Sign in to follow this  
willb87

William's mx83

hi guys, sorry i havent posted up any updates about my cressida for a long time. when i first bought it i had cut springs and put some cheap wheels on it. this was how it looked before.

cressidaside.jpg

cressida2side.jpg

after driving the car for a while.....the head gasket finally went out and i bought a 1jzvvti. my orginal plan was to just run that motor completely stock.

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

getting the motor in didnt take that long. im still new b when it comes to motor swap so i had a hard time wiring up the motor. i couldnt find that much information on the 1jzvvti. i should have research more before buying the motor but i didnt haha. so after i ended up taking it to Kaizen motorsport. i mess up the wiring pretty bad haha so i went with an aem standalone ecu. i figured since i was running a standalone i might as well upgrade the turbo. i went with the driftmotion upgrade internals for the stock turbo, hks boost actuator, 440 injector which meant i had to change the fuel rail, walboro fuel pump. when i finally got to drive the car after waiting for a year it felt awesome. i love how 1jzvvti feels. i have never been in any turbo car before so i felt like the car running stock and not tune was fast as hell. hahaha i kind of felt like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4va2s6w4nFE

sorry guys i know this is a hyundai sonata commerical but thats pretty much how i felt driving the cressida with the 1jz vvti

well this is how the car looks like now. i got rid of the cut springs and replace it with megan coilovers

o0600045010569932468.jpg

30321_1408342723497_1080316184_1200140_5682467_n.jpg

29107_402200142020_535307020_4741264_1736892_n.jpg

29107_402200132020_535307020_4741263_5992751_n.jpg

i took the cressida to a drift event. the motor held up and was strong. however i had an issue with the intercooler coupler popping off. i kept tightening it up but it still pop off for some reason. couldnt figure it out and at the end of the day my clutch started to slip. my dumb ass never open up the transmission to see how bad the clutch was. so i ended up doing double the work. here is pic of the cresssida at adams friday night light in august.

_MG_8180.jpg

here is a video i found on youtube, one of my friends was driving my car at the time.

well after that i replace the stock clutch with action clutch.

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

when i was taking the transmission apart, i realize my car didnt have a pilot bearing.

here is a picture of the stock clutch and how worn out it was

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

i later found out when putting in the transmission my engine mounts were both broken. which explain why my intercool piping kept popping off.

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

brokenenginemount.jpg

now the car runs fine and no intercooler piping popping off. i just order some serialnine diff bushing. hopefully it wont take too long to get ship. my diff bushing are pretty much out. hopefully when i have some more money and time, i can get the car dyno and tune.

Car looks good. How much boost? 440 sidefeeds?

Car looks good. How much boost? 440 sidefeeds?

thanks kyle, its boosting about 1bar so i believe thats about 8lbs and yeah i its 440 side feed.

i checked out that car twice. the first time was in norwalk, it had bhg. 6months later it was being sold by another guy in rosemead, it was overheating.

are the seats still mismatched

WOW I really like this!!! I had mb battles on my ,mx83 when i had s14 gay lowering springs on.. it didnt look as good as yours!! It looked like you had to do some major ballpeen on the front fenders though!! ;p

Btw what sized tires did you run on the mb's?

Pic of gay ride height and gay licence placement on mine.

23560_377664080665_523880665_425-1.jpg

yes! new people take note, this is the way to do it. basic, simple, proper.

Looks great, (1bar is alittle more then 14psi) if you went with 440s why did you have to change the rail? shit is dope none the less more vids maybe a dyno sheet. I needs a set of mb what sizing did you get cant tell if those are 17 or 18

i checked out that car twice. the first time was in norwalk, it had bhg. 6months later it was being sold by another guy in rosemead, it was overheating.

are the seats still mismatched

i got rid of the stock seats but the seats are different from each other. hahah

IMAG0037.jpg

Looks great, (1bar is alittle more then 14psi) if you went with 440s why did you have to change the rail? shit is dope none the less more vids maybe a dyno sheet. I needs a set of mb what sizing did you get cant tell if those are 17 or 18

well stock injector on the vvti are 370 and i believe they are top feed, and i went with 440 which came off a 2jz which was side feed. i will get some video soon but im still kind of a newb to drifting haha so when i get a little better i will get some footage. as soon as i get the dyno i will be sure to post it up. im on 17x 9.5 +15 all around

WOW I really like this!!! I had mb battles on my ,mx83 when i had s14 gay lowering springs on.. it didnt look as good as yours!! It looked like you had to do some major ballpeen on the front fenders though!! ;p

Btw what sized tires did you run on the mb's?

Pic of gay ride height and gay licence placement on mine.

23560_377664080665_523880665_425-1.jpg

thanks kenji. your car looks good too. beside, both my front fender are all jack up hahah yours looks clean compared to my cressida. haha right now, im running 225/45 all around.

^ because vvti are top feed. You have to run a non vvti rail and lower intake.

And yeah, with the upgraded turbo and 1 bar I bet it feels nowhere near like a stock one.

yes! new people take note, this is the way to do it. basic, simple, proper.

might want to add, run a plate or heat shield under the 5 ft long rear bumper so that the bumper doesn't melt away

but i hear you on the first turbo car feeling. i've been in turbo and supercharged cars, but my 1J was the first turbo car that i personally owned, and 280whp feels really fucking fast compared to the stock 7m lol.

car looks good glad to see the vvti is working well keep up the good work

I saw this car at irwindale, i remember ken and rob driving it all night haha, i dont remember it drifting too well though cause of the intercooler piping problem, but none the less this shit is pretty sick.