JZXProject
Guest charlie@justdrift

Fan boy drift boat! jzx90 mkii

Guest charlie@justdrift

one day i just woke up and said i want a 4 door...

i started drifting with an ae86 in 1998, crashed and burnt 3 of them. finally saw a better option in an s13 in 2001. so since 2001 until last week, i went through about 9 s13's and 2 s14's. i traded m s13.4 last week for a jzx90 mkii. i've been playing with an idea of a different car for a long time, maybe about a year. but never had the drive for it. i was thinking from v8 gs300 (aristo), fc, fd, v8 s13, sr ae86. but when this opportunity knock, i jumped the gun and went to phoenix and got the trade. my s13, never had major issues. it was just rewired with stand alone system last year and it's pretty reliable bug-free. every time i need it to go, it goes! but that's history now...

present day... 4 door. not much to build, i just plan to drive it as it is with e85. this car is supposedly tuned and ready to go with 430hp single gt35 twin scroll manifold. car seems pretty basic and a good start. but what i plan to do with it...

1. 2 bride zetas (had it for 8 years already, moved from car to car - waiting on brackets/rails)

2. 2 harness (have it already)

3. gauges /boost/oil temp/water temp/oil pressure (i need help on fittings - what do you guys use?)

4. aero/paint - goal is by justdrift/ziptied all star bash 11 july 4

color - i wanna keep it in the silver family, maybe gun metal or anthracite with bronze rims.

5. rims - i already have 2 sets of te37's plus the ame's that it came with (just need it powder coated)

so you know, there's really nothing to be done to it. i'm not planning on competing in it, just a fun drift/track car. i dunno about how it's gonna look, but i guarantee you one thing. it's gonna get driven hard! i hope toyota is much more reliable than nissans.

that orange was my s13.4 =(

i'm gonna miss it...

post-2878-031125600 1299795207_thumb.jpg

post-2878-028450700 1299795225_thumb.jpg

post-2878-093207500 1299795324_thumb.jpg

Guest charlie@justdrift

188672_1834872425995_1065961749_2202061_6994894_n.jpg

went out to test... it was fun day! i'll have vids up this week.

sweet stuff dude! How did you find the x90 compared to your S13? What size wheels? offset? tire size?

is that a custom wide rear 1/4?

Guest charlie@justdrift

sweet stuff dude! How did you find the x90 compared to your S13? What size wheels? offset? tire size?

is that a custom wide rear 1/4?

x90 is much more predictable, slower transition, stopping is not as easy, heavy, eats more tires, smooth initiation, no angle, more sick, more fun compared to s13.

maybe because it's still new to me and learning it still. but i always walk in the wrong side of the car a few times. pitching and e brake locking 4wheels are weird and different.

i'm getting use to shifting with my left hand still.

the rear quarter is custom made, i got it that way. wasn't finish, so i need to get it finish still. right now, the car is at the shop getting some basic and important stuff done to it.

i have hiro's seat rails from his chaser. then after that's done, we'll do more testing. then next step is paint/aero. speaking of aero... anyone got extra that can ship? =)

i'm gonna get all this done by ASBXI - July 4!

i think 4 door bros should come drift with us at ASB. If we get enough 4 doors, we'll have our own run group! make them drool!

Welcome to the familly Charlie :)

Man, If I could afford the trip down from Ontario to Cali i'd so be down! I wanna hit up HTM with my car <3

Guest charlie@justdrift

Welcome to the familly Charlie :)

Man, If I could afford the trip down from Ontario to Cali i'd so be down! I wanna hit up HTM with my car <3

Thanks for the welcome bro! Is Ontario on the east side? Cause.... If it's not you should go to asbxi!

Your car is sweet and all....but holy fuck did you actually ask where fucking Ontario is??

Guest charlie@justdrift

jack, i mean i wasn't sure if ontario was closer to east coast or the west coast. cause if it's west coast, then you guys should come down. there was a few guys from drift union that came last years asbx.

You do know Canada isn't some sort of stone age, post war, bung hole, right? We're on Google maps.

Haha it's all good. I was actually hoping to come down to asb with the DU guys. All depends on the truck/trailer/money situation

Charlie, yes ontario is east coast. Right above NY.

I looked it up, its over 4500km one way to go hahah. I'd love to make that trip, just gotta take time off work.

i miss my 90 :(

you'll love this car...

but i have a question if you don't mind

me asking...how did you find this sexy thing?

What's Canada? Is that like a thrift store or something? laugh.gif

Charlie, you in Cali?

^ Thanks to our gov., we're the Oil, Water, and Lumber Superstore for you guys. Be nice to us, our overpriced F-35s will be here in 5-10 years! :mellow:

ASB would be sick! But 2800km each way = 5600km $100 per 350km tank = $1600 in gas for truck trailer, wish I had a diesel!!

Drift car + house = no big trips

And as some americans i know always say

wj9Eqnxmgj40q0jzN5feCKeZo1_500.jpg

Guest TeckniX

any under hood pics? I'd like to see how they capped some of the recirc evap stuff

Guest THUG

I'd love to come down to ASB. too. Maybe we can work something out Jack. I know i would drive my car. No truck and trailer for me.

I got some buddies that would probably make the trip down as well.

Nice looking x9. I was debating getting an x9. They look way better in person. They look like a boat in pictures.

Guest charlie@justdrift

I'd love to come down to ASB. too. Maybe we can work something out Jack. I know i would drive my car. No truck and trailer for me.

I got some buddies that would probably make the trip down as well.

Nice looking x9. I was debating getting an x9. They look way better in person. They look like a boat in pictures.

yeah the drift union guys are coming. few four doors are trekking this way for ASB XI. my car is going to get painted next week or so, got the aero and the fenders. need some work on the fenders though, got a little damage from shipping :(

out testing tracks for asb

IMG_9600.JPG