Guest david s12

wiring a tt thottle body to a jzx110 ecu?

Guest david s12

hi guys

after reviewing this thread http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=4245&st=20

instead of bringing up a old thread, i figured i could ask some more ? for some insight

the E throttle body on my jzx110 (verossa) had a broken tps.. so i bought a tt non traction control or whatever throttle body, the tps plugs in, BUT, the tps-ish plug on the throttle cable side, and the tps motor plug are dangling not hooked up

my cars starts, runs with the cable pulled slightly, i figure this is because i dont have a IACV on my jzx110 because the jzx110 throttle body controls the idle.. any extra throttle kills the motor off and it dies... im figuring my ecu isnt getting any sort of signal

BUT in all this nonsense.... theres 4 wires on my tps plug. 1 brown ground i think, and a red black power i think.

the other 2, i figure are signals. could i cut the wires, and directly wire them to the ecu pin.. that is looking for a tps signal

or are these signals different? am i looking to buy a whole ecu/harness? thats alot of wasted cash.

the old, now unused plug on the throttle cable bracket, is that what tells the ecu how much the throttle is opened? then goes to the ecu, does mysterious stuff, then send the info BACK to the tps on the other side, and tells the tps motor to open/close

could i wire my new tps signals, to the old throttle cable side plug.... so then the ecu will understand how much throttle is opened...

Dude, wtf? You're project is neat, but the lack of time spent trying to see how this place works is gay. Think of jzxp as kinda like a penitentiary of forums, if that makes any sense, where as other places are like star trek conventions.

So how long have you been a lex tech? I would think you'd have pretty good access to ideas on this seeing as your shit is pretty similar to is/gs300. Start there?

No, actually, go make a proper intro and start there.

^thanks Kyle.

Seriously, if you're a tech as a profession and you can't figure this out you'd better get your ass back to the wash bay or the tire machine.

Guest david s12

No, actually, go make a proper intro and start there.

ive been at lexus for about 5 months, and if youve ever worked at a dealership, youll realize theres not much wiring work involved. 65 percent of the cars we work on are rx's anyways. everythings all warranty and service work.

is/gs uses a e throttle pedal... while this jzx 110 has a throttle cable/weird throttle body. not too similar too me honestly

and i cant really post a intro, due to not posting a picture of my s12, due to the intro sticky saying no pictures of S chassis's, but i MUST have a picture. and ive searched deffinetly, and figured i could find use of this forum for information on the jzx110 due to there not being much info out there

sorry for the bothering

I referred him guys so get off his dick.

If I were you man I'd switch to jzx100 ecu. You just need the connectors the pins shoudl swap from the 110 plug to them. It all there just get an ecu and some junkyard plugs. 100 ecu will work just fine with no ISCV also. Just do it man. I Think brian has one. The TT throttle body will work fine with it too. The 100 uses a 3 wire tps but its the same signal but without the idl pin No big deal.

ive been at lexus for about 5 months, and if youve ever worked at a dealership, youll realize theres not much wiring work involved. 65 percent of the cars we work on are rx's anyways. everythings all warranty and service work.

is/gs uses a e throttle pedal... while this jzx 110 has a throttle cable/weird throttle body. not too similar too me honestly

and i cant really post a intro, due to not posting a picture of my s12, due to the intro sticky saying no pictures of S chassis's, but i MUST have a picture. and ive searched deffinetly, and figured i could find use of this forum for information on the jzx110 due to there not being much info out there

sorry for the bothering

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. is/gs use the same throttle body as a 110. its actually plug and play.

JZX100 ECU (or PowerFC) is the easist way around this for sure. I've already done this conversion for someone and the differences are not that big once you figure out WTH is going on. If you go the 100 route and have questions let me know.

