Sign in to follow this  
aphxero

Turbo timer install

I just put in a turbo timer. Just for everyone's reference, TT come withh a ground, a red, a blue, and a green wire. I've hooked up many TT before(greddy,hks,apexi,fet) and it's always the same scheme.

ttwiring.JPG

The connector I pointed to is the body side of the ignition harness. There's a lot more slack on that side to work withh so it's easier IMO. It's also safer to solder in at different points in each wire so all of your solder joints aren't right next to each other. This is good becasue if the tape ever wears away or comes off they won't touch each other.

From the turbo timer the colors are as follows:

red=constant

blue=acc

green=ign

black=ground to body

On the ignition harness body side the colors are as follows:

white withh red tracer=constant

blue withh red tracer=acc

black withh red tracer=ign

---

Oh yeah, and if any of you feel like putting in a push button start the trigger wire is the black withh white tracer (16 gauge)at the far end of the connector.

Hope this is helpful some day.

It's good to know this stuff and have it written down. Not everyone can just figure out stuff even simple stuff like this. And you know that no companies would ever make a turbo timer harness for our cars.

timer.JPG

It's an old school APEXi. Looks pretty good in there.

thank you for this. i never wired up my turbo timer simply because i spite my stock turbos. but after the single install, this will come in handy.

It's good to know this stuff and have it written down. Not everyone can just figure out stuff even simple stuff like this. And you know that no companies would ever make a turbo timer harness for our cars.

you can just use an ma70 turbo timer harness. just gotta make sure you get the right one since there is an early and late listing for ma70.

mikey, I need to do something to the car on a regular basis or I get all stir crazy. Besides, it's one less thing to do next week :)

And yeah, turbo timer harnesses are great and all. But soldering is free!

thank you mark. random bump and 4+ yrs later, this will come in very handy

Does anyone have an ignition diagram?

this is a pic of the ignition harness, but this one wire... Brown w/Red seems to be extra?!

zocqjk.jpg

I'm trying to create my own harness by using the ignition harness from another cressida, that i have cut off... but i know im going to attach it on the ends, i just don't know what to do about this (arrow) extra wire?