IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0083-1.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0072-1.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

1453_1.jpg

looks promising man, are the s13 coilovers being dropped in with s13 suspension pieces or are you grabbing threaded tubeds to weld your spindles on?

looks promising man, are the s13 coilovers being dropped in with s13 suspension pieces or are you grabbing threaded tubeds to weld your spindles on?

thanks man!

hacked off the brackets for the s13 knuckle mounting and smoothed them out, ground the paint off the bottom and boom, had a threaded tube.

then used G's instructions for installing his threaded tubes as to how much of the original strut tube to leave (about 1/3"). its that low and i have full travel up front. the spring perch is less than an inch lower than max height.

Thats Genius man, I never thought about that as I had full s13 front suspension and the coilovers before I ditched the idea. BTW car looks gangster status at that ride height!

just waitin on some maintenance parts to come in next week and i'll be ready to go in the bay itself.

talk more about the quarter master t/o setup. price vendor etc etc. plz

love it. its cool to see all these cressidas getting 1uz's.

what are you doing for mounts?

im ordering my addapter kit on friday for i can start my 1uz swap

Yay, over priced Quantum garbage!

Other than that, I can't fucking believe I missed this thread. Holy fuck! Dude, block off EGR garbage. I did a smog legal swap and my egr pipe was cracked so I welded it.

Here's some inspiration from me to you ;)

2011-07-10_16-32-16_570.jpg

block offs are definitely in order Mo. i don't have any kind of smog i need to pass so it will be gone.

and yeah.... fuck Quantum.... the ultra homo fag shit is that by the time the actually got me all the fucking parts i needed from them, brandon would have had flywheels ready. i waited 2 fucking months from the time i ordered.......

talk more about the quarter master t/o setup. price vendor etc etc. plz

i used the same GM internal slave setup that Mo did from Brandon@1uzfeswapkit.com. easy to install and the price point is good.

the quartermaster and howe setups that others have used have a tendency to go through slaves like crazy. they're not designed for the abuse of daily driving. the car won't really be daily'd much, but i'd rather have a $100 parts store replacement cost for a slave that was meant for a production car with a heavier plate as opposed to a $200+ special order replacement cost .

what are you doing for mounts?

sorting that out in the next week.

Visit DaftInnovations.com to see if he can make you some motor mounts. He made mine and he also made some bad ass isolators. My car is still at his shop were supposed to get the exhuast finished up when I get back to cali so he'll probably use my shit to copy for you or somethin.

i have been bugging xcessive manufacturing about mounts for about a month now. they keep on telling me there going to make them but there waiting on a shell

i would ask daft, Mo, but your car was an S1 crossmember and mine is an S2. they won't be the same unfortunately.

and jrman, do they need a guinea pig, or an actual car before they can make them?

i guess they have the motor and a car sitting there (needs 7m pulled) for it but i guess the owner gave up on cressidas already. so i dont know what the deal is. i would say give them a call maybe another person bugging them about them might make them figure something out.

Guest Fidel Cashflo

Was actually looking forward to a non V8 thread LOL.

Swap looks so clean with the engine cover! I have tons of parts I'm getting rid of, if you need anything.

Was actually looking forward to a non V8 thread LOL.

Swap looks so clean with the engine cover! I have tons of parts I'm getting rid of, if you need anything.

there are 4 v8 threads in this entire section?

Guest Fidel Cashflo

there are 4 v8 threads in this entire section?

I was referring to other forums, not just JZXproject.

ah.

carry on then.

then i'll git 'r done the old fashioned way

I got a black S2 X8 sitting at daft's shop. If you can convince him, he has a 1UZ sitting at his shop he can mock mounts for.

then i will def look into it.

i'm going to take a crack at it first to see what i can come up with. i know the basics behind making mounts, just never done it.

Well, I helped him eyeball make my mounts (not recommended) but he was clever. He used put a spacer in between the oil pan and crossmember to get the engine at the final height I wanted. I bolted the transmission Cressida crossmember, yes it worked, and then he spent forever centering the engine literally dead in the middle and flat as fuck meaning the top of the intake manifold was level with the rest of the car. He then mocked up some motor mounts with cardboard. Fairly easy but time consuming process because he wanted the exhaust manifold and everything to be mounted before he made the mounts so he can eliminate any future fuck you situations.

ok thanks for the tips Mo, that's a great explanation. i now have my process fully in my mind.