Sign in to follow this  
Gseventythree

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING WITH SERIALNINE!?!?!?!

K . .so FIRST of all Guys and Dolls..

I apologize for my absence on JZX, and the accompanying lack of communication that comes with that (if you were trying to get ahold of me via PM)

Basically im making this post to address all of the concerns regarding SERIALNINE and the parts that I have or dont have and for the newbs and potential customers, a bit of history. .

Short version of the story is this. .

My name is Gerard de Peralta, and I am a car addict. . Ive always wanted to build cars and have my own car parts company.. Fast forward to 2006ish. . I have a Shop (KEEP PerformanceLab) and its not goin so well.. its lots of work and not much money. . at this time I started building an X7 cressida cuz of Tezuka. . and realized this was a completely untapped market. . and these cars are plentiful and cheap. . Now im a pretty seasoned fabricator and savvy at designing and engineering parts . . So im like fuckin coilovers!. . sweet. . made the first set with a used set of Kei Office coilovers. . Then i did the subframe bushings. .. . etc. etc. If you're interested you can see here http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=168&st=80 . .

And from there, SERIALNINE was born. .

I started small.. making small runs of parts here and there, all the while having a full time job. .

I am responsible for EVERYTHING regarding SERIALNINE except for the manufacturing (machining/welding/etc. ). That includes design, testing, sourcing hardware, making posts, replying to emails, building the cars, going to drift events, talking to people at said events, making stickers, packaging, shipping, AS WELL AS accounting, bookkeeping, managing, and everythign else associated with running a small business. . I have a few people that sort of help here and there, but as far as ACTUALLY getting everything done, its all me. . Now you can imagine this is a lot of work, and it was ok in the beginning as the list of parts was small and the market was also small. .

Fast forward to 2010

Cressidas are ACTUALLY popular now and SERIALNINE is the Premier company for all things Cressida. Now, seeing this as a great thing (im selling parts fairly consistently for such a niche market) I decide to try and expand a little bit to keep up with demand, as my current machinist primarily deals with BIG dollar electrical contracts, and SERIALNINE was a lower priority entity at this point. . .

So I approach a few different local machinists and propose this and that. . trying to get a better break on pricing, and also getting a more consistent supply of parts on time. . Keep in mind im still funding this whole thing with my own salary WHILE ALSO building the sickest cressidas known to man. . I bounce backand forth with a couple of small guys. (cuz im a small guy still) THEN. . . I get a good response from a BIG shop that already machines parts for extremely high end tools, and they just happen to make Racecar parts for their Dragsters on the side, and the programmer is a genius and just happens to be into toyotas . . AWESOME! A deal is struck and promises are made. . Quick turnaround, excellent finishes, exacting tolerances, timely completion, potential "pull part" setup (they make lots and i only pay and take the parts as needed) ALL of the things I was looking for. . I was EXCITED. .

I do a bunch of promotion, update the site, sell a bunch of product that is "on back order" with completion dates just over the horizon, im really excited for the future of SERIALNINE. . At this point Ameen is getting me awesome promotion, Kevin and I are becoming local Superstars, and things are going well. THEN. . i try to contact the dudes. . again. . and again. . then they made the parts wrong . . so lets make em agian. . then again. . etc. etc. etc. . im freaking out. . people are getting mad. . "WHERES MY SHIT?!?!" . . "IVE PAID 6 MONTHS AGO!!". . etc.. so i finally start getting parts . . short. . 18 of this (supposed to be 20) . . 37 of that (supposed to be 40) etc. . I call. . we FIGHT. . Yes literally a YELLING match with the machinist. .and i Quote "I dont give a fuck about your parts, you're not getting them. . I dont care about your fucking money, fuck you". . Yeah. . great business practices. . im fucked. .ANYWAYS. . Manage to get all the pieces. . Go to final weld and assemble them. . Had one more small issue with the welding jig for the arms. .and ran out of the rest of the normally stocked parts. .Great. .

ANYWAYS. . you could imagine my dismay at this situation. . My company that i've built from the ground up, been recognised as a leader in my market, and have a solid customer base is on the verge of extinction. .AWESOME. . I take longer to reply to emails. . I stop taking orders. .im shipping what i have left. . refunding some customers. . etc. .its going down. . " in the gutter" so to speak. .

NOW TO 2011. .

SERIALNINE is currently working on a deal to expand to an appreciable level. . A bonafide parts manufacturer. . SLIGHTLY bigger than now, but big enough to supply properly. . When this deal goes through, we will have the FULL (current) Cressida product line available by end of May. . As well as finalizing the prototype parts we've had forever. These include, steering knuckles/angle kit, rear knuckle replacement bushing, Tension rods, and a few little things as well. . Our plans for the near future include expanding into the newer larger toyotas (GS/LS/IS) concentrating on products to make them driftable and ultra low.

RECAP. . . we will know VERY soon the state of SERIALNINE. .

EVERYONE with parts on order, you ARE getting your stuff regardless of what happens. . IF I cannot get you your parts, you will get a REFUND. .

Id like to thank everyone for their support over the years, countless props, emails, blog entries, compliments etc. I never would've made it this far without you. . . .

Special shout outs to:

BRIAN of JZXPROJECT for having the best and pertty much only site going for all things JZX. . and letting me advertise and promote my products and company on his forums..

AMEEN/ROBERT/ALEX/KEVIN/ERIC and enyone else who I forgot to mention that has helped SERIALNINE in the past. .

Sincerely

G.

good to hear from ya G! best of luck getting stuff sorted out and expanding

Man those parts better not go extinct or they'll be fetching a pretty penny in the market for a "Collectors item" heheheheh

I was talking to Ameen and he told me he was hanging out with you, which was pretty funny since i was thinking he was still In Houston....

Nonetheless, good to know and glad you came up with this update to clarify everything.

^ease the fuck up kiddo, the man's been places that rarely exist and see things barely able to be seen. He's fucked a three legged boob and doesn't know how to tell his mother that he liked it. Let him sit down with a beer and a smoke.

beer_toastlg.jpg

It's a jungle out their , I feel about the same way about my own shop I work more and have less money in my pocket than anyone I know . It's hard but it's worth it and I wouldn't trade it for a 9 to 5 shit job . I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and I hope it all works out for you .

Good luck and best wishes !

Sounds like you have gone through a suprashitstorm G. I'm glad to hear that you are sorting things out. I hope everything comes together, I want to order areo and suspension from you.

G,

Glad to hear you're connecting with the right people. I'm going through the same kind of problems with my vinyl business. Having to count on yourself, for literally every aspect of a small business, can be extremely demanding. Keeping up with huge orders, while using bigger shops to make what you can't personally, can be awesome. But, relying on others to keep their word is a big gamble.

Best of luck to you!

Garcia

ps: I need to order some coilovers =]

I'm glad to hear things are looking up. I can't wait to install the solid subframe and diff bushings that were delivered to me AS PROMISED. Don't sweat it if you guys are waiting on parts. G will get them to you. Just be patient.

^ Even though you're from Victoria, MAKE A FUCKING INTRO, NOOB!

I miss Victoria :(

Keep your head up G. S9 is the shit! Keep us posted on when to click the Checkout button... yeeeeeah :beer: :beer: :beer:

Sounds like you been through it all, What a shit fight and what is the worse thing is bad word spreads faster then good word lets hope you bounce back :D

Any updates lately? Ordered diff bushings today and had totally forgot that things were backed up for you.

Sign in to follow this