MikeRN

Wheels - tire size help for 17 x 8 +34

I picked up a set of wheels off ebay. they are CENTRA 17 x 8 +34. made in Germany.

What tire sizes would you guys recommend for the front and back for an x8 on tein lowering springs/prodra g shocks with cusco camber plates up front.

I was thinking of putting wider tires in the back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2a107d2c64

Thanks everyone!

205/45/17

probably the recommended size for the rim.

205/45/17. or 215/40/17 Anything bigger than that is gonna look silly

Where are you from? I have a set of 215/40/17s that have less than 100 miles on them I'd like to sell if you need some. Holla at me.

I wouldnt run anything less than a 215

I usually run 225/45-17 on 17x8 +32. Im not going for a tire stretch and the rims look decent with the setup.

The wider tire will also help with your everyday driving too.

bigtoepfer: im gonna check for tires at the local junkyard. Not too long ago i picked up 2 michelins for 40 bucks each there, 11/32 thread on em. im in NYC

lucas: that tire size sounds good too me. I dont like the idea of stretching tires either makes the car look ricey..

i'll post pics of the car when the wheels/tires are on.

um 205s don't stretch on an 8" rim considering they are 8" tires. so anything bigger than that would be ballooning on the rim if anything. just sayin =D

um 205s don't stretch on an 8" rim considering they are 8" tires. so anything bigger than that would be ballooning on the rim if anything. just sayin =D

225 on an 8 wouldnt baloon. section width determines stretch. just sayin.

Got the wheels in today only to find out they are 8.5 by 17 and not 8 by 17 like the seller had described them in the listing.

After test fitting the wheels on the front, it looks like it may rub the fender or rub at full lock but im not 100% sure.

I dont have the tires yet and i dont want to roll the fenders or cut them...

Anyone know for sure how they will fit with 225s? offset is 34.

best rule, don't put on a tire that's larger than 25" tall.

i'd say 215/45 all around. simple.

I run a 225/45/17 they fit great

225 will line up nice with 8.5 I hope you didn't imagine up the 8.5 by measureing yourself. does it say 17x8.5jj or did you measure from lip to lip?

225 will line up nice with 8.5 I hope you didn't imagine up the 8.5 by measureing yourself. does it say 17x8.5jj or did you measure from lip to lip?

haha... it says 8.5J. the seller said he sooo thought they were 8J.

But most definitely i will get the 225s and post pics once its done.

Yeah you will like your choice

i'm running 17x8 +35 with a 25mm bolt-on spacer, 215/45 tire looks slightly stretched, on a 9" wide this same tire was looking almost stretched to the max... with too high an offset + stretch (215/45 on a 17x9+18et) i was rubbing the lip of the rim on my TC rods. IMO the 8" +10et is fitting perfect.. rubs tire only, inners and out just slightly (with a rolled fender and steering mods.. + cambered in just a little bit.)

thanks guys... i'm hitting the junkyard over the weekend for tires. Still need lug nuts as the oem ones are too large in diameter to fit. anyone selling?

all i can say right now is the wheels are so freaking heavy that they better make up for it in looks.

one wheel weighs as much if not heavier than a stock wheel and tire combined.

then your 7m is gonna shit on itself!!

i run a 215/40-17 on a 8.25" wheel. anything more looks too big...

i has 245/40/17 on my 17 x 8. just needed to flatten th fenders a bit. the hankook v12 evo i have give it a square sidewall.