Sign in to follow this  
ASIM2JZX100

bosch 044 in jzx100 wires heating?

Has any one else on this fourm fitted a bosch 044 pump to their chaser jzx100, I have a problem with mine that the wires get hot and they are thick wires too and the pump is activated via a switch. Help appreciated.

thanks

^^^

yeah, if u run off the stock power wire on the car it'll run off the stock fuel pump relay AND it'll run off the ignition swtich therefore not needing a manual switch for the pump.

do you reakon the stock circuit is enough to handle the standard in tank pump + two 044s?

I was planning on just piggy backing of the standard pump wires to feed my other two pumps. Im using the stock pump as a surge filler

Might blow fuses or get a bit hot i reakon

noooo... do you know how a relay works? you have 2 12v+ and 2 ground. they are paired +-, and +-. one pair is a swithc. when it sees power, it activates a switch via electromagnetic flux, and the current is free to pass.

you would wire the stock fuel pump wire to the trigger side of the relay, and run a nice large gauge wire on the other two posts inline to the bosch's and stocker. you need a 4 post relay of the appropriate amperage.

if you had twin fuel pumps, chances are you have your battery in your trunk too.

if you have a battery in your trunk, you should wire the fuel pumps to relays in the trunk, getting fused direct power to the battery. just trigger the relays from the front (fuel pump switch on switched power etc..) or use the ecu trigger, whatever.

For any run longer than 3 ft on a 044 I'd use at least 14ga for the power and ground. They draw like 20a sometimes.

Just saying.