Sign in to follow this  
skyline13

Cluster & interior LED lights

Anyone did a LED light upgrades for interior and cluster? What will be the right bulb option? Any info on the wedsite to purchase from will be appreciated.

How about some interior LED light pics?

I think big toepfer has some in his dome light

Whatever you do, don't do what my friend did in his AE86. He replaced most of the lights in his dash with ultra-bright LEDs and now when he signals to turn, switches to high-beams, or his fuel light comes on he's almost completely blinded by his LEDs.

Your best bet is to pull the cluster out and check what bulb types it takes then think, "do I want un-dimmable, blinding LED backlight in my dash" and put the dash back together and keep it stock... Stuff like dome lights are good to replace with LEDs, same with trunk lights.

I put two high output LED strip lights on the inside of my trunk lid and wired them to the tiny shitty main trunk light. Now when I open my trunk it's light daylight instead of rummaging around in the dark.

or maybe still use leds, but make some sort of diffuser or up a rubber gellcap on it?? my 2 cents

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Type-S-White-LED-interior-replacement-lights/_/N-25pt?counter=6&itemIdentifier=205000_0_0_

thats one option. Their like 15 or 20$ depending on how many LEDs you want. And it makes a HUGE huge difference. I loved it in my fit. In the cressida its a little strange because of the auto dimming lights but its whatever.

Its a generic piece that comes with multiple socket plugs to fit in different light sockets

I have a LED dome light which the previous owner installed a while back, it is really helpful.

I'll take a photo if you want, I dunno if you have an x7 or not though.

I have a LED dome light which the previous owner installed a while back, it is really helpful.

I'll take a photo if you want, I dunno if you have an x7 or not though.

I have X8 but still that will help for whoever want to do LED conversion will give them an idea.

Ryojikaji did it in his X8 and it is awesome. LED's everywhere

Lets request him to share some picture with us.

i did this in my gs and there great they work wonders and i have them all through my car these are the only pics i have which are before i fixed the deadspots but yeah i like em there awesome

1214102135.jpg?t=1306540050

uh im super tired right now so i dont understand the question but there from this sight i got them for free so yeah there a bit expensive but they work

ok, here's a pic of them installed on the tercel. the cressida is in pieces so i can take a pic, but i tested it with a battery and some leads and it looks wicked.

the ones to use

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-x5.htm#photos

with these 5 wedge LEDs it doesn't create any blank spots at all. everything is well illuminated and clear. the only dim spot on the tercel cluster (top of the speedo) is because of the design of the cluster ITSELF, not the LEDs lights. the dim spot is there from factory, and doesn't change regardless of the lights put in

IMAG0087.jpg

the cell pic doesn't do it justice. everything is bright and visible, but its not overly bright and blinding. its the perfect amount, and still works with the dimmer switch.

Guest KSX8

I'm almost completely finished replacing my bulbs in my '92. Just waiting on my little T5's to be delivered. I'll do a full write-up of bulbs, where to get them, and my experiences; as I bought multiple bulbs for each location to see which worked best.

my car should have power this weekend.

i 'll post a pic then.

i never understood this trend. i like oem with at least one missing.

and a lot of cheap led taillight bulbs are dim as shit, super scary ass dim garbage taillights on a lot of cars with cheap led tail bulb replacements.

Guest KSX8

i never understood this trend. i like oem with at least one missing.

and a lot of cheap led taillight bulbs are dim as shit, super scary ass dim garbage taillights on a lot of cars with cheap led tail bulb replacements.

LED's can not only be brighter but also require less electricity to operate. That's why more new cars are being manufactured with more LED's. The brightness of an LED, unlike conventional bulbs, is directly proportionate to the number of diodes and the direction they face. Therefore it's trickier to get the best lighting possible; and is probably what you are referencing to. A little research and part hunting will yield the perfect bulb for any application.

I would never do this on an external bulb ever. this is a cluster only deal for me.

plain oldschool halogen bulbs create effectively visible lighting in ALL types of ambient light (or lack there of) without affecting the vision of other drivers on the road.

there is no reason to change them to LEDs or HID/bi-xenon bullshit.

KSX8, i meant i always thought led's were like aids for cars.

no seriously i know what leds are, they make computers look fast too.

Only ricers with screen names like "skyline" would start a thread about something as cheesy as LED gauge lighting on gay 90s OEM gauges and beat off to the idea. This shit is definetly going somewhere. Wait till I'm done driving.

Sign in to follow this