Sign in to follow this  
Anton

Aussie GX81 Mark II

Hey im anton from Western australia picked up a GX81 mark 2 a month or so ago and i have been working on getting it licenced. it is now and its time for me to start modifying it

It's about time I put this up

the car is a 1988 GX81 Mark II , Factory Manual and its Stock as i got the car licensed last week and a whole bunch of parts is on order

IMG_0266.jpg

and as per usual it required some work , and still more work

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

after a few hours

IMG_0272-1.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

and then some more + test fit rims

IMG01290.jpg

IMG01291.jpg

IMG01294.jpg

IMG01295.jpg

Ready for Pits

in-terms of how much i paid for it i wont discuss but lets just say it was payment for work not yet completed.

IMG01418.jpg

IMG01419.jpg

IMG01420.jpg

IMG01421.jpg

IMG01293.jpg

This arrived on thursday and i only just got it out of its dark corner

IMG01354.jpg

IMG01355.jpg

IMG01356.jpg

IMG01422.jpg

according to the advert i was buying a yamaha concept rear spoiler , it isnt. *sigh* oh well itll do for now

will be taking some HQ photos (ran over my phone so photos taken on a clunker) once some stuff arrives. Ordered most of the items a week or so ago should be here soon

- Coilovers

- Rear sun visor

- Weather-strips

then its time to save for engine swap

Nice work. I like your custom tag.

Cool cool are you

going 1j or what the 1g doesn't feel good?

the 1g feels horrible got something wrong with it anything over 3k rpm it starts to detonate n stuff this was apparently a pristine motor , unfortunately for the previous owner i still haven't finished working on his rx7, maybe ill make it look "pristine"

definatly going 1jz at least 1g is just to hard to locate all the right go fast bits

check your plugs and your igniter see if that does the trick could be running to rich...

clean the injectors, change the plugs, check the ign wires for cracks, adjust timing, check voltages on your afm, o2 and TPS. if you have good compression, you should be good to go.

checked ecu for diag codes, haven't checked voltages etc yet, nor cleaned plugs but thats next when i have time problem is was running alot better 500k's ago

always good to source through things cause then you can maybe save you some money in the long run

Nice

problem is my BC's only go til the thread stops inside the base (80mm) had to adjust the hell out of the spring seat hoping i can fix it as moving the seat 7inches is just shit

fixed the issue, there was something stuck in the thread. lols i now have it sitting 1inch lower and i have preload on the front it drives so much smoother, got a jzx81 halfcut coming from JP hopfully the bonnet /headlights do not get damaged in transport ,

19102010123.jpg

19102010124.jpg

19102010125.jpg

SAM_1675.jpg

fitted new 2way mechanical, 4.11 ratio might chase down some 4.3's

Been a long time since i updated, not much has happened minor updates major thing is car finally got painted here is some pictures

IMG-20110807-00175.jpg

IMG-20110807-00176.jpg

IMG-20110807-00177.jpg

IMG-20110807-00182.jpg

IMG-20110807-00183.jpg

no real updates coming for now its going nice and reliable for the moment, next mods will come when major items start to fail/break try to save some cash have it put aside for when it happens. until then ill move my focus to a more track oriented car initially drift but will see..

Looks very clean. I like the fact that you can't tell it's been repaired from the reflections. Why people don't like the Zenki front ends is beyond me.

its not perfect, could have done it better but i seriously though why bother itll be dented up in no time specially with every Tard pushing down on my car to see how stiff it is... but what gets me is why does everyone de-badge their car, badges are COOL

Fuck yeah badges are cool on a car like this. I want people to know its a X.

holy hell this was a long time ago. long story short, some guy pulled me up on the side of the street and wanted the car badly i picked a stupid number he agreed , he paid me and took the car.

spotted it the other day

10556311_743478329028568_574413470292447

still looks great 3 years later

ill have something else one day