Sign in to follow this  
agemomai

aero for x8 bodies! $900!

Just was liked here from jzx81.net and am never interested in the idea of having a kit on my car. I need to do some more research about fitament etc here on the forums but my excitement led me to post first : P

tuyosi86-img600x451-1141041506p1010933.jpg

tuyosi86-img600x451-1141046919p1010935.jpg

this is a middle of the road kit, not too ricey for the street, not too conservative to get noticed at the track...

the more and more i look at it the more it becomes "the" body kit. i wish i had 1000 for a kit and money for a paint job. I would definetlly get a kit if it was that one.

more food for thought

mkii011.jpg

ae85ae86-img600x450-110562179381.2.jpg

these are conservative but blends OEM and the sporty look. may be a little bland for some folks though

tuyosi86-img600x451-1141041506p1010933.jpg

i really like the kit on this markII don't get me wrong, but for some reason the angles of the sideskirt and the round front bumper seem to clash.. it's a really small detail though

for the destructive king bumper (blue MarkII), i like it better paired withh the destructive king side skirts (complete kit minus the wide rear bumper):

tsuyoshi1.jpg

BIG*WIN sideskirts withh that unidentified front bumper from above:

427992_139_full.jpg

BIG*WIN complete kit:

427992_146_full.jpg

nice but front bumper would be driveway hell

and another big win but what looks like different sideskirts (not sure)

__hr_81mf.jpg

__hr_81hr.jpg

your way wrong ray. the blue one is the shit and the side skirts are perfect. the square up the bottom side of the car. the rest try to make it wider which looks dumb because they go in at first to meet the doors then flare out. the front could use some tweaking to match the skirts a little better but its still a lot cleaner then something like the BN kit. I think that style looks better on the 240 and rx7. actually i think it looks retarded on those cars and double the retardedness on a X8. Origin kits are way hotter then BN kits, in my opinion...

IMHO I am not a big fan of blocky skirts like the BN, I do like how the angled skirts look, it blends much better withh the body lines (like the original pic I posted above) or the destructive king sideskirts

I really like the Black Big Win rear bumper withh the blue body (one withh the wing) front and side skirts. So far if I had to chose of all I have seen I prefer a mixture of those two designs.

< votes destructive king (i think thats what it is...its the metallic red chaser withh the bronze wheels in front and white in the back), also like final konnexion.. i like more flagrant kits for the x8, i think its in their nature...imo dont put aero on, if you cant go all the way. 8)

not to thread jack, but I do have a hookup that can get final konnexion kits pretty easily...

...back on topic, I vote for the following:

Destructive King front bumper withh Hippo-Sleek sides and rear.. its the best setup for street use and track, and accentuates the lines of the car. I think fitment under the stock cressida lights whouldnt be a problem because these kits are designed to fit withh the lower trim piece under the lights/grill of the Chaser/Mark II, and since the cressida doesnt have this, it should be a zip-tie on affair.

...nuff said.

hey guys. sorry i havent posted in a few days, i got appendicitis and just got out of the hospital. w00t.

i will talk to the guys on monday and see what we can do about copying the ideas above, we will have to vote and agree on what we all want. as you can all guess, there are a lot of different tastes in this buy-in, so its going to be difficult, but please bear withh me and remember we are basically pioneering US distribution of x8 aero.

as for everyone that is interested, start assembling moneys. 900 for the kit, and to be good and safe, set aside like 300-400+ for shiping. i dont think it will be even close to that much, but i dont want to hear people saying they cant pay to get the kit home. as the kit money has to be sent before production begins, i will have to collect kit money soon so we can start working on this order. im going to be collecting through the shop, so we can take credit cards and money orders and you guys will get invoices.

BUT, we'll wait until we decide on a style first.

I might be able to get kits cheaper then 900 and they are already made. My friend said the company that makes his kit also makes stuff for the x8 chassis. He just needs to email me the company name and contact info and I post it up on here.

i'm sure it's no insult to agemomai, sounds like he's really busy anyway, so try to dig that info rich.

tezuka's the way to go. i would sign up for this kit, but i had to throw my x8 in the gutter. i plan to buy another...not sure when. when i do will i be able to get the kit after.

8081_t1_front.jpg

that's BN Sports 1 kit installed on a MarkII, it's a flared type kit at the bottom.

i really like this mix and match set kumasan posted:

ae85ae86-img600x450-110562179381.2.jpg

but my money's still on the destructive king set:

tsuyoshi1.jpg

i think most of us have at least agreed that this front bumper (same as the blue MarkII) is most likely what we want

but my money's still on the destructive king set:

tsuyoshi1.jpg

thats SUPER similar to origin style already. it wont be a stretch at all

i think this is what everyone should agree on

yup. just get some VS style into the whole thing and be done! lets get this thing going haha, where's the other 4 people!!!

im not really a big fan on body kits, but maybe a pic of some kits on a "cressida" would help. i remember seeing a few pics on here of cressidas (i guess from aussie) withhs some bodykits.

not everyone on here has a markii front end. so i really cant get a good idea on how these bumpers would look on my car. unless someone wants to sell me a whole markii front end & rear end conversion =)

one of those front bumpers would do me good right about now since im tryin to get this intercooler mounted up and run the ic piping nicely.