Sign in to follow this  
bwcress

Stock parking brake questions

So apparently to douche who owned the car before me completly removed the parking brake assembly on one side of the car. Ive searched on a bunch of parts sites and ebay and cannot find the spring kit and whatnot for the parking brake i would like to replace everything on both sides but i can only find the shoes so far. Does anyone know where i can find the hardware kit for the parking brake? Is the parking brake assemblies on a mk3 supra the same as a mx83 i know they are drums inside the rotor hat but ive never gotten a chance to compare the two. Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty much all toyota and lex duder. IS, SC, GS, mk3, mkiv all use the same shoes so they all have the same brake.

go to dealership. the parts are seriously cheap. when mine were half missing, i replaced all springs, pins, and retainers while i was in there. they use the same fucking hardware for a bunch of cars. it's a basic drum setup.

this shouldn't be a question on jzxp

go to dealership. seriously it's like a few bucks for the parts.

funny thing is when i went to the dealer he told me he couldnt get the parts hence me say I CANT FIND THEM... i guess i will try a different dealer hopefully they wont have retards working at the parts counter but thanks for being a dick <3

since you mention now that you have tried them with no results, you can try toyodiy.com and pull the parts numbers you need to bypass said retarded parts counter workers. that usually does it. if that still doesn't work, i would try a different dealer like you suggested

half the time i don't expect them to know what parts go on a 22 year old car