Mitch

Xcessive Manufacturing

^thats funny mitch and I had the same discussion last night. Expect some pics soon.

its good to hit the ctrl arm. You dont want the bind when that plane goes straight.

yes please post pics.

I just got a set of wheels and tires for the car so there is no rubbing at lock. its just tie rod to control arm if anyone wants to see. Just fyi, From what i am noticing, stock knuckles plus x7 rack makes just as much angle since tie rod hits control arm either way. Knuckles definitely allow for "better" ackerman and quicker steering. If you want me to post pictures let me know. I dont want to whore up this thread and turn it into a steering lock one.

I'll get pics up soon, my next day off is tomorrow.

Until then let's start a new thread for steering angle lock to lock and keep this thread on topic with Xcessive parts.

thanks

materials are out at the laser cutters right now.

When we get them back I'll know more, should be sooner than later.

Any price estimates on these knuckles?

I really like Xcessive stuff because they are very great quality and VERY reasonably priced.

Got the ability to do other materials than metal?

Sorry I haven't got pics yet, my days off turned into overtime at work.

Kyle - what kind of "other materials" were you thinking? Rich is a pattern maker by trade. So molds, fiber glass, anything is possible. Did have anything you want made?

So my crappy Iphone won't take good enough pics to show it, but the outer tie rod has plenty of play left. No worries about blowing out the ball joint on them.

The tierod does hit the FLCA but that acts as a stop so you cannot steer beyond what could be recovered. At a certain point, the wheels turn too far and are unable to return. My wheels are 18x8.5j +15 and would rub the frame before full lock was achieved. I'll swap on my 17's and see if I can get more angle out of it before I hit.

Price is up in the air right now, the parts are out for plating right now.But when they get back I'll have a confirmed price for the pair with the tierod extensions.

But great news for all JZ and 7M x8 owners, Xcessive has come out with Polyurethane Motor mounts!

1981659f.jpg

Another great part, these have been longevity tested on Lucas' car with a 1J and 1.5J for the better part of a year. And after all the abuse he could throw at them they are holding strong! Still have to talk to Rich but prices and parts will be in shortly.

69536be8.jpg

Xcessive mount versus OEM rubber mount.

d1bb2725.jpg

All mounts come with brand new hardware, and match OEM size. You could even run these on a stock 7M.

All you need is the bottom plate from your OEM mounts and you're ready to go.

119a9373.jpg

Upper section is cast aluminium with steel bolt retainers suspended in polyurethane to both absorb vibration and movement of the engine under vigorous driving.

The lower section is plate steel bent and formed then Zinc coated for anticorrosion.

3302b803.jpg

Pick up both the engine brackets with corrected geometry for Zenki (89-90) or Kouki (91-92) and polyurethane mounts and your set! never worry about tearing another set of mounts.

16cf8d43.jpg

Thes will be in stock very soon, as soon as they are prices will follow. I have these in my car right now and they are great. No excessive vibration into the chassis, and the motor is super stable. No movement at all, smooth transfer of power to the rear wheels.

don't be afraid to leave coments or questins below.

Bushings for the rear hubs where the arms connect would be nice. Been thinking about ordering a kit I saw for mk3 lately.

i'm worried about the knuckles to

the angles look wrong and with the design look like they will create binding

but lets hope they work the more parts the better only took a good 7 years+ for people to jump on board and start making parts for the x8

Kyle - I've been looking into it as well, since our cars are getting old and the factoy pieces are falling apart. If more comes of it other than a discussion I'll let you know.

Hizoku - I daily my cress with these knuckles. No binding issues at all. The geometry from the factory is designed for a car that's 2 feet off the ground. These are only meant for lowered cars, just like 326 Power suspension arms. Everything is designed to be low and max angle. Could you be more specific on where you think the binding issues will occur?

Ccwhit7 - I'm working on it ;)

mitch hey buddy will there be a knuckles only price cause i plan on running z32 outers since there longer.

Just saying there is no angle a car being low does not make it need a flat angle as such

for example my car is running full custom sub frame in rear and runs LOW

just a rule with design as such something on a 8 degree angle lowering your car 3 inches does not mean you now will run 0 degree of angle if you get me. and for your information 326 ones don't go from a angle to flat they just remove a part and re-weld

i got tfreedom aftermarket knuckles on my car and the design is total diff to a flat laser cut item , so just trying to get around how these work even if you look at other items for s13 and so forth like drift work ones they are still the same design they just move everything up to keep the geo of a car the same as such

just my 2cents not having a go at you or anything just trying to work out design thats all

still happy to see more stuff out there for X8 :D

no problem, I'll get an accurate measurment of deflection in the arm where the outer tie-rod bolts.

redbull - yes there will be for people that run either jzx100 outer tie-rods or any other option.

Hizoku, I was running theses in my ae with no issues and aw11, so the ones Mitch are running are prob gonna be GREAT! and a u can see the theres no angle.

post-2065-023627100 1295033978_thumb.jpg

Hizoku, I was running theses in my ae with no issues and aw11, so the ones Mitch are running are prob gonna be GREAT! and a u can see the theres no angle.

Yes there is. What do you call that in the middle?

I wish I wasn't at work or I would already have pics and measurments. And yes they do work I've been driving on them for a month now, plus a little street Dori in the rain.

I love them ^_^