EliteJDM

1JZ VVTi HELP!!

so i need an exhaust cam seal,

I read a few places that a Crank Seal from a 2003 Highlander/Camry works, so i ordered one. I inspected it and it look identical to the one i removed so i installed it.

Started the motor up for the fist time yesterday and it was leaking ALOT, so i removed the top cover today and cranked it & saw the seal is rotating with the camshaft.

a bunch of people said they used it and it works, but i figured i would ask you guys. Im sure a handful of you are running this motor and replaced these in the past..

I need Exhaust cam seal, ive read that 2003 Camry/Highlander Crank seal (front) is the same.

Are VVTi and Non VVti 1JZ Cam Seal (Exhaust) the same?

I heard that the cam seals are different between VVTi and Non VVTi 1j so im guessing it doesnt work. same reason i didnt try a 2jzgte cam seal for my 1j.

http://clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/499370-official-1jz-vvti-parts-thread.html

u might want to try asking brian, about where to get to get those parts or what alternatives u can try or use the find a cam seal with part number almost matching the one from the link i provided.

yea, this is the p/n i need OEM 90311-38056, it is not a good number for toyota/lexus in the USA, and we thought we had the right seal, installed it, and it was a cunt hair too small, so we no longer have the original seal..

i took measurments and the OD of the seal needs to be 52.5mm, ID (camshaft thickness) 38mm, and seal depth/thickness 6mm-7mm will work

SKF seals catologue

You can also try the parts dept. at Champion Toyota in Houston, there's a guy there that's a well-known supplier of JDM OEM Toyota parts.

Driftmotion just put up the full gasket set on their site for 199. Champion Toyota can't even get em.

Did you at least try a vvt-i 2jz-ge cam seal , they are cheep and they are the same for both sides it works on the one side on the 1jz .

From ToyoDiy

90311‑40020 1JZGTE..JZX100; NO.1 / 90311‑38056 1JZGTE..JZX100; NO.2

90311‑40020 2JZGE..JZS160

Thanks for all the help fellas

SKF seals catologue

You can also try the parts dept. at Champion Toyota in Houston, there's a guy there that's a well-known supplier of JDM OEM Toyota parts.

I couldnt find any in that skf catalog that meet the sizes of what i need

Driftmotion just put up the full gasket set on their site for 199. Champion Toyota can't even get em.

ill check that out for the future

Did you at least try a vvt-i 2jz-ge cam seal , they are cheep and they are the same for both sides it works on the one side on the 1jz .

From ToyoDiy

90311‑40020 1JZGTE..JZX100; NO.1 / 90311‑38056 1JZGTE..JZX100; NO.2

90311‑40020 2JZGE..JZS160

I tried them, no good...

I ended up ordering a bunch from Jland so i have them on hand, and reinstalled the original one for the time being.

Did an event this past weekend at monticello motor club in NY and no signs of a leak.

here is a shot of my engine bay in case anyone cares

nd-up-44.jpg

vvtis13.jpg

Boost leak? One of my couplers looked liked that and the thing would blow off like every 2 days and i replaced the clamp every time it blew off i ended up remaking that pipe so the coupler sat better problem solved. You still on stock boost?

This is vvti in s13 right?

vvtis13.jpg

Boost leak? One of my couplers looked liked that and the thing would blow off like every 2 days and i replaced the clamp every time it blew off i ended up remaking that pipe so the coupler sat better problem solved. You still on stock boost?

Na, no boost leak. This pipe is completely even with outlet pipe, the coupler is like 2"'s to long. I trimmed the bottom to fit around the bend, just havent trimmed the top. I actually have to remove the intrcooler to take that pipe out. I am running 14lbs.

hey matt, are you and mats gonna make it to ECB?

wish i woudlve seen this sooner, ive got a million seals lying around

the one i needed? it seems there is no equivalent used in the US

Guest david s12

nicee. i remember you talking about this when i bought that jzx100 ecu off you. cant wait to see it in person! you coming to summit soon?