bwcress

methanol Injection questions

Alright so i just did a search and can find NOTHING on meth injection... So whos running meth? What kit are you running? whats your meth to water ratio(or other denatured alcohol iso heat etc.)? How much boost are you running and what size meth injector? I just installed an aem meth kit in a friends 1j 240 and am curious to see the gains after the car gets tuned and am thinking about running it myself... Any helpful info is much appreciated

supraforums would be a good place to look. the big power guys over there are all about the stuff.

I put meth on a lot of cars. It really depends on power goals and stuff. Do you really need it? I'd usually run it on powerful cars (like 500 or more). Of course it helps on low power stuff too. Charge cooling is the main thing. I'm sure youve done research :)

with that said I usually use a standalone to activate pump and a pressure sensor as a failsafe.

this particular stage of my build will not require meth but i know it always helps and im going to need it once the twins take a doodie. im just trying to figure out if the gains are worth getting a kit now or just waiting till i need it

I nevr use kits. Jujust get a pump and use the windshield tank. All the other stuff can be had from any hose supplier.

devilsown are all good duys with good reputations and service. cheap too.

I despise methanol injection kits, and have used them all. Long term reliability has always been an issue. So much so that all GOOD major systems must include a failsafe... lol.

AEM's new system with the programmable flow vs pump speed map is the best system I have seen/used so far. It has alot of options which you can setup in the case of a fault situation (either under or over flow). So when there is inevitably a fault from running a second fuel system on your car, it doesn't blow up.

The best mixture you can run is 50/50. Water only is useless, and 100% alcohol or methanol is extra corrosive and simply not necessary and kills the parts in the system faster than normal. The nozzle size will be dependent on how much HP (airflow) you will be making. Denatured alcohol from the hardware store works well if you do not have methanol available. If you don't want to worry about the mixture, i think snow performance sells 'boost juice'.

Meth injection sorta seems like it hit or miss sometimes. I was planning on using it but the cons outweigh the pros with meth. Like cocobitzz said, supraforums has a lot of info on meth inj. If there is a pump local to you then Id suggest running you car on e85 before you went with meth. But your going to need teflon fuel lines and injectors that will be able to meet your hp goal.