Austin

Whats the time? It's time to get ILL!!! Now with more ILL!!!!!

My names Austin, I'm pretty fucking new here, and I guess since my car is mid build, I ought to have a build thread eh?

bringing you up to speed.

How it sat about 3.5 months ago...

IMG_5052.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

then, i got tired of fucked up front fenders, and found some carbon fenders, which lasted about an hour before i blew one apart with my tire, so the carbon fenders turned into over fenders for my super shittay oem fenders... and i started test fitting lips and sideskirts...

Picture001.jpg

Picture.jpg

and a 1 of a kind rear bumper i made...

Picture008.jpg

and started on my turbo build...

Picture009.jpg

Picture002.jpg

started fucking around with intake manifold designs...

Picture010.jpg

came up with this hardware list, this is my plan so to speak...but add 1jz pistons and 2jzgte rods...

holset hy35

turboeast log manifold

hks 40mm wastegate

dual hks black limited ssqv bov's

3 inch mandrel bent ss intercooler piping

cx racing intercooler 32" X 9" X3"

4 inch down pipe

greddy style ffim

q35 throttle body

usdm 550cc supra injectors

walbro 255

aeromotive afpr

return line

gm map and intake air temp sensor

aem 1313 standalone

hks camp2 mounted in the stock gauge cluster position monitoring all vitals.

r154 swap, eventually changed for a skystice ar5 when i can afford to buy another trans for no reason.

got some stuff fabbed up and bought my turbo...

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

intake manifold #2 sucks. gotta try for lucky number 3 tomorrow...

Picture021.jpg

welded my intercooler pipes, well tacked until i'm 100% sure on routing...

Picture011.jpg

decided on paint scheme, and made my sportx front bumper fit around the intercooler...

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

and thats where i'm at. i bought a 1990 FZR600 to daily, i have 400$ in it, would love to sell it for alot more than that to finish the turbo build.

and i'm out of money. i have all my trans swap parts except clutch master and flywheel bolts, and i need piston rings and rod bearings and a gte headgasket like oxygen.

i'll update when something changes.

turboeast log manifold. its pretty rare. i think i hate it.

Its for sale/ trade but it has a t3 pattern drilled into the fland so now its t3/4, they also crack every single time so i welded up the cracks that were in it, i extended the wastegate tube to clear the motor and turbo, and its functional now i think.

Car is pretty rad I can't wait to see more progress/

nice i like to see is build ups cause people are always to pussy to touch there is...

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

SO riding a motorcycle when its cold and rainy sucks balls. new plan, swap in the five speed and make the motor run, eventually when i have all my fucking parts ready, wire in that standalone, and boost the ever living christ out of it. right now, i just miss my fucking car.

I bought some shit:

MKIV master cylinder

SS Braided clutch line

ARP flywheel bolts.

I have a six puck clutch good to around 600ish whp, a resurfaced flywheel, and oem pressure plate. also have my trans, 1jz bellhousing, and driveshaft, which combined make this:

intakemanifold001.jpg

which makes me very happy.

i sold my hks hypermaxII coils which were blown as shit for 300$, and bought some not blown apexi coils for 375$ + stock shocks and springs. waiting on them to come in now.

got my mil spec cannon plugs, will start wiring as soon as my harness gets shipped back to me.

building a shift knob at work, turning it out of aluminum, shaped like a smallish lightbulb. very comfortable, but i'm hoping its heavy enough.

built intake manifold #3 which i think is a winner, i'm digging it.

intakemanifold002.jpg

intakemanifold003.jpg

intakemanifold005.jpg

needs some more welding,grinding, and painting, and it should be golden.

this is what the turbo side looks like. i relocated the abs block and brake lines since the battery has been relocated to the trunk, there was plenty of room.

intakemanifold004.jpg

and sometimes i like to tape my intercooler piping together with blue painters tape and pretend that the tape is actually silicone couplers and my car runs and is fast and shit. but thats all fake, and it doesn't run, and when it does, it'll probably be slow.

intakemanifold006.jpg

intakemanifold007.jpg

And thats whats fucking up.

Haha I was sitting in mine last night making sounds and blowing the doors off a z06. Glad to know I'm not the only one that does that.

^^ true story he sent me a picture

FUCK THIS MOTHERFUCKING HEAVY ASS R154 BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY CAR IS 14 INCHES OFF THE GROUND, AND I'M WORKING BY MYSELF. WHY CANT THIS PIECE OF SHIT JUST BOLT ON? SO FUCKING TIRED OF MY FRIENDS NOT FUCKING BEING THERE WHEN I NEED SOME FUCKING HELP, BUT EXPECTING ME TO SHOW EVERYTIME. AND I DO SHOW EVERYTIME. THIS, IS BULLSHIT. AND ALL CAPS FOR FRUSTRATION.

the easy way to do a r154 is to jack up the front of the engine and to assemble the clutch after you bolt the transmission to the engine because getting the input shaft into the clutch release bearing hub , splined into the disk and pilot bearing is almost impossible on your back under the car . Also make sure the disk is facing the right way so you don't have to do it over . It's kind of like building a ship in a bottle but it works and I have done it myself a few times .

Good luck !

i got it all together, but now i have a question.... when i was throwing it together i noticed that the clutch was different on both sides.which side goes to the flywheel? the smoother side right? i fucking hope so. now i need to bleed the clutch line, but its not really cooperating.

spring pack on the disk goes into the pressure plate. and why not upgrade the pressure plate ? did you also remember to put some kinda thread sealant/FIPG/locktite on the flywheel bolts ?

Locktighted the flywheel bolts, torqued them to 75ftlbs, clutch is in properly. Clutch pedal isnt attatched properly, moves a shit ton. And probably single handedly isnt allowing enough travel to completely disengage the clutch.

fuck yes. machined a spacer at work today, and now the clutch pedal is fantastic, and fully disengages the clutch, everything is bled and functioning as far as i know. it feels really good to row through the gears again, even if its stationary. still waiting on coils and wiring, hopefully this week they'll come in, then i'm driving this piece. i miss it so bad. drift video's to follow completion.

holy fuck wire tucks suck asshole. updated pics tomorrow. i'm way too fucking tired to be online right now.

On my harness so much shit had to be relocated it was like a might as well type deal. Basically move the body harness under the dash, along with fuse box ecu and relays. Plus it looks better, and troubleshooting should be easier with it sll in one place

uh..... yeah. shit happened.

IMG_0571.jpg

drivers side is tucked, passenger and under dash this week.

trying to buy some wheels monday.

Jokes? Cars pretty slow without boost, and thats a few weeks outstill.

the 4.30s plus the 5 speed and it should be fun without the boost! You pulling all the sound deadening out and shit? DO IT! Put that bitch on a diet!