Sign in to follow this  
jnianekeo

JNCressida Build

Great job super clean well done

build looks great ! any issues with that intake manifold where it bolts up to the stock runners? ... leak wise? i've seen people weld them up even the real greddy ones . just curious. also what's your diff. setup ? does your car have a stock lsd

Currently running stock open rear end. Looking for an ma70 diff to put in before I turn up the power.

As for the manifold... I didn't have any problems until I opened her up on my way to work. I was probably running about 8-9psi and it felt amazing. I can definitely notice the torque compared to my 1Js in the past. But as I was mobbing away I hear a pop and then a really loud annoying whistle develop. At first I thought it was an intercooler pipe blow off, but then I noticed the whistle got louder everytime I leaned against the manifold. I notied a gap between the manifold and the runner. The plate between is aluminum so eventually they will all warp and leak. I had a horrible vacuum leak and no boost pressure. So I put my Spool gun and new new welder to work. Its my first time welding aluminum so don't hate.

photo-6.jpg

Just got her done this morning. Still need to clean her up. Will try to have it back together by this weekend.

Currently running a stock fan for now: planning to do dual 12" fans soon.

Stock Cressida fan and fan clutch, or did u go with a LS400 fan clutch with a MKIII supra fan blade?

Stock Cressida fan and fan clutch, or did u go with a LS400 fan clutch with a MKIII supra fan blade?

As of right now, I'm running a sc300 fan clutch and fan. Had to trim it a little to clear the upper hose. This is temporary until my fans come. In the past I've run a stock soarer clutch and fan.