Trav

JCG10 toyota progres'

anyone messed around or researched these before? The more I look into it, the more I want to start building one up. suspension and drivetrain interchangable with altezzas would mean there's a lot of aftermarket for it.

here's some pics

ast2008_ph57b.jpg

p1.jpg

there was one guy at spring drift matsuri with one and ever since then it's been on my mind.

looks like the bastard child of an escalade and 300m

awful.

I'm going to bump this old-ass thread, because I'm looking for a new project and these are pretty fucking cheap. Uglier than a IS300 possibly, but I think it has character. Anyone got any relevant info on these things?

d4f8d74s-960.jpg
03260437_5150a7699ca3e.jpg

Actually, they are better looking than an IS..........

At least they don't look like a jerbil.

You might be the guiny pig on this. These had just came out when I lived in Japan and the only dudes that bought them were very rich younger business men/ yak.

I kind of dig the cars, but not the chrome dubs. Might be neat with some massive weds, or 20in work equips.

Yea, I don't mind guinea pigging if I know JZXP has my back when I run into problems (or just lets me know when I'm doing stupid shit). Not sure what direction I would go with it, but first thing I would do is go dissect it next to an altezza and figure out the similarities.

19VMpsy.png

Well, this is half the price of a IS300 up here...

Cross reference pns on Toyodiy

Jesus, $522CAD car in Japan = $3385CAD car in Canada. I know you can buy an ok IS for less than that, must be your area. Just buy the bodywork or someshit. If I was going to re-body an IS, I'd go JZX110 first. Although I like the ugly look of that Progres, pretty sure it would freak people the fuck out since only a few people would ever know what it is.

Pretty sure I read somewhere the Progres had all sorts of wacky tech gizmos. Was like a market test for stuff they weren't sure about putting into Lexus yet back then.

hucker, pm me about that spring trip...kinda want to get this as a Christmas present to myself, but I could hold off if going in on a container could be cost effective (and could snag some other progrés parts at the time)

Bill, a shit IS is like 4k out here...all owned by brown kids who dub them out. No way I could repanel it on the cheap.

Mark, I think 2023...I'll bring one down to you then for the low price of $10,000

We get burned on car prices up here in B.C.

example http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4702847369.html

^^Is 300 255,000k^^ loser is asking 7k

Nac this is awesome.

I will be importing something someday guaranteed.

John. You better get at me before you go. Fuck.

just paid off my credit card so I'm in for JZXP ugly sedan intercontinental smuggling ring 2015

who knows somebody in windsor?

These are ugly as all fuck.

I like it.

Can also agree, I paid off my credit card. Would sell my IS for a JZX90 or 100.

lol that link is to a body kit, not a car...also, I'm likely not buying it on yahoo Japan, but through a car auction, where, looking at previous sales, they constantly go for 50k at about grade 4... and I'm absolutely not going to put a uras kit on it because their pricing sucks dick

Will trade single turbo is300 for x90/x100/altezza/fc/fd. Rhd nerd spec only

Been thinking about this shit more recently, since its exam time and clearly its the best use of my time. I realized the JCG10 weighs more than an X100, and that I could get a X100 for about the same price if it is also auto N/A. This of course then brings into question the whole Mark II vs Chaser vs Cresta debate... Of course x9, 4door r33, r34, c35 laurels and jzs170 crowns are all in this price range...