock, the rack overcenters badly, but with the caster set to a point where it doesn't overcenter, the wheels are impossibly far back in the well. x7 rack moved forward as much as possible would be money, I feel. otherwise you've got no chance at getting reverse entry steering angle.