Sign in to follow this  
I_need_money

back from the dead, serialnine x7 driver from tx

What's up everyone, not sure if you guys know much about me but my names robert and I'm the other American driver competing in a Serialnine backed Cressida. I've had a good intro into pro-am drifting this season with the XDC drift series. As of now I plan on competing in the Fabricated motorsports Texas drift series as well as the xdc drift series.

Recently when the Texas series was announced, a dyno and weigh in was held at powerfab in Houston tx.

The car weighed in at 2930, with 401whp off of the wastegate.

At the shop I ran into a few media guys from maydaygarage.com and Mr James Evins from motormavens and was pretty much told "were shooting this car today" so I was like cool, let's do this. Today mayday released the article linked below.

http://maydaygarage.com/2010/11/30/on-the-run-shoot-robert-turnbows-candy-mx73-toyota-cressida/

But anyways I'm ready for 2011, time to step up my game and bring home some trophies and shit

1108677061_hZLQD-M.jpg

you robert is a really cool and nice guy anyone here in texas ever gets a chance to ride with him take it verysolid driver and has lots of smoke everytime gl in 2011 robert i will be rooting for you man!

Super hot!

Thanks everyone, I still have a few more things I want done before next season. Drop some weight, maybe some jdm bumpers, a little more power and more decent wheels.

I am going to try and update as much as possible and keep everyone informed on the cars status and the drifting.

People don't know but this car is the incarnation of all 3 jz swapped x7s I've had haha,

the cage is pretty crazy the guy that made it is a bad ass fabricator, everything is symmetrical

18x9 +1 18x10 -5 low disc

edit: the rear wells are super modified though, I did this to run a much wider tire than I could this year. They required so much rolling, heating, pulling, hammering and cutting. I even had to "roll" the rear doors. true story

i like the fact that you chose 18's. totally changes the look. if you had some sorta aero.... holy fuck, that'll really set it off

The funny thing is, I wanted to go with 17's but G talked me into staying with 18s. glad he did

I know x7 aero would be awesome AHEM....hint.. hint

for sure, but I dont think im gonna make the 12th practice. I learned the hard way this year, you need allot more then hopes, dreams and friends to loan you money to make it through a season. I'll probably start hittin up events in January or so. That or get jodi to let me drive ameens old car we'll see.

get in line buddy ive driving it last two events lmao

I know haha, but good though he needed someone to get him in the rite direction. I've been too busy un-shit boxing my car to make dallas events

Car is rad. I want vid :(

sadly like I said I wont be making many events in the near future(as in this month). I gotta put her on I diet I'm thinking lexan rear glass and some door gutting. Then aero of some sort or jdm bumpers. And finally maybe a fiberglas hood. The weight distribution on the car was like 50.3 49.7 or some crazy totally unbelievable shit.

shit man, i think i've seen the past 2 cars you've brought out and you can't say there's been no progression over the past couple years. can't wait to see what it can do.

Sign in to follow this