Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Blonde

Car vibrating like crazy!

Put an r154 in my car with a fully rebuilt 7m and when i hit the gas it vibrates but at idle does not. does anyone have any idea what it could be? would it be the harmonic balancer? Thought it was the clutch mis-aligned or the flywheel but changed those out yesterday and still doing it.

you could have a bad carrier bearing...

this

I have similar problem, just miner vibration around 80mph.

Im sure its the carrier, probably buy a one piece shaft when i go jz.

Until then 7M, r154, and a bad carrier FTW!

I have a one piece driveshaft. Cant be that. It does it when i am sitting still in neuatral just reving the engine up. That is why i thought it was the flywheel being warped or somethingl. i think something with the engine is fucked. maybe bad crank or something.

what does it sound like? vibration or is there scraping? Try reving in neutral with the clutch fully depressed. Watch the engine in the bay see how its moving... Is it pulling any codes? Check the sensor connections

oh i banged the fuck outta his tunnel its not that lol it had a spun main bearing already with fresh rebuild lol....

well IF you banged the tunnel enough for the r154 to clear... check the engine mounts to see if there still in place... one time the nut on the bottom of my mount got loose so when i got on the gas the position of the engine and tranny shifted making the tranny touch on the tunnel.

Brand new motor mounts in it so it's not that either

Guest waste of money well spent

Does it do it when your in neutral and stop when you have the clutch depressed? did you torque the clutch in the right sequence cris cross style? not saying your an idiot just working down the possible issues. if it only happends when your in gear and rolling i would say check your working angles on your drive shaft... other wise you said new swaped motor that seems to be the issue something internal. if you figure it out post it

oh i banged the fuck outta his tunnel its not that lol it had a spun main bearing already with fresh rebuild lol....

Hey asshole with the mile long username, you chose this thread for your first post? Did you not read this part^? Get with the program or gtfo

1 peice drive shaft and clutch and everything is straight ive done it plenty of times and drive shaft has been balanced twice the thing is it's a 7m and it sucks end of story he messed up and had a retard rebuild it instead of us so

carrier bearing is common for the vibrating. mines doin the same. new ones are like $120 at Kragen/ O'Reillys i think, and like $150 at Toyota.

^ you too? Wow.

the thing is it's a 7m and it sucks end of story he messed up and had a retard rebuild it instead of us so

so it just does it sitting there? like free rev? if so i have a few ideas. its common with bad tuning basically.. off idle is the hardest ve change in any tune. accel fuel an timing has to be just right.

Well the tranny is fucked possible the input shaft is all outta wack his cress is getting the best of him and people people he has a 1 peice drive shaft pay attention