Austin

Whats the time? It's time to get ILL!!! Now with more ILL!!!!!

Awwww you guys really make a cute couple

gay-couple-beach-engagement-session_zpsg

Wouldn't let chase bays wire my lawnmower but the manual brakes and ps setup are pretty nice.

Did you end up changing your shifter?

Manual brakes are great for cleaning up an engine bay,

but lousy for stopping.......

Oh, and instead of garbaging up someone else's thread, your idea of 3.55 gears behind a CD009 is fucking retarded to say the least.

With what, if your lucky, maybe 400 hp, I doubt is you could use most of 5th, let alone 6th.

You don't have enough power to go 200mph (about 400 short), it takes a minimum of 400 to do 160.

And for the parking lot drifting, you would most likely never get out of 3rd (101mph, providing your jz can even rev to 7500).

I ran some numbers, and fucking 5.3 gears would allow you to use all of the big ass heavy fucking datsun trans.

(6th would put you at about 138mph)

But with that rear end ratio, you would have to shift.

I know that it's a task with that farmer shifter you welded up.

Ricky, i have high hopes, and they're down the street. Easy to work with thus far.

Gordo-manual brakes are BETTER for modulation and feel, which is what you want especially when your tires dont stick and you dont use nannies like abs. Add to that the cleanliness of the bay and it was a no brainer.

As for your 3.55 comment, i dont care to go 160 or 200+ mph. What i do care about is using the least number of gears possible while drifting (every event i've done in the past two years besides 1 has been a roadcourse btw) and dropping my 70mph cruising rpm. 350z guys have half the power and jump to 4.11's, which is exactly what i would do if i was using this trans with a stock na2j. Almost all of the LS or turbo 350 dudes drop back to 3.55's.

P.s. You havent seen my current shifter and you wont for a while. But suffice to say, you cant tell it isnt stock.

For what you are doing with the car, you could use a good 4-speed, so going through all the BS of making that whale fit is.......

a waste of time & effort.

Yup, I figured the drift thing, with the cheapest fucking tires you can find, being part of your decission on the less braking thing.

Not something I'd ever do.

But the cheap tire thing will also mean that you will never do well against a real drift car, as I see the top cars running good sticky tires.

You can make all the excuses you want about being cheap, but it just shows that you are, among other things, cheap.

When did i say anything about running bad tires? And when you say "top cars" what you mean is "competetive" and i have zero interest in that. My car is a full interior street car with ac, powersteering, and stereo. I NEED over drive. Im not building a race car. I build race cars all day at work. I know how and im capable, i just dont want one.

If your car is so streetable, why tow it to events ?

Besides, you are the one that mentioned tires that don't stick.

The way you talk, you should have stayed with an auto, that way, you wouldn't have to shift at all.

Everything I see here says you're a fan boy, with no intentions to make your car do anything well.

You have a car that you are afraid to go fast in. I can see why with no power brakes.

Modulate braking, I don't think you can.......

In fact, I say Bull Shit to your driving abilities.

Gordo you don't know anything, this guy is a better driver than all of us.

He frequently drives his car at tracks which makes his knowledge and skill far superior to us mere forum warriors

Its not that im afraid, i just dont see the point? I street drive my car all the time, i tow to events in case i make a mistake. This is a pissing match going nowhere. I might continue it in the name of a good time, but your car hasnt seen the track in a decade, so whats the point really. Im very secure with my driving abilities, both grip driving and drifting. Everyone has room for improvement, im just at the level where im helping others progress.

But pissing contests are fun.........

Besides, I'm feeling the effects of 63 years of arthritis, pissed off at the world,

and no one but haymaker jumped in when some newb posted in a 3-1/2 year old thread without doing an intro first.

I agree. This place is desperately close to yhe dead zone.

I'd take this place in the dead zone over Cressida Nation any day

I like how none of you fucking fag engineers even talk about the benefits of manual brakes in this drift situation directly correlating with the car being boosted.

Gordon: you're slipping

Austin: you did it just to be cool. So per usual fashion, go find some spare strip metal, cut your pedal, play with the calc I linked and fix one portion of that hack ass bs

Not gonna lie, super curious how your pedal wall is taking the abuse.

I had no issue with the brakes before, other than not liking the lack of feedback. I was even able to left foot brake effectively. As far as positive pressure with the booster, also not an issue, the IS booster has a built in check valve. One issue i did have was blowing the vacuum hose of the booster, but hose clamps fixed that.

2nd i did do it mainly to make the bay cleaner.

Lastly, as long as the master cylinder is properly sized, it doesnt take much additional effort to stop the car. So my firewall isnt flexing much, if any, more than it was before. But if i were to notice anything i'd reinforce the firewall, or ditch the whole setup and go to a full pedal/tandem master setup like i had in the corolla.