Austin

Whats the time? It's time to get ILL!!! Now with more ILL!!!!!

Car is balls fast, clutch is mad awesome!! Trans blew up 2nd day with clutch. Seriously best clutch i ever owned, perfectly streetable, holds amazing. Less than 100miles, and for sale. I paid just over 400$ shipped. 300 shipped to first buyer. And i promise not to take 2 months to ship like i always do.

Anyway bbygrl kyle is mad at me because i have zero faith in toyota transmissions and have jumped ship. See you fags on the other side. Engine and trans are coming out----hello non exploding 6 speed transmission.

7DB59B2E-320D-48E7-841F-113350C8EC97-547

pretty much everyone is doing this right now so far its super reliable

Z32TT trans? I've heard of people doing this, but I can never get a straight answer about how the speedo and everything else works with it.. Post lots of info and pics when you do this.. plz?

Z33 trans. Z32 is 5 speed and bullshit. My car gets speedo signal from abs. So my shits just going to bolt together and go in. Except its huge and wont fit in the tunnel, so im probably going to have to cut the tunnel and build a new one.

CD009? Ive got an 01 but intend to only use it to make adaptor shizz and then keep as a spare. Any idea if they're identical bolt pattern etc?

Its all the same. Maverick motor sports makes adapter setup with a flywheel and all already. Fitment was spot on.

I bolted the trans to the engine, and put it in the car. Very minor triming needed to get it to fit. In fact you might get away without trimming if the car isnt low. The trans is just huge, so, it hangs low un less you either have three extra days snd an air hammer, or cut it out and weld in new. I'll take pics and post them up.

Changed the shifter because you guys were sort of right and i found a solution that made me happy.

0B57F535-43A5-4524-8BE2-895D6C8C302C_zps

Had low compression on cyl 6, tore down motor to rebuild, cyl 6 ring lands decimated, cyl 1 ringlands cracked.

33491FBB-290B-440B-B8A3-3E977524D281_zps

Put in forged internals, 1jz pistons and 2jzgte rods. Check out the rod difference. Insane.

3F692D96-E0AB-4B03-BFA8-5EEDFA812115_zps

Motors done and running, but i wanted to RHD swap my car because I fucking wanted to. I got a good deal on a half cut in texas, and drove there last thursday to grab it, came back friday and got to work. Since i gutted the engine bay to clean and swap the RHD bullshit over i decided to do a mild tuck/wire/hose cleanup and paint the engine bay. I've never sprayed real paint before. There are flaws and stuff but it looks pretty cool to me. Also ditching the abs block and making new brake lines because my abs didnt work anyway and it was so close to the turbo bullshit. Need to convert lhd dash harness to rhd since the altezza doesnt have a bunch of shit that the IS does and then i can drive hopefully. Just trying to clean up some of the messy shit i did to get the car going initially. Also picked up a bunch of black interior and some rad altezza cloth interior door panels.

96085C50-CE13-4ADB-BB92-55C0D9ECDDBA_zps

A0CBE286-FC28-43DF-9096-93FC30584D2E_zps

7C309914-B45C-4AB0-9F19-66E3C3DE6E29_zps

C00192ED-41D2-463F-93CF-4C256580EFF8_zps

265DB2DE-B608-4145-B01D-B6943A1C2567_zps

Is that shifter the first one, and you are holding back pictures on the improved version ?

Thats improved. It works fine, just looks like ass.

.003 clearance. No slop in this shifter.

Anyone have pics of this transmission swap in a X8 car yet? I'm wondering how the trans mount needs to be modified.

They are in some ways arent in others. Im on ziptied. They took it straight from my zt build thread. Im not touting this shifter as the right way to do it. I am however willing to bet that my shifter shifts better than any of the other shit. Even a stock cd09 shifter has more slop than mine.

The question is how long it would last if i weren't continuously improving it.

to be honest man yes it looks like crap but you did it yourself which is awesome seeming most the people here cant even lift a fucking wrench. i just made my own seat brackets do they look bad ass no would i sell it to anyone no. am i happy i'm learning and doing shit myself yes. so just keep improving that's all we can do.

Motors in. Nothing fits right. Turbo and manifold for sale. Or trade for hx40 and t4 manifold. Or some cool garrett/bw turbo that will do 500 wheel at 22psi and be somewhat responsive.

682E4B76-F0AC-4282-A320-15BC6BF6625E_zps

Also got all the rhd stuff sorted and wired and installed. Yayyyy

96FEC4A3-F09D-448F-89DF-598AE779107E_zps

Cant wait to drive it.

Still swapping parts over. Most of the engine stuff is ready. All i really have left is powersteering line and cooler, and putting the radiator in, and relocating the battery to the trunk. I deleted abs and made new lines. Might have to add an adjustable prop valve for rear bias, but wont know for sure until im driving and i get the bbk on.

ok so did you cut and re-weld the clip or how did you go about things?

Drilled spotwelds/cut firewall, and welded in rhd firewall. Then swapped steering rsck/crossmember and brackets for firewall.