Guest david s12

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. is/gs use the same throttle body as a 110. its actually plug and play.

guess it depends on the year, not sure about the throttle body, but there is no throttle cable on the newer gs/is, its a plug off the accelerator

Guest david s12

JZX100 ECU (or PowerFC) is the easist way around this for sure. I've already done this conversion for someone and the differences are not that big once you figure out WTH is going on. If you go the 100 route and have questions let me know.

i need to buy a jzx100 ecu. im going with the 100 route

I have an 03 IS and it's half cable half faggotry. Very similar. the problem is getting the shit to work without tripping the ecu out. Maybe pull the motorized butterfly out of the original tb and have everything plugged up, but I'm guessing i's too late for that.

That half faggotry is only the first 15% controlled for idle and ACC load compensation. Speed signal would be one of the biggest things to deal with, and I think transmission feed back is way more prevalent on these. A lot of people do the throttle body under the seat thing too just to generate the signals it wants to keep out of limp, but JZX100 will make everything better. The guy I did this for got dooped. They sent him a JZX100 motor-set with JZX110 throttle, harness, and ECU. Tricky bastards!

wrong again. the stepper motor in the first gen is300 can and will control 100% of the throttle motion. however, the cable can over ride 50% of the motion manually. every vvti 2jz equipped is/gs has the dbw/cable hybrid bullshit. and running a non dbw throttle body will not put the car in limp. i know because i'm running a q45 tb in my is on stock ecu with no other management. bone stock electronics, custom wired tps, no limp.

I'm sure there is more than one setup that was used throughout the years. Probably just talking about different stuff. The one you are mentioning controls TRAC as well right?

Guest david s12

IDK, i have no chassis harness, so my ecu/coils have 12 volt power, i start the car, it idles only with the cable pulled slightly, and if i rev the motor it dies instantly.

so, whos selling a jzx100 ECU? :)

i dont think anyones ever gonna buy this jzx110 ecu.. ugh

I'm sure there is more than one setup that was used throughout the years. Probably just talking about different stuff. The one you are mentioning controls TRAC as well right?

no. they didn't. all vvti's had dbw. and yes it controls traction control. i believe 98 and 99 gs had non vvti 2jzge. thus, no dbw. sorry about the quoting. counting ^^^^^^^^^ SUCKS DICK.

how the fuck is it not throwing a code? this was like the biggest PITA for IS owners for years. Did someone just finally figure it out?

It throws a code, but doesnt put it in limp. And im pretty sure wiring in some resistors could make that code go away. I just compared the wiring diagrams between the q45 and the 01 is300 and figured out where to wire in idle validation and tps on the is harness. Its not perfect, but its working, and its pretty damn uncharted territory.

Avernier's deal is he lives in fuckyoursisterville, Alabama. Cel doesn't ward off inspections and he doesn't give a fuck about the cel being on. He should have a better idea this week how it'll all play out.

Austin, 98 & up jz is vvti.

Op, do you have a wideband? Wondering what it does to kill it when you apply throttle... Maybe try splicing in the stepper motor tps wires into the tps on your tb?

Also, if it's anything like the IS and whatnot the traction control might be super gay. on the earlier series you just unplug it, but guessing these are built in like the IS. Might make it go into limp if it can't control trac, and I know the first thing I do when I fire up my wagon is hit the trac button because it resets itself with key off.

Guys right, x100 would be easiest

Ps. Avernier has an x100 ecu

is it map or maf based? if its maf based, and you're not running one, it will die.

oh yeah. i do have an x100 ecu. let me know if you want to buy it.

Guest david s12

Avernier's deal is he lives in fuckyoursisterville, Alabama. Cel doesn't ward off inspections and he doesn't give a fuck about the cel being on. He should have a better idea this week how it'll all play out.

Austin, 98 & up jz is vvti.

Op, do you have a wideband? Wondering what it does to kill it when you apply throttle... Maybe try splicing in the stepper motor tps wires into the tps on your tb?

yes i have a aem but its not hooked up, due to no exuast yet,

i orderd a jzx100 ecu it will be here monday.. hopefully my pinout is correct for the 100 ecu and this whole process of reppinng will work.