Sign in to follow this  
Guest THUG

Partying, partying, YEAH

Guest THUG

Wassssssssss UP

Thought i'd do a thread to keep track of my "progress" and so other people can see

I've had a skyline for a year, and i was starting to fall in love with the 4 door drift car look. I bought my skyline with no real intentions to drift it. then i sold my 240 drift car to drift skyline. Before i actually got to drift skyline i sold it and bought this jz81 that you are about to see.

This is a 1991 Jzx81 Cresta, with a mark 2 front end. So it doesn't quite line up, but its pretty good in my eyes.

Kei office front coilovers 12kg springs

Cusco rear coilovers 10kg springs

z33 front brakes

Racing gear tension rods

Flipside customs rear camber arms/toe arms

2-way diff

Delrin RUCA bushings

ORC super single

Yamaha factory front mount IC

ARC bov

Hippo Sleek side skirts/rear bumper

Destructo King front bumper

MOCAL oil cooler

Oil filter relocation

Cams (iirc HKS 264)

Mine's Intake

Mine's ECU with Greddy E-manage piggyback

Bride Brix passenger seat

NRG deep steering wheel /w QR

Omori water/oil temp & oil pressure gauges

Blitz Dual SBC

Blitz boost gauge

3" RSR downpipe

3" Dartesumi Exhaust /w magnflow 3" resonator welded in

I will post pictures of how it looked when i got it. You will see pictures of my jzx and pictures of my buddies gtr.

100_1248.jpg

100_1233.jpg

100_1232.jpg

100_1228.jpg

100_1227.jpg

interior

100_1269.jpg

100_1268.jpg

Engine

100_1283.jpg

100_1276.jpg

That is when i got it. I brought it home. did some work to it. Changed the oil, spark plugs, cleaned the filter.

I gotta change the release bearing. ordered one from toyota. The release bearing is noisy as hell. As you will notice the car is completely stripped. Things on top of my list are

-Locate full interior

-Install Stereo

-Paint body kit to match car

-Change diff fluid

Pictures of how it is now. Keep in mind this is my third day owning the car

Did all this work today.

100_1406.jpg

100_1405.jpg

100_1430.jpg

100_1429.jpg

100_1428.jpg

100_1427.jpg

100_1426.jpg

100_1425.jpg

100_1424.jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1422.jpg

100_1420.jpg

100_1419.jpg

100_1418.jpg

100_1417.jpg

100_1416.jpg

100_1415.jpg

100_1414.jpg

100_1413.jpg

100_1407.jpg

Not gonna lie, I hardly ever read these threads anymore, but I checked this one out for the name.

rebecca_black_meme_by_gothicgir66-d3crt9r.jpg

This car is pretty awesome, though. Carry on.

front fitment is on point the pics of the nose look really good... just one question in your mod list it says z33 brake im just gonna assume you meant z32 brake because thats what they look like but if im wrong more info on setup

Haha thread title is tight

Those Weds look a bazillion times better on this car than the skyline.

Guest THUG

thanks dudes

the mod list came from the for sale ad. but i'm 99 percent sure they are z32 front brakes.

yes, the weds look way better on jzx than skyline. it suites it way more

For anyone wondering wheel specs

Rears are 18x9.5 +25 with a 13 mm spacer. +12 effectively with a 225/40/18 tire

Fronts are 18x9 +28 with a 15mm spacer +13 effectively with a 215/35/18 tire

Fucking have this car for 2 fucking days and i already get a driving complaint. Off to the police station we go. i wonder what its for.

explain this "driving complaint?"

is this like a polite way of saying fix it ticket?

Guest THUG

Ok get this.

I go into the police station today. talk to the cop. He gives me a 402 dollar stunting ticket because my buddies neighbor in the uplands, got my license plate number and took pictures of skid marks. He probably wrote a statement too, cause it looked like the cop was reading off of something.

So now what do i do. I got the ticket in my hand. If i go to court, its me vs the neighbor guy isn't it?

Did you actually leave said skidmarks? cause i dont know how it works where you are from but where im from if the neighbor guy cant prove you made said skid marks then it didnt happen and something like that deff wouldnt stand up in court

Guest THUG

for the purpose of this. Yes. I went to the back alley and i did leave skid marks. The neighbor only has pictures of the skid makes and my license plate number.

Im going to talk to my step dad later tonight. He is the kind of fighting tickets

wow i would be pissed. u should borrow one of your friends car, take the plates off and do at least a 2 minute burnout in front of that guys house.

Guest THUG

Boy would i love to see that. Apparently the guy is a cop. But he didn't issue the ticket. Maybe they see that as a reason to give me a ticket. well its not. If hes off duty he is no different then me, so he can go fuck himself.

They can't put me in the car. They cant put my plate to that car. They can't put the car to the skid marks.

Unless he has a photo of me doing a burnout. (which still wouldn't stand, it was like 2 seconds, he'd have to be the best photographer ever to catch that)

Im just mad cause its wasting my time. Im supposed to be moving to the west coast on the 1st of may and now my court is on the 31st of may.

This is exactly why I'm super-careful about where and when I drive like an asshat. I'm broke enough keeping my car running, insured, full of gas, and keeping myself fed and drunk etc. I def. don't need huge tickets jacking my insurance. Sorry to hear this guy called you in and you got nailed.

Guest THUG

It happened in the abc's with the tires that are on the abc's. I was switching the wheels when the cop called me.

Its just stupid that a less than two second wheel hop (it wasn't even a burnout. i gave it some gas, clutch kicked and i was off), get me a ticket when i see people sliding corners on the main streets.

Im fighting it forsure cause i know he has no proof it was me, or even my car doing it.

Guest THUG

Oh yeah. Get woken up this morning my mom saying that my step dad backed into my car. And he's saying its not his fault. Saying i shouldn't park my car there. WTF.

Anyway. Because he had a hitch and my car is super low. He went right through the bumper. As far as i can tell. Thats all he hit.

No bumper supports FTW. Looks like i got some more fiberglass to do

Guest THUG

He's like. "I know i'll have to pay for it"

Im thinking. Nothing to really pay for. I already have all the fiberglass stuff i need. Its just going to be more of my time

Guest THUG

Well the ticket does say stunting on it.

Anyways. I want to get to work fixing my bumper and such but i can't cause it keeps fucking snowing and it just won't stop. Mother Nature needs to grow up. Its the middle of fucking April