driftaholic

The new x83 track car

more of frame capping and cutting carnage. fuck yes.

that's going to smush like a champ. beer.gif more now!

Don't really have any major updates. Just a teaser photo showing how much we've cut out. Things will start going in now instead of being chopped out.

2011-06-08%25252019.44.38.jpg

didnt answer my sway bar question

Not sure but I including the tank its gotta be over 200. Final weight will be scaled goal was to be below 3000 so we can use .95 wall cage tubing. Last cress was 3100 with cage in

doing anything to balance the weight out? or you cutting just as much out of the front? MORE PICS!

Nope. The reason for ditching stuff in the back is to reduce the inertia the rear end caries when swinging side to side. It will make it possible to do some gnarly switchbacks to full lock. The other reason is to build a structure capable of riding the wall without being bent, the stock rear sheet metal is pretty flimsy when you like to tap the wall. 50/50% weight balance is overrated for drifting. In fact I prefer the car to rotate around a point closer to the front. Plus I can set my balance in handling with the suspension and tires.

No more fucking around. Gotta bring a Cressida up to FD's level of chassis design for once. But I'll never do a LSx :lol:

i should do that. my front under all the fender and hood is pure mangle. you gonna tie the cage into the whole support?

Oh boy it was a long weekend. Got the firewall tacked into place. Rear hoop bent and tacked, and downward supports bent and fitted. Still have a rear jacking point, fuel cell mount, and bash bar to make... oh yeah and a whole cage!

I'll let the pictures speak for them selves.

2011-06-11%25252021.39.14.jpg

2011-06-11%25252021.35.47.jpg

2011-06-11%25252021.35.21.jpg

2011-06-11%25252021.16.49.jpg

2011-06-11%25252021.17.02.jpg

2011-06-11%25252021.17.09.jpg

2011-06-10%25252022.55.36.jpg

2011-06-10%25252022.55.19.jpg

Yup looks like a formula d build

Rad build. I can't wait till you do the front. Are going to be building rear widebody fiberglass shit like the formula d guys use in the front? So if you small the wall you just put on a new cap that covers the quarters, bumper, etc...?

looks like it can take some sweet jumps. more of this.

Rad build. I can't wait till you do the front. Are going to be building rear widebody fiberglass shit like the formula d guys use in the front? So if you small the wall you just put on a new cap that covers the quarters, bumper, etc...?

Nope building the rear end to protect the factory steel. I still want to get into fabricating a proper wide body and reproducing it but it wont be happening any time soon, I'm leaving the front stock because of the rules you can pretty much only do tubs and a core support/bash bar. tension rods mount way to far forward to do any major rebuilding. Once the front takes a good hit it will get tubed, but there really isn't any benefit from doing it now.

It's been super slow going, but the things that are happening are coming out better then I had imagined. I'm still waiting on tons of parts. Coils, Aero, Sub frame and Diff bushings, Knuckles, Tension Rods. And tons more to order too!

Check out the preliminary cage fitment:

2011-07-16%25252018.44.21.jpg

2011-07-16%25252018.44.47.jpg

2011-07-16%25252018.43.52.jpg

2011-07-16%25252018.43.44.jpg

Honestly the pictures don't do justice to the quality of work going into the car. Fuel cell shows up this week so more updates soon!

gussets gussets wheres the gussets?!

They are coming, these pictures were taking right before we disassembled the cage to clean and then resemble. Then we tacked it all back into place and then remove floor plates so we can weld the top of the cage as it's to close to the roof to get the tig torch in there. As of now the top 4 joints are fully tig welded and some angle gussets on the front upper bar. More pics up tomorrow.