Sign in to follow this  
JoeTheHook

Body - Lets talk weight savings

Got my last car to 2800 with half a cell of fuel. Deadening and carpet all gone, no rear seats/belts, basic wiring loom, racetech drivers/stock leather passenger, fuel cell and not much else changed. Still had sun roof, head lining and visors. New car should be heaps better.

Guest Monkey_Business

Got my last car to 2800 with half a cell of fuel. Deadening and carpet all gone, no rear seats/belts, basic wiring loom, racetech drivers/stock leather passenger, fuel cell and not much else changed. Still had sun roof, head lining and visors. New car should be heaps better.

No shit! What chassis was that? That's pretty skinny

my car weighed in at 2900 with half a tank. I gutted another 200lbs this week. I will get another 150 or so out of it. my car is straight Ethiopia status now.

- all sunroof shit gone

-doors completely gutted

- dash stripped down to plastic frame

- no wiper shit

- only glass is windshield , rear is being redone with lexan

- soon ill do a fuel cell

This^

I like all the heavy shit in my car. If it feels too slow then its time for more power haha

^ yep im gunna do this when i save up the money too :(. I want to keep the interior etc but i may try to "clean up" dead wiring and other shit i dont need to save some weght, but im not gunna go too crazy. I may rip out the fan system and boxes tho as i dont have heat or a/c

2651 with a half a tank, no driver, and an overkill roll cage. 2J. Factory hard top, completely gutted. One seat. All lexan except windshield. 15s.

wow, what other weight mods have you done since?

thats farkin light.

also i heard you wadded it up, it was so easy to ride walls when i sold it to ya

not really a wieght saving but doing a battery relocation to the trunk transfers your weight balance by about 1%helps out when your engine weighs more than the whole car ;) and look into a company called braille. they make super light betterys. and non of you mentioned the weight of your wheels. unsprung weight i.e. anything below the srpings is way more detrimental to your cars performance than sprung weight is. mount your seat as low as possible to bring down center of gravity a hair. take out all of the electric seatbelt gaynes. your not 80 and its not 1990 anymore so you really dont need it. take off your rear bumper. shave door handles on all three passenger doors. put a string in there incase u need to open it. extra nuts and bolts holding shit together add up too. if there is four bolts and itll work with 1-2 or even just a zip tie then do it. take out your hood latch and put in some pins. remove the cable too. same with trunk. change out the semi truck style steering wheel. youll be suprised how heavy the stock steering wheels are. heat and ac units and duct work. run an open downpipe. lol some of this shit is rediculous but it really does add up. :) Goodluck. oh and invest in a air chisel. makes sound deadening easy to remove.

Flame Shield ON!!!

I like the cut of your jib. New car is getting a 3/4" tube steering shaft. Should save heaps over stock too.

Mine is completely gutted except for the front door panels. I only have my bucket seat in there as well. Took off all the roof liner, rear doors are stripped, carpets removed, trunk is gutted, dash is stripped, ACs ripped out, and insulation is getting ripped out next week. I want to get a stereo system though. Driving without tunes gets homo as fuck

my 5 spd 5M X7 weighed around 2700 pounds with a half tank of gas and 4 wheels/tires

gutted interior (save for the front doors, headliner, dash, HVAC) recaro drivers seat, rear bumper gutted, no power steering, no AC, rear doors gutted, hood and trunk skeleton gutted, trunk gutted, engine removed of all emissions and accessories, exhaust basically straight piped.. bunch of useless bracketry and sheet metal cut out, dear wiring removed.

a track prepped X7 with a 1j should be able to hit sub 3000 pounds no problem.