I_need_money

x7 rearends suck, trying to come up with a solution

"dont over think it gordo."

Guess I am just used to 7M blocks, which seem to be made out of some sort of iron/rubber alloy.........

This is my solution to the rubbish x7 rear

757C27F1-ED49-4CA9-95A0-19624B92F1D2_zps

Does anyone have an mx73 factory chassis and body manual?

I need to confirm a measurement to get wheel base correct before I start modifying the s13 subframe

This is the measurement I need to confirm - marked X?

I have physically measured X? as 469mm.

Just need to confirm what the manual specs it as.

9916CACF-4914-4C89-9B4E-B862B8206D4A_zps

I only have collision repair info for the X8, but I think it would be simple to figure out.

Toyota puts all sorts of odd little holes in the unibody for checking the thing.

They are measuring points.

If you take a good long look at your chassis, you will probably spot them.

Holy shit you guys are still trying to swap a bigger diff in. I love it, you got more heart than me.

I don't know if I ever told anyone but I fixed the diff exploding issue by building them and running the weir LSD kit with good oil and changing it frequently. I had this dive shaft/cv shop to rebuild my cv axles with good grease and boots, and he heat treated the splines I guess.

But... after I got over that hurdle I started snapping hub faces off! the lasted about 3 events. I was making around 500hp with 265 tires at the time.

last thing I was trying was a ford IRS (cobra or Lincoln) hub and buying a bearing that I could put in the machined out trailing arm. Then adapt it to run ford axles/ 8.8 rear end. but I crashed the x7 before I finished it and jumped chassis.