peptoslide

Steering - I want to go backwards

my rack is moved forward. It helps. i also think Galen has some rack spacers that move his tie rods forward.

8.jpg

Cut shut knuckles/25MM longer LCA and shit to match....

New setup will be Custom XM arms and shit to match.

MX62 - LCA length = 360mm

S13 - LCA length = 350mm

Bit of info there for people who go s13 LCA. been told S13 gear will work with X6 LCA to.

Guest Matt Cappellaro

I have an X81 myself and have been chasing the lock since I've built it this past year.

The most recent setup I had was 25mm/1" extended FLCA, 0 Akerman arms/knuckles and custom extended tierods. I tried JZA80/JZZ30/JZS147 tie rods but they were a bit too long and had a funny kink in them.

I knew I could get more lock out of the car. I've cut my inner guard out and spaced my wheel 15mm (17x8 +28 with now 15mm spacer)

Still, was not enough, and I knew x7 rack would achieve more from reading here, other places and being told by Aussie in SA.

Now this weekend installed the x7 rack and hit problems with the inner/outer tie rod lengths.

Thanks to you guys, you had the solution.

Purchased myself Kazama out tie rods jzx90/100/s14 etc and some AE92 FWD Power Steering Inner Toe Rod / Rack ends.

They work perfect! and the rose-joint on the outer also gives more clearance/lock to the lca.

Will find out how it goes this weekend at our local state round, and then the weekend after when the national round comes to our city.

Here is a pic of the most recent setup a few weeks ago.

253145_504867016192973_885063817_n.jpg

This was just off the limit.

Guest Mitto

Ok so after reading through this I "think" I have the setup I want to run.

X7 rack w/ X8 inners

XM long tie rod adapters

XM Standard knuckles

XM NCRCA

S13 FLCA

S13 Adj tension rods

S13 tension rod brackets welded in.

From the info here this seems like a good setup.

Only thing I'm not 100% on is the X8 inners...

Input?

Guest Adamm

Mitto, I'm running x7 rack with s13 lca and ev257 inners fits PERFECTLY with x8 outers. Just try a few out and see what fits, x8 inner were just too short when I tried them.

Guest Mitto

but if I'm using the extended tie rod ends would that not make up for the shortness of the inner's?

Guest Adamm

Yeah, I'm just dumb and misread. Also didn't want to run those, figured one piece would be strong and if they were too long I could just trim them.

Found a cool place to stick my GoPro during this last event.

XM everything and an X7 rack. Im using a steering stop to keep my 17x8 +32 rim from hitting the tie rod spacer I made from hex bar.

I need to get better rims and redo my tie rods and Im pretty sure I could run out of rack.

Guest DevinV

very cool. keep an eye on that brake line at full lock. I dont know if its the camera angle but it looks like your really close to hitting it.

Guest Mitto

Amazing amount of lock! X2 on brake line, pretty sure tyre was hitting at full lock...

Also when did you swap in the hayabusa engine?

Dont think its hitting, but I will have to poke my head under and check.

Either way moving it couldnt hurt.

busa had been in for a couple events. Great torque! :wub:

this is what I think of when you say "giant blower"

4y992sm_detail_detail.jpg

The numbers are lower than I would like right now but on the dyno it put out 356hp/374tq. However I have 300+tq just off idle and it pulls all the way through.

I think the headers are holding things back since right now its just a modified stock manifold. I plan on making honest headers for it this winter.

Guest swim

I hear running rack spacers blows up x8 racks... x7 probably does the same shit but you should totally try it then post results.