Sign in to follow this  
v-nod

Suspension - Serialnine coilover installation:

Hey cool dudes, I'd like to start off by saying that I did read the "SUPER DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS" but I've got a couple of questions while I install my ultra-dope serialnine coilovers:

5748020149_898ec4c931.jpg

So yeah, do I need to take off the knurled adjuster on the bottom of the coilover in order to install these "remote adjusters" or what? The black adjusters do not fit over the knurled portion...

On a side note:

5748019757_667d83ddbb.jpg

What are those 2 metal tubes/spacers for? I assume those 4 bolts are for the rcas/knuckles...

I didn't want to bother G. with every little question over the install so I figured I'd ask the guys who have serialnine ish so I could speed up this install. Last, what toque are you guys using for your control arm to cross-member bolt, knuckle to ball joints nut, and the top/center nut on the front pillow mount?

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if some of these questions sound retarded like "can you identify this ____ even though I bought it" but I ordered a lot of shit from G. at once and so I pretty much have all sorts or random nuts and bolts and I'm trying to sort through all of it...

peace.

IIRC the metal tubes slide into the rear lower mounts. bolts appear to be rca.

torque it as tight as you can make it with your ratchet set. they don't need to be anything super crazy. the factory spec will work just fine.

^ditto. Metal tubes are inserts for the rear lower mounts.

The remote adjuster should slide right over the silver knurled knob. Just adjust the allen head set screw. The gold Stance knobs (you might not have these) should not be put on but the small silver knobs stay.

First off thanks for the help in identifying the parts.I'm still having some trouble with the adjusters... Did you guys grease the knurled knob or something? Cuz seriously I've been trying to put that sucker on for the better half of like 20 minutes, and all I'm doing is wearing off the black anodized finish...

I took a dial caliper and measured the bitch and this is what I came up with:

5748699603_afa7ceed6e_z.jpg

~.490" for the knurled part of the knob

5748699945_43080b3f4a_z.jpg

~.330" for the inner diameter of the extenders without the allen screw inside... WTF....

I dont have any golden Stance knobs. It looks like the knurled knob is held on by a very small peg type thing but I guess I'm not supposed to take that off so where should I go from here...

Should I try to bore out the adjuster?

Quite frankly, I'm a little concerned at how tight of a fit some of these parts are. My serialnine camber plates had different sized slots and one of the camber plates only fit on one of the pillow mounts. I'm not complaining I realize these things will be dope once they're on the car but I would have thought the "fit and finish" would be a little bit better...

I'm sure the camber plates fit fine it's just lining them up right can be a pain especially by yourself I'm sure you will get it all figured out

Same situation happened to me months back. I contacted G about the situation and he was surprised.

Basically, Stance changed their knob design multiple times.

You STILL can use the Remote adjusters, you just have to drill out the hole a little bigger and it will work. Thats what i did.

Best of luck, hope that helped.

What kind of car do you have?

Hey cool dudes, I'd like to start off by saying that I did read the "SUPER DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS" but I've got a couple of questions while I install my ultra-dope serialnine coilovers:

5748020149_898ec4c931.jpg

So yeah, do I need to take off the knurled adjuster on the bottom of the coilover in order to install these "remote adjusters" or what? The black adjusters do not fit over the knurled portion...

On a side note:

5748019757_667d83ddbb.jpg

What are those 2 metal tubes/spacers for? I assume those 4 bolts are for the rcas/knuckles...

I didn't want to bother G. with every little question over the install so I figured I'd ask the guys who have serialnine ish so I could speed up this install. Last, what toque are you guys using for your control arm to cross-member bolt, knuckle to ball joints nut, and the top/center nut on the front pillow mount?

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry if some of these questions sound retarded like "can you identify this ____ even though I bought it" but I ordered a lot of shit from G. at once and so I pretty much have all sorts or random nuts and bolts and I'm trying to sort through all of it...

peace.

Yeah, everything's all good with the adjusters. They just needed to be drilled out a little bit. I haven't put them on yet though b/c I'm too afraid to lose them while driving around. I need to figure out a way of getting the cord to stay on to the knob part inside the coilover better cuz the slip during adjustment sometimes.

Guest twin

might get flamed for this thread but.. is there any way you could post more pics of the install. Also did you use the S9 RCAS? just trying to get the ins and outs of installing there coilovers.

the twin